Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 02:00   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
what bikes are those ?
I rode a Suzuki GN125. There were 3 of those bikes. I am not sure about the cruiser bikes as I have little interest in them
Old 17th August 2010, 04:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Blackpearl, that's a beautiful machine you got there.

I see you are in NJ, lets meet up sometime
Old 17th August 2010, 10:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Completed the Basic Rider Training course today, passed the evaluation test and got my waiver from CJRT (Central Jersey Rider Training). Tomorrow I will get the license. It was amazing experience and learnt a lot of things. Here are a few pictures from the range -
Congrats on your rider license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
what bikes are those ? congrats on the ninja . and thats a hot evaluator
Hot evaluators are meant for hot bikes (and bikers)
Old 17th August 2010, 10:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

I met Mrs BlackPearl at a common gathering and she said, "Sumitro Bike Kineche (Sumitro bought a bike)!! Toder Dekhiyeche? (Did he show the pics to you all?) - Seems she is excited about it. She wasn't there when you got it?
Old 17th August 2010, 11:03   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats Blackpearl, that's a beautiful machine you got there.

I see you are in NJ, lets meet up sometime
Thanks Technocrat. We can surely meet up. Lets meet the week after this as I need to get a bit accustomed to riding on the streets. By the way, do you have any idea on how to use EZ-Pass on the bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Congrats on your rider license.
Alas, I did not get it today as all MVCs are closed on Mondays Will get it tomorrow first thing in the morning..

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
I met Mrs BlackPearl at a common gathering and she said, "Sumitro Bike Kineche (Sumitro bought a bike)!! Toder Dekhiyeche? (Did he show the pics to you all?) - Seems she is excited about it. She wasn't there when you got it?
No she went back 2 weeks ago and I got the bike last Wednesday.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:19   #36
BHPian

Green with envy!!!

A fantastic Bike BlackPearl! The color's awesome and I am sure you would enjoy your first approach to bigger bike riding. Just one doubt though, did you get your licence after you bought the bike? And what other options did you look into before finally settling in for the Ninja? (This would help us wannabe bikers some day pal!)

And those riding gears are very inviting too!

Cheers
Champion
Old 17th August 2010, 15:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is not a pre-owned vehicle. This is a 2009 model which I got from the showroom.
Gotcha. My Bad.

I like the justification you have given in buying a twin rather than a inline 4.

Ride Safe and I'm sure you are having a bast with it.
Old 17th August 2010, 19:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Sorry no idea about using EZ pass on a bike.
Old 18th August 2010, 00:11   #39

You can call your local EZ pass and ask for a motorcycle transponder...

The transponder for motorcycles is a bit different than the cars..Its usually a rectangular block shaped , that you have to screw in to your license plate in the back..

Since you are in NJ

Welcome To E-ZPass

You get something similar to this
Attached Thumbnails
Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-transponder_on_plate.jpg  

Old 18th August 2010, 22:51   #40
BHPian

Congrats on your new possession. This is really a very beautiful machine. Wish this was available in India at the decent price (decent means lower hehehehe)

Happy mile munching
Old 19th August 2010, 20:44   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
A fantastic Bike BlackPearl! The color's awesome and I am sure you would enjoy your first approach to bigger bike riding. Just one doubt though, did you get your licence after you bought the bike? And what other options did you look into before finally settling in for the Ninja? (This would help us wannabe bikers some day pal!)

And those riding gears are very inviting too!

Cheers
Champion
Thanks Champion. Got my license day before yesterday and clocked about 150 Miles. Really enjoying the feel. Yes, I got my license after I got the bike. I did not have any other option as this was the only new 650cc bike that I was getting in my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
I like the justification you have given in buying a twin rather than a inline 4.

Ride Safe and I'm sure you are having a bast with it.
Thanks Ironwolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherme View Post
You can call your local EZ pass and ask for a motorcycle transponder...

The transponder for motorcycles is a bit different than the cars..Its usually a rectangular block shaped , that you have to screw in to your license plate in the back..

Since you are in NJ

Welcome To E-ZPass

You get something similar to this
Thanks a lit theotherme for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Congrats on your new possession. This is really a very beautiful machine. Wish this was available in India at the decent price (decent means lower hehehehe)

Happy mile munching
Thanks kailashnj.

The first evening while riding on the highway, I was quite tensed. After riding more than a 100 miles, things are slowly easing up now and have started to enjoy a lot. The bike is really easy to ride and is quite fast.
Old 20th August 2010, 09:00   #42

Quote:
Yes, I got my license after I got the bike.
The same with me...I got my license two months after I had the bike ..couldnt commit a weekend for the MSF course..

It was a painful two months looking @ the beauty

As you went green, I went red....an Italian Red ...

[b] Moderators Note: Please avoid typing dotty posts ...like....this.... Thanks [b]
Old 2nd September 2010, 00:43   #43
Team-BHP Support

Completed 500 miles on the bike this week. I am still not comfortable with the 6th gear. I keep on forgetting about this gear and would love to have an indicator like that in the training bikes .
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Sumitro,

Comeon - you will get used to it in no time - at least you are better than my dad (he keeps forgetting about the 5th gear in the Getz) .

Do post some more pics if possible. take care and ride safe. Do you still own the accord?
Old 7th September 2010, 10:06   #45
Team-BHP Support

1000 Miles...

Completed 1000 Miles this weekend. Got the first servicing done on Saturday at 698 Miles and clocked about 430 Miles during the long weekend. The bike has freed up a lot after the service and is tremendous fun to ride. Saw 100 mph on the speedo last nights on an empty stretch on the turnpike. Here are a few pics, though crappy as taken by phone camera...
Attached Thumbnails
Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-img_0114.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-img_0117.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-img_0119.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-img_0120.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-img_0121.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-img_0122.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-img_0126.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-img_0131.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-img_0110.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks