Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2020, 22:20   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: HMSI launches Honda Big Wing - Honda's premium bike dealerships

Quote:
On premium bike segment, he said the focus now would be on localisation and India centric products.

"Currently, we don't have localised premium motorcycles with HMSI. Parts are coming from other countries and the products itself are oriented towards advanced countries."

He further said, "Africa Twin, CBR...they are not India oriented models...so we should have localised, original products exclusively tested for the Indian market. Such models are under study, today I cannot tell more but soon details will follow."

Ogata said the company would not only launch new products but would also like to create culture for such products with curated drives and other activities.
Sounds like a first official hint of the new 350 from Honda that I had mentioned earlier. Here is the source of the content.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 22:34   #62
BHPian

When can we expect the CBR 650R BS6 in India market? Does the above statement meant not in near future and they will focus on India specific models first?
Also, is it globally available as Euro5?
Old 29th September 2020, 12:08   #63
BHPian

The Honda Big Wing Bengaluru is up and running. Right now the only bikes available are the CBR1000RR-R, Africa Twin and the Goldwing. The CBR650R and CB1000R is still not BS6 and hence Honda is not accepting booking for these two even though the Honda India site still lists them. The latest entry would be the Honda H’NESS which is being launched tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
HMSI launches Honda Big Wing - Honda's premium bike dealerships-ae3bdce33eef4647990d6fd3fc559bbd.jpeg  

HMSI launches Honda Big Wing - Honda's premium bike dealerships-8d312dd1db47420ba4a665342f8f4006.jpeg  

Xaos636 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 12:38   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
The Honda Big Wing Bengaluru is up and running. Right now the only bikes available are the CBR1000RR-R, Africa Twin and the Goldwing. The CBR650R and CB1000R is still not BS6 and hence Honda is not accepting booking for these two even though the Honda India site still lists them. The latest entry would be the Honda H’NESS which is being launched tomorrow.
Do you know which is the naked bike in the picture? Is it the 300?
Old 29th September 2020, 12:41   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Do you know which is the naked bike in the picture? Is it the 300?
Yes it’s the CB300R. Its their test ride bike I assume. Since they have just 3 models on sale now and since the RR-R and Goldwing aren’t there for test rides or display, I think they kept it to fill up the place.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 22:38   #66
BHPian

Wait seems endless for CBR650R. I have posted enquiry in Honda website/twitter for CBR650R. No updates from there as well. I might end up buying one of the Kawasaki's
abhi_tjet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 09:30   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Wait seems endless for CBR650R. I have posted enquiry in Honda website/twitter for CBR650R. No updates from there as well. I might end up buying one of the Kawasaki's
The Honda 650 is not yet Euro 5 / BS6 compliant as far as I know. That is the reason as to why it is not available in India as of now. If you do want to buy a 650 soon, the Kawasaki is the way to go.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 23:28   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The Honda 650 is not yet Euro 5 / BS6 compliant as far as I know. That is the reason as to why it is not available in India as of now. If you do want to buy a 650 soon, the Kawasaki is the way to go.
Kawasaki is good but please wait a bit. Here's some encouraging news to make the wait worthwhile unless you were looking for a big upgrade in the new 2021 CBR650r Honda announced today

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-b...and-suspension

Don't see much changes in the specifications though with this overhaul. Hopefully Honda prices it sensibly considering this doesn't look like a comprehensive update that we saw for some of Kawasaki middleweights this year.
Attached Thumbnails
HMSI launches Honda Big Wing - Honda's premium bike dealerships-21ym_cbr650r_matgunpowderblackmetallic_nh436_rfq.jpg  

camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 17:10   #69
BHPian

Thanks for the update @camitesh. However, no update on this article regarding euro5/BS6 upgrade.
Old 2nd October 2020, 19:29   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update @camitesh. However, no update on this article regarding euro5/BS6 upgrade.
The CBR650R is now Euro5/BS6 and we can expect it to be launched in India very soon. There are a few updates on the CBR650R as well.

Quote:
The CBR650R has been given Euro5 approval that means it’s set to remain on sale for the foreseeable future. The Euro5 tweaks include revised ECU settings, new camshafts, revised intake timing, a new exhaust, catalytic converter and silencer. A new crank sensor is also added to help achieve the misfire detection that Euro5 demands.

On the chassis front, the big news is the adoption of Showa’s ‘Separate Function front Fork Big Piston’ forks (SFF-BP). These replace the old bike’s non-big-piston Separate Function front Fork (SFF). Both the CB650R and CBR650R get the update

The ‘separate function’ bit refers to the fact that the springing and damping are separated, with the spring in one fork tube and the damper in the other, reducing weight, while the new ‘Big Piston’ part means there’s a larger piston in the damper, improving damping response and feel.

Cosmetically, the CBR650R gains tweaks to the seat unit design with new side panels to make it look more minimalist, as well as new licence plate bracket. Up front, the headlights get a resigned reflector, while from on-board there’s a tweak to the LCD dashboard with a new font and revised angle to make it more readable.
Source: https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...dated-for-2021
Attached Thumbnails
HMSI launches Honda Big Wing - Honda's premium bike dealerships-cbr-black.jpg  

HMSI launches Honda Big Wing - Honda's premium bike dealerships-cbr-red.jpg  

Xaos636 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 11:32   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
The CBR650R is now Euro5/BS6 and we can expect it to be launched in India very soon.
This is great news. I hope it launches around the festive season or earlier. Also, along with BigWing dealership initiative, I wish Honda is more welcoming in offering test drives. This wasn't the case earlier.

I visited Triumph, Pune yesterday and became a fan of the hospitality. If Honda doesn't launches CBR in this quarter, I am going to seriously consider Street Triple R.
abhi_tjet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 06:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

Pune finally gets a Big Wing showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
HMSI launches Honda Big Wing - Honda's premium bike dealerships-image.png  

rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 21:11   #73
Senior - BHPian

Honda BigWing opened its third showroom in Chennai today.

HMSI launches Honda Big Wing - Honda's premium bike dealerships-smartselect_20210719210643_twitter.jpg

Quote:
Address : Honda Bigwing Topline Chennai Central
372, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai – 600015, Tamil Nadu
Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks