Team-BHP - Garware to sell Hyosung 650 - 700 cc motorcycles. EDIT : Launched! Details on Pg. 3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Garware to sell Hyosung 650 - 700 cc motorcycles. EDIT : Launched! Details on Pg. 3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/91232-garware-sell-hyosung-650-700-cc-motorcycles-edit-launched-details-pg-3-a-5.html)

As per reports chipping in, its heavy in corners. Though stable throughout.

niks_devil666: sorry to disagree with you again, but it does NOT have precise razor sharp handling, it has DECENT handling and can hold its own in a corner. Period.

It is nowhere NEAR as flickable as a true supersport. The pricing in my opinion is spot on. They are doing business not charity, and that is less than what I can say about the other Japs who havent bothered with assembly units to bring their price down, for eg.

I disagree with both of you but then thats my opinion after riding both the bikes.

Cheers !

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 2336476)
The bike is grossly over priced.

And what motorcycle is your point of comparison when you say it is over priced?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 2336520)
And what motorcycle is your point of comparison when you say it is over priced?

Ninja 250
it is a high quality , fully enjoyable bike. With great handling and good cornering stability. The Ninja's scream at 10k rpm above makes your day.

The 650 cc 70bhp is not worth it since half of it is not usable. IF you try to rev too much you will only curse yourself for the vibes it gives in return.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 2335856)
ACI has tested the 650-R.

Maybe a web-site or two may praise it like no other, but they are being sponsored & so its understandable. This is where Team-Bhp's review will come in handy.

funny that the reviews in other auto magazines is quite good. like someone said, take these reviewa with a pinch of salt and besides like you said about sponsord reviews, may be aci was not sponsored by hyosung, hence the very poor review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 2336670)
Ninja 250
it is a high quality , fully enjoyable bike. With great handling and good cornering stability. The Ninja's scream at 10k rpm above makes your day.

The 650 cc 70bhp is not worth it since half of it is not usable. IF you try to rev too much you will only curse yourself for the vibes it gives in return.

Niks, the Ninja 250 and GT 650 R are characteristically very different motorcycles. If you should know, the Ninja 250 is also considered a lot more fun option to be riding that its larger 600 cc cousin and is also expected to be launched here very shortly which is also considered mostly a tourer's choice of wheels than your next door racer boy.
Simply put, I would wait for Kawasaki to launch the Ninja 250's larger sibling before terming the GT 650 R over priced. My guess is that the Kawasaki would be 1.5-2L more expensive that the GT 650 R.

Besides, going by your example one could maybe propose the Ninja 250 is over priced for what it does over the R15, maybe? It would also seem slightly more fair considering they are atleast characteristically alike.

Hyosung has globally been a value player and hardly an enthusiast's first choice. There is good reason why many at some point thought Hyosung could pull off a Hyundai with regards to bikes. It is a good thing the Indian buyer is much more aware about performance motorcycles and prepared weigh Hyosung's goodies this time around, so lets just give them a second chance and a little time to get their act together.

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 2336670)
Ninja 250

Chalk and cheese Niks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan (Post 2336692)
funny that the reviews in other auto magazines is quite good. like someone said, take these reviewa with a pinch of salt and besides like you said about sponsord reviews, may be aci was not sponsored by hyosung, hence the very poor review.

Poor = Honest? May be. In general, I have found ACI's reviews to be fairly up to the mark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 2336762)
Hyosung has globally been a value player and hardly an enthusiast's first choice. There is good reason why many at some point thought Hyosung could pull off a Hyundai with regards to bikes. It is a good thing the Indian buyer is much more aware about performance motorcycles and prepared weigh Hyosung's goodies this time around, so lets just give them a second chance and a little time to get their act together.

manson.

Dear :)
I don't have the heart to part with 5 big ones & be a guinea pig (a/s/s is much more of a concern)

But then as they say, God bless the competition. May be Hyosung's entry will force other players to come out firing all cylinders. Amen :)

Guys , Wait till you ride one GT and a N250 then we will talk :D

About ST7 , I would prefer a Harley for that price :)

Niks - I've ridden both, what do you want to talk about? :)

btw, for the price of an ST7, you will get a Harley which is (pardon the generalisation, but there is a lot of truth to it) ridden by mostly women riders and novices (exceptions apply of course). No offense to the bike. (Perhaps a bit more for the Monster would make better sense)

If I were you I'd rather save up for the real supersports to hit the shores.

Sheel - agree with you there, ACI is usually the squint amongst the blind when it comes to such stuff, although, as I've said before, pinch of salt. I have a good reason behind why am saying it.

I wouldnt spend that kind of money on it either, it's not my kind, but that doesnt mean that others shouldnt, to each his own! I hope people are given those group test rides we read about above, and make informed purchases and not just dole out 5 lakhs for a "sports" bike with a fairing. I guess that maturity still has a few years before it hits our market, but it will, that's biking evolution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsOwn (Post 2337260)
Niks - I've ridden both, what do you want to talk about? :)

If I were you I'd rather save up for the real supersports to hit the shores.

So you think GT650 is more enjoyable than the 250 ? My point was I would rather spend 3L on a premium product than a average product which costs double.

Why would I save up for a supersports when I already got a liter class naked :D Oh and if I ever buy a super sports , its gonna be RSV4

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 2336762)

manson.

+1 to manson - spoken like a wise man! the bikes we are comparing the Hyosung have pedigree and a long long history of evolution. Plus the companies have deep enough pockets. We need to give newer manufacturers like Hyosung a fair enough chance. The market is broad enough to accommodate bikes at every end of the spectrum from hyosung at one end to Aprilla at the other. The point is amount of choice we as consumers have.
And as for those cribbing about service, the comet is an extremely reliable bike. I did manage without Kinetic support. Those who buy these niche bikes should be prepared to live without the HH kind of service support!
The comet has it share of niggles but i've never really spent anything more than the regular service cost! Even after 5 long years, it starts at a single push of a button. Its definitely not a sports bike! Its meant to be a street bike and thats what it is. Just cause the 250R has fairing doesnt mean its going to lean any better in the corners. Those who buy the 650R for its handling are just fooling themselves! There is no disappointment if you know what you are betting your money on.
I could have either been waiting for Bajaj to launch the Ninja for ever or put my money down on the Comet way back in '05. I preferred to get one and i spent 5yrs riding a 250 more than the others who were waiting for a Ninja. What it did was give me more time/experience to take on larger bikes when some of them become affordable. And it will come from the japs. Thanks to hyosung launching something so within my reach!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 2337073)

Dear :)
I don't have the heart to part with 5 big ones & be a guinea pig (a/s/s is much more of a concern)

But then as they say, God bless the competition. May be Hyosung's entry will force other players to come out firing all cylinders. Amen :)

Exactly my point Sheel. Give it time and guage the market. If nothing, Hyosung's aggressive pricing strategy will keep the larger Kawasaki in check.
But, clobbering Hyosung for leaving the Indian customer high and dry is a classic case of 'bullying the weak ad bowing to the powerful'! I have somehow never comes across anyone complain about how BMW left its Funduro clientele stranded. In contrast, there has only the regular appreciation for their recent re-entry into the Indian two wheeler market.
Infact in the Hyosung scenario, it was Kinetic who should be blamed as they were marketing Hyosung's products in India and should have taken enough care to provide spares and other after sales support, unlike BMW which ventured into India by itself, is a much larger company with definitely larger resources to have made things happen.

manson.

Niks -

a. An RSV4 is a Superbike, not a SuperSport.

b. Did I find the GT650R more enjoyable than the NInja 250R? That is like asking me if I enjoy riding my RD350 more than my R1 (which incidentally I do, but that is immaterial to this topic). Both bikes are good at what they do, and are from different segments, offering different kinds of enjoyment. Perhaps if they were both 600cc supersports with a 110 rwhp, I could have compared.

c. Why you would save up for a 600 when you have a litre class naked, I've got a few bikes myself (see garage..), am still saving up for a Classic 500. :) To each his own, just dont go comparing chalk with cheese (for eg. use the Ninja 650R as a comparo for this, and use the CBR250 as a comparo for the baby Ninja) because it is unfair to both bikes.

Manson : +1. On a totally different note, hows the Ceeber doing? ;)