Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 19:46   #31
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

This link will help you to post pics here.
Old 18th July 2007, 20:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Why so?

. In most cases fancy names hide some really bad financials. Ducati is still struggling - its a one-model company, in that it survives on one big model and not a range of great bikes.

I knew that was the case with Cagiva and Bimota , sad to learn that Ducati was another sinking ship.

Bravo Bajaj !
1.A real competetion to CBZzzzzzzz
2.Standard good looking alloys
3.Dts-i
4.Digital Speedo meter & LED tail lamps
5.Fuel injection technology brought to affordable(relative) bikes

and now they will have access to Ducati's technology. A very commendable move by Bajaj.

Am just waiting for TCS to take over Ferrari .
Old 18th July 2007, 20:31   #33
BHPian

If this is true its better than any Chinese manufacturer buying DUCATI.
I Was SOO depresseda and sad when Benelli got bought out by some chinese manufacturer. Definitely benelli was revived but WHAT?? are the other profitable business tycoons sleeping? Doesn't one of them even have ANY passion for motorcycles. I hate it when passionately made motorcycles /motorcycle companies started by passionate people go into loss and get bought out by chinese manufacturers :( or shut-shop. Like Voxan the cafe-racer / naked bike maker from france shut shop couple years earlier. The guy who founded it was some Pharmaceutical giant or some' like that.

There's also a story with the test rider for Voxan. That test rider like the motorcycle so much that he actually rode it out of the test track on to the public road at 3 digit speeds and had got caught by the cops only to have his license taken away....
SIGHHHHHHHHHH
I hope Ducati's passion stays ...and doesnt become a DUjaj or BaCATI (character wise i mean ).
Old 18th July 2007, 20:35   #34

Actually Ducati's financials have been improving over the past several years and they are far more than a one model company. They are best known for their superbikes but the Monster bike is the best selling. Their new superbike, the 1098 was completely sold out in the U.S. by preorder before one even made through customs.
Old 18th July 2007, 20:36   #35
BHPian

[quote=RACER X;504079] I'd post some pics, but I'm not sure how to. Is there an option to include them as an attachment?
quote]
Post some pics of your motorcycle dude would love to see those.
Old 18th July 2007, 20:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Way to go Bajaj
It will be great if Bajaj goes ahead with this acquisition.
I don't mean i want to see some Bajaj Ducati DTSi's being sold. But its good to see Bajaj going global and this will earn Bajaj great respect worldwide. It may also bring Ducati brand officially to india, which will be great to see.
Hamara Bajaj!
Old 18th July 2007, 20:49   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Long story short, the 1098 is incredible. I had a 999s prior to this and the difference in the engine is quite impressive and significant. It has instantaneous and immediate power at any RPM. It does about 90 MPH in first gear. The handling is very similar to my 999 but the turn in is lightning fast. The 999 was a little more lazy at turn in but thet are both incredibly stable midcorner. I'd post some pics, but I'm not sure how to. Is there an option to include them as an attachment?
Please upload them to ImageShack® - Hosting and post the thumbnail link provided here. Thats all. Not even registration required.
Old 18th July 2007, 20:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Ducati is too big for bajaj to grab. Triumph will be more like it, if it's true.
Talking abt finances here, the annual revnue for ducati is around 300-400 million euro's which is less than Bajaj by a long shot. Secondly ducati made a 'measly' 10 million euro's in profit this (not too sure abt the year) year... again way less than Bajaj. The takeover may or may not happen, its a different story altogether, but it certainly isnt far fetched or unlikely.
Old 18th July 2007, 22:10   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Can any of you give me any insight as to why this most likely will or will not be true? Help me explain to them why Bajaj buying Ducati is not necessarily bad.
Don't bother
Their opinions are not going to stop Bajaj from buying Ducati (if they are interested) or Ducati from merging with Bajaj (again, if they are interested). In the moden world, passion takes a second place to monies. If Ducati don't have enough money, no amount of passion can churn out great bikes.
Old 18th July 2007, 22:32   #40
JPL
BHPian

I do hope that Bajaj takes over Ducati , may be the bikes sold in india by Bajaj get better in terms of overall quality but I am really curious to know what happens to Ducati brand if at all Bajaj takes over.

Though a definite good news for us if this happens. The first time I saw the pulsar in OD I knew the design was a lift of ducati even the article mentioned it and now about to own it !!

Talk about irony in todays world !!
Old 18th July 2007, 23:56   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
Talk about irony in todays world !!

Am sure, on reading that issue OD- no one would have expected Bajaj to become a big name in 2 wheels, and pulsar to become a family of bikes.
Old 19th July 2007, 00:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They feel that Bajaj will devalue the company by mass producing the motorcycles and eliminating their exclusivity. I can't understand what basis they have to say this about Bajaj but I don't really know very much about them as a company. Can any of you give me any insight as to why this most likely will or will not be true? Help me explain to them why Bajaj buying Ducati is not necessarily bad.

Bajaj won't destroy Ducati's exclusivity just like Fiat didn't destroy exclusivity of Ferrari's. Both Bajaj and Fiat are associated with mass produced vehicles. The same way, BMW didn't eliminate the exclusivity of Rolls Royce. Ford didn't do the same to Aston Martin.

Usually when a mass manufacturer acquires a marquee which is associated with exclusivity, they don't destroy that. Most of the times they buy these companies for prestige or for showcasing the product and in some cases, technology. Most of these so called exclusive brands are not profitable anyways.
Old 19th July 2007, 00:13   #43
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Am sure, on reading that issue OD- no one would have expected Bajaj to become a big name in 2 wheels, and pulsar to become a family of bikes.
not me atleast!! Who likes the new Flying B logo? but one thing that I would like to mention is that the orginal pulsar design was the best ever of all the pulsars, the round headlight and the ducati monster naked bike look was just awesome ( indicators included and the twin pod console with the vertical needles)
Old 19th July 2007, 01:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

I am still not convinced that bajaj could get ducati just like that.
Old 19th July 2007, 01:51   #45
BHPian

Oh btw, did you guys know that Bajaj is now split between the two brothers Rajiv and sanjiv? Rajiv is the guy behind Pulsar and overal Bajaj's Auto's revival. He is more passionate about automobiles than the brother and he rightfully got Bajaj Auto. So Ducati or not, Bajaj is definitely going down the right path and we will see many more Indian firsts from its stable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks