Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2008, 20:16   #76

Hello freinds this is ashish ...

@ manson : corrections the bike is Fz6 and not Fz1... and dude really enjoyed the ride today ... looking forward for next meet .
Old 29th September 2008, 00:22   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hahahaha..Saw the pics. NIce you guys found exactly that spot to stop ehh. DO NOT STOP ON EXPRESSWAY. LOL. Looks like an awesome ride. Suprise suprise to see doctorque also on the ride.

Chintan how was the 954..??? Give us your reviews on it. You on a 954... Now that is insane. I can only imagine how the ride must have been.

Corner King did you scrape those foot pegs or not..???
Old 29th September 2008, 00:24   #78
Team-BHP Support

Good to know you enjoyed your maiden ride, most i know would complain of aching wrists & back after their maiden 'biggie' ride.

manson.
Old 29th September 2008, 00:47   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Good to know you enjoyed your maiden ride, most i know would complain of aching wrists & back after their maiden 'biggie' ride.

manson.
Its a naked so it wouldn't have been as bad a sportsbike.
Old 29th September 2008, 01:06   #80
BHPian

well for me it was a ride with insane bursts of speed. Hit 225, saw the gauge & slowed down fast conering, few scary ones too, micron humming sound in my ears, really low lean angles, losing a 2 faring bolts (thats ok), RD not running fine (not Ok), riding through the mist was just awesome.

All in all, very nice 1st proper ride after rains.
Old 29th September 2008, 12:53   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Chintan how was the 954..??? Give us your reviews on it. You on a 954... Now that is insane. I can only imagine how the ride must have been.

I was looking forward to riding with him, and was not let down one bit.
First i thought he would take a while to adjust to the 954 motor, but i was quite wrong with that. He is quick, without looking like he's trying to prove a point to anyone.
No extra lean, minimum body movement, but his lines are so swift and comfortable that you do not have to look all so serious, i tried taking his lines while he was riding slow and thats when i realised how comfortably he was taking the curves.

This is exactly what riding a 400 does to you before jumping onto the liter bandwagon, not only do you fire through the straights but even tame the curves. How i miss not having a 400 prior to my Yamaha!!

manson.
Old 29th September 2008, 13:17   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post

Yes mr.lalan..how can i ride to lonavla without scraping the pegs?.Was a very good ride after quite some time. Was totally merciless with the zma with rpm hovering post 7k throughout most of the ride.Some very fast corners,1 close call and watching chintan and the R1 guy going nuts made my day.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:28   #83
BHPian

Guys the ride for me was awesome to say the least.Learn't so many things(Read: Respecting Speed).
The sound of those exhaust,especially when we used to be inside the tunnel,are still humming in my ears.The roads were insane at some stretches.watching all the big bikes riding in a single line is really a sight to behold.looking forward to more of these.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:31   #84
BHPian

Oy diesel headrock! hows your zma doing? you got the sputtering fixed?
Old 29th September 2008, 14:35   #85
BHPian

It started working absolutely fine after that stop we made for taking pictures.Dunno what was wrong.she doing great now.
Old 29th September 2008, 16:35   #86
BHPian

Hey guys,

I am not a good writer but after having such an awesome ride (on the 954, a huge thanks to Anku) I wish to give you'll a little report of the ride.

I left from Malad at 6 am (was already late as we had to meet at BKC by 6)
Was rushing to BKC @ 120-130 kmph with a grin on my face and there came a wake up call when I came across a rough patch of road on the Kalina flyover which forced the 954’z steering to wobble & went into oscillation for 3 to 4 seconds which scared the **** out of me. As soon as the bike was stable first thing that came to my mind after thanking God was that how necessary riding gears are.

Half of the gang was already waiting there
Suresh (ZX 14)
Hezvin (R1)
Aashish (the two day old FZ6n)
Doctorque (Pulsar 180)
Diesel headrock (Karizma)
Baleno Power (Karizma)
Sanket (CBR 600RR)
Rpanicker (f650)

My heart beats came back to normal only after getting down from the bike and sharing the oscillation experience with balenopower & Doctorque, soon Insaneroller arrived on his black beast (with the best sounding microns I have ever heard so far) along with straight6 on the rocking RD. soon came Manson paaji who by the way was feeling very sleepy coz he had just got a 3 hour sleep at night but as promised to all the biker buddies he was there with us.

We started from BKC at around 6.30 or may be 6.40 am to head to the next regrouping point at Palm Beach rd. where Bikefreak was to join us. I was the first one to reach there (not that I wanted to) but I am normally crazy when on 2 wheels (could not avoid this time as I was on the 954) to my surprise all the other bikers were riding very responsibly in city traffic & were waiting to unleash their beasts once out of the city. Bikefreak too seemed tired after waiting for half an hour especially after having the hangover from last night. I guess no mater how badly one requires to sleep but a true biker would still prefer to get his dose of adrenaline instead.

After re-grouping there we soon left for Kamats (lonavala). As advised by Manson to ride close to them I was riding at the back of the gang with Doctorque & Balenopower, soon I realized that I had to stretch the blade’s legs so I started speeding ahead. I kept looking for other bikers of the gang but could not find anyone, I took the Panvel road, and as soon as I passed the city I started ripping the 954.It handled like a dream. Except the rear rebound being a little hard everything else was perfect. I kept going & looking for others but could not see any one of them, & I soon started believing that these guys must have stormed away to lonavala. I reached Kamats to find no one & soon called straight6 to know where they were, The RD was giving some troubles & hence had to be parked at some pump on the way, He then came gliding along with Rajesh on his F650 ( I guess its times like these when one needs to ride close- now I get it Manson paaji) soon Hezvin arrived along with Suresh & were a little annoyed to see me there already coz they were waiting for me at Dutta snacks ( I don’t know why, especially when it was decided to head straight to kamats) later I came to know that they had taken the JNPT by pass route to avoid the panvel traffic hence I dint see them on my way. Soon everyone else came, meanwhile Hezvin & suresh had to leave coz of some work, we took a quick bite, cleaned our respective Lids (visor), starred at other members rides (don’t know about others but I did it) & started our way back home.

Stopped for some pics, on the Expressway where we shouldn’t have at least not below that board, quickly left from there to have a nice smooth/fast ride.

It was awesome to hear insane’s zx-14 whenever he used to pass us, the 600rr was very quite & smooth (I loved it), at one point me & Manson opened the throttle almost at the same time, we were shifting & high revving through gears with a loud roar from our free flows , I was actually half a bike length behind Manson trying to listen to sweet sound of the inline fours & then was when insane rolled (as if a missile was fired) from behind & zoomed ahead from the gap between me & Manson with a THICK bass from his micron cans , I had goose bumps at that moment.

Followed Manson on the JNPT by pass road where we were lost for a bit (as Manson thundered away & we lost sight of him) then we came to know that we were just a km or 2 away from Palm Beach rd junction. From there I took the mankhurd-powai-jogeshwari road along with Sanket (600RR) we had some fun on our way. Had called straight6 to know that they were at insanerollers place along with the unwell RD.

All in all it was a safe & fun ride.

@Manson… Thank you for our praise paaji.

@Danlalan.. I think you need to come with me on that machine to really know how it feels ( It will be very hard for you to hang on but if you do you will have a ride of your lifetime). It was awesome.

@ Abhi.. I wanted to have fun with Hezvin but he had to reach home early. May be next time I will get to see him go nuts.

@farfromnormal.. Dude yours was the sweetest looking bike of the lot. Wish you happiness with the fz6.

I wish we could video tape our rides someday.

Sorry for blabbering so much..

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.

Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th September 2008 at 16:41. Reason: Font tags
Old 29th September 2008, 17:09   #87
BHPian

chintan, dude & u say u r not much of a writter guess that sums it up. Looking forward for the next one.

I remember that burst of speed with u & manson. At that speed while jamming the brakes & to get fk all pot holes (which i did get ahead), next to a truck was a bit scary. Its tough to control her when the roads arent up to the mark & i'm going all out. All worth it though.

R1 dude, is.... well a dude. Really knows how to move that bike. If u r listening, then I wana know how u controlled the height of that wheelie u pulled

Oh btw, congrats to the FZ6 dude. Thats a really nice lookin & killa bike. Cheers

Last edited by insaneroller : 29th September 2008 at 17:16.
Old 29th September 2008, 17:27   #88
BHPian

Hey Jaggu bhai,
Thanks for your efforts, I really dont know how that color/font thing happened, anyways I will be carefull.
Old 29th September 2008, 18:07   #89
BHPian

whoa.Thats a nice comprehensive review chintan.summed up the ride pretty well.
Old 29th September 2008, 18:15   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintan15 View Post
at one point me & Manson opened the throttle almost at the same time, we were shifting & high revving through gears with a loud roar from our free flows , I was actually half a bike length behind Manson trying to listen to sweet sound of the inline fours & then was when insane rolled (as if a missile was fired) from behind & zoomed ahead from the gap between me & Manson with a THICK bass from his micron cans , I had goose bumps at that moment.
The two of you had me all confused. I remember taking off with you, and then like you said you dropped back a bike length or two, just then i heard something charge and i backed off just a little, i thought it was you, just then insane roller whizzed past. For a fraction of a second i got comfortable, only to look into my rvm seeing you charge while simultaneouly i was dropping the revvs on my bike. I was glad when you instantly slowed down at my hand gesture.
I am not particularly comfortable with charging behind someone, or someone charging while i'm ahead, especially at close distance. If someone from the group has whacked open the throttle, give it some gap, don't follow almost immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintan15 View Post
Followed Manson on the JNPT by pass road where we were lost for a bit (as Manson thundered away & we lost sight of him)
No baba, when i saw you guys turn right, it seemed you'll were turning around to come back to the Uran road, so i slowed down to 60-80 kmph right till the end of the bypass, infact even Palm Beach i took quite peacefully, i was really tired, with an aching neck, wanted to get home asap, and the heat was on the rise.
Apologies for not waiting up to regroup and bidding goodbye.
Look forward to the next one.

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks