Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2008, 15:35   #136
Senior - BHPian

aarey nahi yaar Marvel a.k.a. MV Augusta will need one more extra fellow to push on hill's...

If i come i will be getting my bro's Cruiser bike "Rarely Popatson" a.k.a A180
Old 5th October 2008, 09:27   #137
Team-BHP Support

So finally i did make it for the ride this morning. Suresh, Rajesh and i rode to Dutta snacks and back. I will post details later in the evening.

manson.
Old 5th October 2008, 12:01   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
So finally i did make it for the ride this morning. Suresh, Rajesh and i rode to Dutta snacks and back. I will post details later in the evening.

manson.

What abot.. Ramie, Anku, Gautam etc...??
Old 5th October 2008, 12:55   #139
Senior - BHPian

kalti.com group did not make it as,S6 bike was not feeling well and Baleno Power,Pdev also became the execitive's of kalti.com
Old 5th October 2008, 15:38   #140
Senior - BHPian

My bike conked off last night. Had to tow it with an R1. It was fun to be towed that fast .
Old 5th October 2008, 23:40   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

manson.
Just spoke to sanket and he said apart of reaching back home late the ride was great. Seems the entire thane gang was present and some 30 odd bikers had a blast togethere. Sounds awesome.

@ Manson. Bro please give some more (complete) details.
Old 6th October 2008, 14:10   #142
BHPian

i just rode down to pune today, hence decided to skip the ride.Managed to catch up to an R15 and requested the rider to come thru the uran route.Full blast found it impossible to overtake him.finally slipstreamed and went past him.Bloody fast bike the R15 is.was good fun.They've even fixed the kamats potholed stretch now.
Old 6th October 2008, 18:41   #143
BHPian

waiting for the pics guys!
Old 6th October 2008, 22:59   #144
Team-BHP Support

The Ace was at Tony's, and i was mostly not going to ride. Sanket called and insisted i'd come, and almost everyone i knew was supposedly going to ride on sunday.
I checked with Rajesh if i could ride the karizma, he obliged. I was thrilled, really. Since a few weeks i had been literally craving to ride a single pot over a considerable distance, even vaguely considered buying one. This was a splendid chance, because i know if i have the Ace back home, i doubt i am going to ride a single pot with as much excitement.

Then came work commitments, saturday's delayed schedule meant i'd be working this sunday, so i could again mostly not ride. A couple of messages between rajesh and me, and we decided to turn back from Panvel, and the would Suresh (the blue zx14 guy) so that i could make it in time for work.

Slight delay, and i reached Rajesh's place by 6 odd, Rajesh was kind enough to roll out both, the funduro and the karizma by the time i reached his place.
A couple of adjustments, and getting used to, and within 10 minutes odd, i was quite home on the karizma. It ran quite well, and i was a little excited thinking i was going to lean out over the curves.

A slight halt below the andheri flyover till Suresh reached us, and we were off. Halted yet again at Sion to group with the other guys. There were some 15 odd other bikes waiting there, and a few yet ahead. 10-15 mins, and we were off, to halt yet again at the chembur gas station for fuel, and air pressures.
Another 10 minutes, and we took off again, i was riding the karizma quite fast by now, redlining through each gear, mostly the fourth actually.
We then aproached the Palm Beach stretch, to see some more bikes yet waiting, here none of the three of us stopped, i'm sure Rajesh & Suresh were quite sick of the halts by now. We rode on through Palm Beach, onto the JNPT route, down the Panvel bypass and halted at Dutta Snack, Panvel.

A good stop, fresh vada pao, and early morning tea, small talk and we were on our way back. We left from Dutta at sharp 8 am, and i was at Rajesh's place, at Andheri by 8.55 am. I did not ride hard, just enough to keepup with the other two who were quite relaxed through the ride, just shows how much time is saved by avoiding useless halts.

No pictures from the morning ride, but there was nothing too unsusual or fresh either besides Mukesh's newly acquired ZX-12R, which he's repainted to white from the red it was. Most bangalore regulars would know that bike.
But while we sipped on hot chai, the group went past, and at one point there was a mini group of 5-6 who took off after the slow right hander, it was awesome to hear the tits being revved outta so many inline fours at the same time!!

Ohh and the karizma, everyone knows how well it rides, how comfortable it is and how refined the engine is. I absolutely loved the riding experience on the karizma, tried taking curves from what i have read off late on a couple of threads on other forums, and it was good, and the corners & curves seemed so much easier. Now, i'm just not sure if it they were just easier because i was riding a smaller and slower bikes.

I topped the bike once at 128 kmph, 8000 rpm firfth gear. most other occasions, it would do 125 kmph at 7900 rpm in the fifth.

Looking forward to picking up the Yamaha sometime tommorow, or maybe day after. Tony called in the evening, and said the bike was almost done.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 6th October 2008 at 23:12.
Old 6th October 2008, 23:40   #145
Senior - BHPian

Ah. So enjoyed riding the ZMA, eh manny? Feels like a cycle compared to the biggies, doesn't it....actually, it can be quite disorienting to ride a small bike after getting used to piloting a litre class...
Old 9th October 2008, 14:32   #146
BHPian

riding a cycle (ZMA) especially in the corners can be a definate advantage sometimes as we do have a lot of people with a lot of amazing machines (litre bikes) but not even being ridden to half of what they are actually capable of. so when the litre bikes are braking hard even before the corner is close, that is when the Cycles are accelerating their way in to a corner with the knee almost hugging the tarmac.

(its just the frustation of not being able to pay 140% plus a bomb for registartion and octroi over the price of the bike speaking from inside of me)
Old 10th October 2008, 12:33   #147
BHPian

Did a ride to the MUTHA ghats yesterday.Was the most awesome ride of my life.Have never learnt so much even from ambey valley.A whole 6 km of insane switchbacks and the smoothest of blacktops.
Old 10th October 2008, 13:03   #148
BHPian

so guys, any1 in for a ride tomorrow morning or sunday morning??? I'm game so post up.
Cheers
Old 10th October 2008, 13:31   #149
BANNED

tomoro is saturday we riding to night and even i m in on sunday
Old 10th October 2008, 13:33   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku View Post
tomoro is saturday we riding to night and even i m in on sunday
Where are you riding tonight,I'll probably get my bike also

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com