Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2021, 00:53   #31
BHPian

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my V-Strom 650XT

Day 23: 20.Feb.2021 – Bijapur to Hubbali

Woke up lazily as we had planned to reach the Gol Gumbaz by 10am only.

History of Gol Gumbaz
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-01.jpg

Gol Gumbaz
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-02.jpg

Gol Gumbaz
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-03.jpg

Canon
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-04.jpg

Fine stone carvings
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-05.jpg

View of Mosque from Gol Gumbaz
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-06.jpg

Gol Gumbaz
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-07.jpg

Tomb inside Gol Gumbaz
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-08.jpg

Tomb inside Gol Gumbaz
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-09.jpg

Tomb inside Gol Gumbaz
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-10.jpg

Gol Gumbaz
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-12.jpg

Fine Carvings
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-13.jpg

View from Gol Gumbaz
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-14.jpg

After about 2 hours inside the Gol Gumbaz we were out by 1:00PM or so. The architecture and and construction is fantastic but the visitors are horrible. People were screaming to see/feel how the echo chambers work, so could not enjoy the whispering gallery.

We reached back to the hotel by 2:30PM

Hotel Lemon Tree
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-15.jpg

After lunch I decided to move to Hubbali to meet a friend of mine. The distance is about 199 kilometers and could cover it under 3 hour and was at home by 6:00pm.

Destination: Hubbali
Route: Vijapura -> Hubbali
Distance: 199 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance: 6717 Kilometers
Fuel Consumed: NA
Cost of Fuel: NA
Start Time: 15:30am
End Time: 06:00PM
Total Hours on Road: 2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel: Friends Home
Longitude: 75.099596
Latitude: 15.349168
Elevation: 650 Meters
Rating: Not applicable

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:40.
kozhissery is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 01:43   #32
BHPian

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my V-Strom 650XT

Day 24: 21.Feb.2021 – Hubbali to Trivandrum

Final day of my trip. Woke up after a good sleep and homely dinner. Started from my friend’s house by 8:00am. Rode in rain (light drizzle) for about 1 hour or so after that rain gods gave me some reprise and reached Chittradurga by 12:00 pm where my buddies were waiting for me. We had decided to ride non-stop as I had to join office on 22. We crossed Hosur by 6:00pm, Madurai by 11PM. Then the progress became very slow, was getting too tired and had to stop couple of times for coffee.

Last stop somewhere after Madurai for fuel and coffee
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-01.jpg

And by the time I reached Trivandrum it was almost 3:00AM

By 10am went to the friendly washing station to clean the bike.

Muck Off!!!
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-a01.jpg

Bubble bath?
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-a02.jpg

How do I look?
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-a03.jpg

Odometer reading after the trip
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-02.jpg

Destination: Home (Trivandrum)
Route: Hubbali - Chittradurga - Bangalore - Madurai - Nagarcoil - Trivandrum
Distance: 1234 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance: 7951 Kilometers
Fuel Consumed: 51.15
Cost of Fuel: 4911.23
Start Time: 08:00AM
End Time: 03:00AM (Next day)
Total Hours on Road: 19 hours
Hotel: NA
Longitude:
Latitude:
Elevation:
Rating: Priceless

Lesson learnt.
1. Do not trust GPS Maps for short cuts
2. Man proposes God disposes (Planned a holiday for Uttarakhand but reached Rajasthan)
3. Always have alternate destination

Trip Summary
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-03.jpg

Last edited by kozhissery : 25th July 2021 at 15:18.
kozhissery is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 23:45   #33
Team-BHP Support

Re: Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand A Travelogue on my V-Strom 650XT

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!

What an epic travelogue! Hope to catch up with beaky one of these days once the weekend lockdowns are over.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 09:35   #34
BHPian

Re: Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

Wow! What a travelogue!! The kind of passion one needs to make such a trip . Amazing and detailed write up with lots of great photos .
Cheers !
vipinS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 10:23   #35
BHPian

Re: Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

Hats off to the person who planned this trip. It's sheer bravado to travel almost 8000 kms that too in a two wheeler. Great and crisp pictures.
Rajjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 11:57   #36
BHPian

Amazing feat there kozhissery! Highly detailed log, I have bookmarked it as I plan to visit the Longewala post if things go smooth by Nov/Dec.

Loved your narrative on the VStorm's capabilities. Quick question, how did the Duke 390 fared? I would love to hear your friend's experience on the same as I own the same 390 and would be using it for this long trip.
EshanS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 13:51   #37

Looks like you guys had lot of fun.
This post brought back my memories of ride from Blr to Surat.
Thanks for posting.
srikanthgr1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 21:07   #38
BHPian

What an absolutely glorious travelogue! Spent the good part of an hour going through and ogling over the pictures. Had visited Rishikesh and Mussoorie in march this year. The pictures of The Beatles cafe had me reminiscing. Hope to meet up with the BHPians in Trivandrum once the COVID situation is in control.
Maverick_4662 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 22:11   #39
BHPian

Thank you for the pictures and meticulous details! Brings back memories of my trip to Jaisalmer 10 years ago. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
silentstorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 22:57   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hope to catch up with beaky one of these days once the weekend lockdowns are over.
Would love to meet. Where are you in Trivandrum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EshanS View Post
Quick question, how did the Duke 390 fared? I would love to hear your friend's experience on the same as I own the same 390 and would be using it for this long trip.
D390 fared very well. Compared to our previous trip (Beaky flies north – Spiti on a Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT) he had less luggage (last time he had DSLR kit with multiple lens and Drone too, this year iPhone only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_4662 View Post
The pictures of The Beatles cafe had me reminiscing. Hope to meet up with the BHPians in Trivandrum once the COVID situation is in control.
Beatles aashram is really a wonderful place, wish they managed it in a better way.
Would love to have a meet here in Trivandrum.
Old 27th July 2021, 07:27   #41
BHPian

Lovely pics, lovely travelogue and very happy to see you guys cover some of the best places in Northern and Western India.

I drove to Jim Corbett park on my own this June, and its good you did not head that way. The roads are awful.

Regarding your observation with crowding and lack of social distancing, welcome to the madness that I see on a daily basis. In spite of the horror stories we saw coming out this April - May, it seems no one has learned their lessons. As usual, people don't wear masks, are completely apathetic to Covid and seem to treat everything with the usual chalta hain attitude.

Also, we really seem to not care for our national monuments. This whole spitting, urinating and keeping things dirty - we seem to be the world champions in this sport. Jaisalmer fort, the entrance stinks of urine. Its absolutely disgusting.

Wish you more riding, and keep us updated on your next travelogue.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 12:48   #42
BHPian

Marvelous marvelous one. Whenever I read a travelogue here and look through the innumerable photographs, I feel jealous to the core. And dear kozhissery sir and mates, to you, my jealousy doubles because I am also from Kazhakkottam and us poor souls are sitting at home, looking at a laptop, trying to make sense of what it is all about. And you, sir, is out there doing pan Indian trips as and when you wish. Sorry for going over the top with my words but honestly that is how I feel after reading your story. But I sincerely urge you to keep rocking like this .
ask_017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 17:30   #43
BHPian

Wow ! What a beautiful travelogue ! Got to admit I am a bit jealous you managed such a huge trip. If I tell my better half that I am going for a solo 30 day bike trip I probably would be a lot of trouble :P
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 14:18   #44
BHPian

Re: Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my V-Strom 650XT

That is one awesome trip! Thanks a ton for such a detailed trip, the pictures are wonderful. Over the course of the travelogue, I could make out the pictures tagged to each of the photographers and was an added incentive too. It would be great to catch up with you in Trivandrum one of these days, probably a Team-Bhp meet up?
theroadrunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 09:58   #45
BHPian

Re: Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my V-Strom 650XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
Lovely pics, lovely travelogue and very happy to see you guys cover some of the best places in Northern and Western India.
Thanks

Quote:
I drove to Jim Corbett park on my own this June, and its good you did not head that way. The roads are awful.
I still wish I had been there as I had been to Rajasthan more than a decade ago, but never to Uttarakhand

Quote:
Regarding your observation with crowding and lack of social distancing
We never learn

Quote:
Also, we really seem to not care for our national monuments.
Very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask_017 View Post
I am also from Kazhakkottam
Thanks, I think there more than handful of TBHPians in and around Kazhakuttom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
If I tell my better half that I am going for a solo 30 day bike trip I probably would be a lot of trouble :P
Go with your better-half in bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroadrunner View Post
It would be great to catch up with you in Trivandrum one of these days, probably a Team-Bhp meet up?
Thanks, we can have a meet in Trivandrum. There is a WhatsApp group, which is dormant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks