Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2008, 10:37   #61
BHPian

@straight6

o thanx for the clarification. but is it true wha they say about shorter pipes.
Old 9th November 2008, 12:39   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
@straight6

o thanx for the clarification. but is it true wha they say about shorter pipes.
They use short pipes in MotoGp. What more can I say?
Old 9th November 2008, 12:43   #63
BHPian

hmm good point
was comparing various pipes on youtube and i found akropovic and 2bros amazing
next on my fav list is the m4 and racefit . now im going to follow up the sites mentioned here earlier and try to get a good deal on akro or 2bro
Old 9th November 2008, 17:31   #64
BHPian

have u heard the sound of tsukigi? They have a loud & awesome tone. They work dam closely with kawa for racing. They have killer tone for the 14R too & nearly ordered it but decided to keep the microns as they also sound killer
Old 9th November 2008, 17:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hmm good point
was comparing various pipes on Youtube and i found akropovic and 2bros amazing
next on my fav list is the m4 and racefit . now im going to follow up the sites mentioned here earlier and try to get a good deal on akro or 2bro
You won't get Tsukigi's and Akrapovic in your budget of $500.
Old 9th November 2008, 18:07   #66
BHPian

i guess ur right straight6 i found the akro for 560$ at the least maybe i can go get it but tryng to avod shipping soomehow

im also searching locally in the region maybe ill find something. an uncle of mine went to austria i think i should contact him aslo

2bros is cheaper and has a similar in fct almost identical sound to akro but why is it cheaper i think i saw it for 100$ cheaper.

will check out tsukigi also thanx guys
i need another help . my bike will be due for first service what grade oil in fact which brand should i use would be very helpful thanx a lot guys
Old 9th November 2008, 18:36   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i guess ur right straight6 i found the akro for 560$ at the least maybe i can go get it but tryng to avod shipping soomehow

im also searching locally in the region maybe ill find something. an uncle of mine went to austria i think i should contact him aslo

2bros is cheaper and has a similar in fct almost identical sound to akro but why is it cheaper i think i saw it for 100$ cheaper.

will check out tsukigi also thanx guys
i need another help . my bike will be due for first service what grade oil in fact which brand should i use would be very helpful thanx a lot guys
Two Brothers is American and Akrapovic is European (Yugoslavian). Anything from EU is expensive. By the way, Two brothers is louder than Akrapovic. They are no where near same. The videos don't do justice, you have to hear them in person.

With the oil, just stick to the grade that is recommended and any of the well know brands are fine. Don't use synthetic yet.
Old 9th November 2008, 19:38   #68
BHPian

@straight6

i heard a clearer video of the 2brothers it was amazing. ill still try for akro but if i cannot fit it in my budget then 2brothers is comfirmed. so here i close my deal on the silencers.

any reason for not using synthetic now. can u suggest any perticular brands to be used or model names thanx a lot
Old 9th November 2008, 19:44   #69
Senior - BHPian

You should start using synthetic after the bikes engine is completely broken in. Synthetic oil doesn't allow the break in to happen like it should because of its super smooth quality.

Don't forget that you will also be paying duty on the exhaust when it lands in KSA. So the Akrapovic is out of the question.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:07   #70
BHPian

most of the times duty is not taken. u have duy on items but its mostly on something noticeable else the blokes here are too lazy to look in the package and charge any customs. its mostly on large packages.

will use some regular oil now. btw when excatly is my run-in getting over 1000 (first service ) or 1500 kms. man ive not been folowing the book at all. mostly inbetween the book and u all

Last edited by gt_mustang : 10th November 2008 at 11:08.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:55   #71
BHPian

You are under the wrong impression mate. For items as small as a headlight bulb also they charge. I got myself plenty of products over the net. All come & get stuck at the customs here until you get in touch with them, pay & get it released.

You really need to go through your manual mate. Its again a very wrong notion that these engines dont need to be broken into. I dont think Kawa or any other maker will play a Joke & write it in the manual for the heck of it. 500 to 600kms requires your oil changes (purely talking from my exp., might be wrong).
Old 10th November 2008, 14:49   #72
BHPian

well after my initial reading here on the forums ive stopped dirving like i used to and become more conservative in using the throttle. anyways im almost done with 1000kms

my friend i am not in india but in the gulf and things run a little different here. customs will be issued depending on mood of the officer hahaha and time of day etc etc so i hope i wont be charged.
Old 10th November 2008, 14:56   #73
BHPian

Quote:
well after my initial reading here on the forums ive stopped dirving like i used to and become more conservative in using the throttle. anyways im almost done with 1000kms

my friend i am not in india but in the gulf and things run a little different here. customs will be issued depending on mood of the officer hahaha and time of day etc etc so i hope i wont be charged.
Well dude, I wasnt aware you were in gulf as your location suggests hydrabad. No idea about customs there. All the best
Old 10th November 2008, 19:43   #74
BHPian

yes i guess i should change that i am in the gulf and ive found a 2 bro slip on in dubai
this is the cheapest and best solution for me. in fact its this or yoshimura

yoshimura dosent have the grunt anymore. im getting the 2 bros hopefully byt the end of nov.
Old 11th November 2008, 03:55   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes i guess i should change that i am in the gulf and ive found a 2 bro slip on in dubai
this is the cheapest and best solution for me. in fact its this or yoshimura

yoshimura dosent have the grunt anymore. im getting the 2 bros hopefully byt the end of nov.
There is a Two Brothers dealer in Dubai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks