Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2022, 03:08   #76
BHPian

Re: Review: My Triumph Street Twin Gold Line Edition

All, after a lot of deliberations, have booked the Cordovan Red silver ice Bonneville T120 and the delivery is expected to be in another 10 days. Excited and will keep posted

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd December 2022 at 22:09. Reason: Typo
BrainyLad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 20:24   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainyLad View Post
All, after a lot of deliberations, have booked the Cordovan Red silver ice Bomnneville T120 and the delivery is expected to be in another 10 days. Excited and will keep posted
Congratulations 🎉 and looking forward to your journey
GreaseMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 17:12   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainyLad View Post
All, after a lot of deliberations, have booked the Cordovan Red silver ice Bonneville T120 and the delivery is expected to be in another 10 days. Excited and will keep posted
Congrats on your new ride! Have you booked the vehicle from Khivraj Triumph in Chennai? If so, is your registration charges beefed up by around 30k? I initially approached them for booking my Street Twin. They quoted nearly 35k extra included in registration charges. When I enquired about it, they said it was to be as "bribe" to RTO officials. When I insisted on doing registration myself, they flatly refused. I then went with Triumph showroom in Kochi where i did temporary registration and permanent registration in my RTO. I have never faced this where i am asked to pay for nearly 50% of my registration charges as bribe. Nearly put me off from buying Triumph and going with RE interceptor 650. Surreal experience that!
Kvk4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 20:42   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvk4life View Post
Congrats on your new ride! Have you booked the vehicle from Khivraj Triumph in Chennai? If so, is your registration charges beefed up by around 30k? I initially approached them for booking my Street Twin. They quoted nearly 35k extra included in registration charges. When I enquired about it, they said it was to be as "bribe" to RTO officials. When I insisted on doing registration myself, they flatly refused. I then went with Triumph showroom in Kochi where i did temporary registration and permanent registration in my RTO. I have never faced this where i am asked to pay for nearly 50% of my registration charges as bribe. Nearly put me off from buying Triumph and going with RE interceptor 650. Surreal experience that!
Seems extremely shady on their part. Getting creative with the random unexplained extra charges & packaging it as ''bribe" now.
Old 5th January 2023, 09:03   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi802 View Post
Seems extremely shady on their part. Getting creative with the random unexplained extra charges & packaging it as ''bribe" now.
The funny part was that the sales executive confidently said "This is happening in all the showrooms for imported bikes. Kindly ask around BMW and Ducati showrooms in Chennai!" I was neither interested in buying from Ducati or BMW nor did they have any vehicles i was interested in buying. I promptly bought from Triumph Kochi and escalated the issue to Triumph India. One Mr.Deepak Chordia called me and flatly told me that "This has been a problem in TN and if they refuse the bribe they will have difficulty registering the next vehicles." I am amazed by those who casually claim that bribe is now a part of our social structure and are not even bothered to say the same to a client who is pointing out the descrepancies.
This has been going around in my head for the past 1 year ever since I faced this Fiasco. Why was the bribe asked? Or was it even a bribe or were the sales executive trying to pull a fast one over me? If it is indeed a bribe what could be the reason behind it? Are they registering the vehicles at showroom without RTO officials inspecting the vehicles? Is it a fees the importer has to pay and is being passed on to the consumer? TN unlike Kerala has 8% registration charges for imported as well as Indian made bikes. Why none of the mainstream bike showrooms ask for it? Enquired in Honda Bigwing about it and they said there is no extra charges for CBR650R which was only 25k more than Street Twin at the time. Even after being 25k more in ex showroom price, the overall price was 5-10k lower than Street Twin. Anyways hope no one else faces this issue going forward. Happy riding.
Kvk4life is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 16:15   #81
BHPian

Hi Bonnie owners. Has anyone here faced the infamous Immobiler faulting issue on their bikes? If so then what was the workaround? Did you end up changing the lockset or is there a more cost-effective way to handle it?

I have a 2017 Street Twin and my bike doesn't start on turning the ignition on. I took it to Triumph service center in Delhi and they said my bike's immobiliser is not reading either of the keys. The reason is that the antenna wire connecting the ignition switch and immobiliser is defunct. Now I read up online and it seems like a known issue worldwide and not just limited to Street Twin but other Triumph bikes that have tightly wound cables. What a disappointment it is.

Changing the lockset, as suggested by Triumph mechanics is both very expensive and time-consuming so reaching out to other Triumph owners for suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks