Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 12:42   #31
BHPian

@gt_mustang, congrats mate. Thats a killa machine to own. So many technological advancements have been added to that bike. Yeah nice to see that there are quite a bit of kwackers. I suggest you follow the manual always. Heating issue will always remain, try to get ENGINE ICE. It will not drastically reduce the heat but surely better it.

Lets have some pics of the beast & again I would suggest putting slip-ons or... for your growling needs. Dont modify stuff before the suggested kms have been crossed by a decent mark.
Old 4th November 2008, 13:13   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
1- ive heard from a couple of people that run-in is not required . i am not ripping it hard but still im not driving it acording to the manual which says under 5000 rpm for first 1000kms. what should i do drive as i am or follow the manual.
The bike belongs to you, not the people. Any damage done by not running in the bike will show only in the later stages, and YOU will face the brunt directly, not the people. The manual comes with the bike for a reason, go with it. I have seen people pay quite a buck for an original copy of the manual, please stick with it, nobody besides the company knows better.

Quote:
2- is it allright to remove baffles for a better growl than buying a new slip-on what changes need to be made
A slipon would look better, and sound more refined. For the first couple of thousand kms atleast, do not bother changing anything.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 4th November 2008 at 13:16.
Old 4th November 2008, 18:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

^+1 to what manson said.

if you think that runin is not required then when you change the oil for the first time pour it through a seeve.something like a net or something.you'll see small metal particles in the oil.
that shows that the bike needs runin.
Who told you that bikes don't need run-in.the guys who made it say it needs to be run-in.so who'll you trust more?
Old 4th November 2008, 19:26   #34
BHPian

well ive not been following run in then ive not been excatly ripping but defiitly not sticking to themanual. ive driven almost 600kms so far. now i wonder is it worth sticking to the manual for the remainder or just drive like i have been.

insaneroller what do u sggest for ENGINE ICE err i didnt quite get u on that. please explain thanks.

will not play with the baffles then ill stick to the stock for a while and then buy slipons .

btw guys what slip ons do u suggest. i really love the jardine growl and would love something like that.
Old 4th November 2008, 20:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

I'd suggest stick to the manual for the rest of the period.

Engine Ice is this

Engine Ice - Welcome

Go in for whatever slip on you like.they're all the same.won't make any difference than the sound.so pick your choice.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 4th November 2008 at 20:46.
Old 4th November 2008, 20:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well ive not been following run in then ive not been excatly ripping but defiitly not sticking to themanual. ive driven almost 600kms so far. now i wonder is it worth sticking to the manual for the remainder or just drive like i have been.

insaneroller what do u sggest for ENGINE ICE err i didnt quite get u on that. please explain thanks.

will not play with the baffles then ill stick to the stock for a while and then buy slipons .

btw guys what slip ons do u suggest. i really love the jardine growl and would love something like that.
I have already suggested some exhaust brands to you and sent you websites you can buy them from on Xbhp but, you've been taking stupid advise from people there and thinking of messing around with the stock pipe. Its just like the people who buy SBK's worth lakhs but will not want to spend thousands on a helmet.
Old 4th November 2008, 21:46   #37
BHPian

hmmm im trying to get more views and opinions from people i found more guys who have kawackers . i really didnt click with the idea of operating on a stock pipe

asking for suggestions is one thing and following another. its how anyone is gonna learn. im not gonna do the next thing anyone tells me.
Old 4th November 2008, 23:22   #38
BHPian

dude just post some snaps. All exhaust systems dont sound similar at all. From Termignoni to Race Fit (not sure if they make for 10R) to Muzzy to Tsukigi to Mircons. I dont recommend Jardine, personally dont like it. All have a very different tone. Tsukigi has insane growl for Kawas. At least for the14R. Take your pick.
Old 5th November 2008, 06:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Racefit does make an exhaust for the '08 10R. They are as expensive as a full system from an American brand though. Since you want just that growl, I suggest you buy only American brands as they are much cheaper than European brands.

Any aftermarket system will sound better than stock. Just depends on what sort of a tone you want.
Old 5th November 2008, 23:01   #40
BANNED

mrs straight here you went wrong i have seen 08 10r with racefit exhautes
Attached Thumbnails
The Ultimate Superbike Thread-df.jpg  

Old 6th November 2008, 06:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku View Post
mrs straight here you went wrong i have seen 08 10r with racefit exhautes
Miss anku please read my post properly .
Old 7th November 2008, 14:12   #42
BHPian

so thats it. No one else got a SBK??? Post up guys...
Old 7th November 2008, 16:07   #43
BHPian

i will be posting pics i took from my morn ride but all the pics are huge sizes 2 mb upwards how do i attach pics since u cant attach more than 100 kb size. should i resize them but that takes the fun out of the pics or give a link???

someone give a solution. i have a photobucket account im uploading the pics now should i just give a link

Note from Mod : The size limit is 1MB per pic.
Please take a look in this thread as it tells you the best way to resize pics as well as other details : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th November 2008 at 17:31. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 7th November 2008, 17:41   #44
BHPian

here are the pics of my ninja 08

Note from Mod : Please see the ANNOUCEMENTS section for the instructions on how to upload pictures to Team-BHP correctly as per the rules.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ultimate Superbike Thread-picture_026_11.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th November 2008 at 12:20. Reason: Please see note in post.
gt_mustang is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th November 2008, 18:03   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Engine Ice is this
Engine Ice - Welcome
Any Idea from where we can buy it in India/Pune and the approx price?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks