Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 07:25   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )

Crossed 10000 mile mark this week, exactly 10 months after getting the bike. It seems like it was just yesterday that I got the bike from the showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc08719.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc08728.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_8605.jpg  

BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 09:02   #77
BHPian

Congrats ! enjoy your ride !
It's nice to see the open roads and clear streets .
In India the poor 650 will have to fight a lot of battles to survive the madness
on the streets .
slalom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 16:49   #78
BHPian

Nice to see you are enjoying your goblin so much. I must say one thing you give lot of inspiration to people back in India to go for the Ninja 650R and hope to see some more pictures from your end.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 10:36   #79
Team-BHP Support

Last weekend did a 600 Mile round trip on my 650R. Went to Lake Placid in New York. If there is one word to describe my feeling for this bike after the trip, it has to be RESPECT... After more than 11000 miles on the bike, I cannot find a single drawback (ok, one thing - the seat could be a little softer ). From my perspective the bike gets 100/100 for practicality. Posting a few pics of the bike taken during the trip -
Attached Thumbnails
Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_8933.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_8725_1.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_8750_1.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_8752.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_8874.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_9144.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_8985.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_9039.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_9045.jpg  

Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX )-dsc_9138.jpg  

Last edited by BlackPearl : 30th June 2011 at 10:37.
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 12:14   #80
BANNED

So does the bald head aid the aerodynamics?

Beautiful pictures. Especially the last one. Had a look at one of these at the Probiking Showrooms. Looks brilliant in flesh.

No aftermarket stuff yet?
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 20:27   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
So does the bald head aid the aerodynamics?

Beautiful pictures. Especially the last one. Had a look at one of these at the Probiking Showrooms. Looks brilliant in flesh.

No aftermarket stuff yet?
Thanks Spitfire. No aftermarket stuff. I had considered going for lower handlebars and slip on exhausts, but have refrained myself. I ride more than 1000 miles a month, so the sporty handle bars will be a pain on long distance tours. Also I think the sound from the slip ons are too loud and will be uncomfortable over long periods, though I am not very sure about this. If it was a four cyclinder bike, I would have definitely gone for after market exhausts.
Forgot to mention that I got a mileage of about 51 miles per gallon during the trip that comes to around 24 km per litre, which IMO is very good considering the speeds that I was doing.
Old 30th June 2011, 20:51   #82
Senior - BHPian

S(ch)umitro - what is that gadget in the tank bag? GPS navigator? and is it connected to a power socket (12v)?

is there a rule in New Jersey for riding / driving with head lights?

take care and ride safe.
planet_rocker is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 21:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

Awesome clicks BP. The bike looks great with the awesome background. Makes me want to pack up and ride out right away.

Glad you're clocking a lot of miles and enjoying every minute on it.

I've seen the blue one in pics and it looks brilliant. What's your take on it, considering you've seen it in the flesh?
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 00:00   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
S(ch)umitro - what is that gadget in the tank bag? GPS navigator? and is it connected to a power socket (12v)?

take care and ride safe.
@Sumantra- yes that gadget is a GPS navigator and it is connected to a 12v power socket. The connection to that socket is home made as I did not have the time to buy one from the net.

The rule for headlights in NJ is that they have to be on when the wiper is on. But on these bikes, one headlight, ususally the right hand one (low beam) is always on. I switch on the high beam most of the times because most people do that and we were instructed to do the same in the riding school. Even with both lights on, many cars cannot see the motorcycles and switch lanes. I have faced this n number of times - it happens almost once a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Awesome clicks BP. The bike looks great with the awesome background. Makes me want to pack up and ride out right away.

Glad you're clocking a lot of miles and enjoying every minute on it.

I've seen the blue one in pics and it looks brilliant. What's your take on it, considering you've seen it in the flesh?
Thanks Aditya. I had thought of going for a supersport bike and had almost made up my mind. I took a test ride of a CBR 600 RR and realised that if I go for one, it will be a weekend fun machine. I cannot ride one for extended periods and taking a pillion is out of question. So I weighed the pros and cons and for me, I like to travel more than anything else. The supersport would be awesome fun, the sound, the handling, the looks.. everything except comfort and practicality. This one thing has made this 650R a gem of a bike and I am enjoying the rides . Even if I go for a supersport, I think I should keep this bike as a daily ride (hope wifey does not read this). By the way, today I rode a 1999 Honda 929RR and it was mind blowing. The owner is asking $4500.

I have not seen the blue 650R in flesh, but yes in pics the colour looks awesome. I have seen a 650N in that colour and it it looked very good.
Old 2nd July 2011, 12:33   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
S(ch)
P_r,

I could be wrong here on an exceptional bike - otherwise most of the SBKs these days there is no on/off switch for head light. The come on with the ignition and stay on during operation. You only have a high/low beam control.

HL on whilst riding is now the norm/rule world over and is being introduced in India as well shortly (Kerala passed the rule but not yet enforcing)

For Cars there are different rules in different places - like the example Black pearl has quoted

Best Regards and Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 2nd July 2011 at 12:35.
Old 19th August 2011, 00:17   #86
Team-BHP Support

One year flew past and I can quote "Time flies by when you are having fun" . Crossed 13000 miles and loving the bike more and more every day.
Old 19th August 2011, 02:35   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
One year flew past and I can quote "Time flies by when you are having fun" . Crossed 13000 miles and loving the bike more and more every day.
Great going. Making the best out of the summer, eh :-) Nice pics.

For the 12V power for your GPS, have you looked at a Powerlet socket? I have a Powerlet socket and a RAM mount. Works good.
Old 19th August 2011, 07:38   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
Great going. Making the best out of the summer, eh :-) Nice pics.

For the 12V power for your GPS, have you looked at a Powerlet socket? I have a Powerlet socket and a RAM mount. Works good.
Thanks Prasadee. No I have not heard about the Powerlet socket. What is it? Do you have a link where I can get one?
Old 19th August 2011, 09:56   #89
Senior - BHPian

Hello Bp,
First of all belated congratulations and woe on me for not following this thread :(. Been a complete year before i could pick this. Very well maintained bike, the helmet is awesome. Can you please let me know the model of it? Am a fan of HJC helmets. Also can you please post in some pictures of the power socket? Was this done by you or does this come with the bike where you have put up a socket to dress the bare ends?

Photographs are just too good, keep em coming
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 09:17   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Hello Bp,
First of all belated congratulations and woe on me for not following this thread :(. Been a complete year before i could pick this. Very well maintained bike, the helmet is awesome. Can you please let me know the model of it? Am a fan of HJC helmets. Also can you please post in some pictures of the power socket? Was this done by you or does this come with the bike where you have put up a socket to dress the bare ends?

Photographs are just too good, keep em coming

Thanks ku69rd. The helmet is FS10 and is very cool with an inbuilt sunglass. Only thing is that it is DOT rated but not Snell. I dont have the pics of the power socket, I will take one tomorrow and post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks