Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2006, 15:29   #16
BHPian

How abt a Nissan Xtrail guys? Is that a petrol beast and is it in his price range.. I remember its something around the 20s.
Old 15th February 2006, 17:09   #17
BHPian

I may be late in informing that the terracan indeed has been kept on the back burner, by hyundai. they are promoting the tuscon and im sure before you know it there would be deals on the terracan like the sonata S20, 2.7 etc.A friend of mine who has the Terracan since almost a year is very happy with the car and has clocked almost 95k's on it, but the leather seats probably dont give that much of back comfort that it should offer and as Knight says does cause back pain on long drives.The tuscon is good but smaller and it would certainly be bettter to go for that than the Terracan IMO.
Old 15th February 2006, 17:35   #18
BHPian

X-trail base model is 22.46L in delhi i think it should be a godd buy
Old 15th February 2006, 17:49   #19
Team-BHP Support

Nope, its a very very bad buy. the reason, such "rare" cars are good for people who take out their beauties to parties, impress girls etc., For people who need functional cars, i.e. hard regular running and out of station travel, choose a model which has service centers within 50kms of your places of visit.
suppose he goes to Udaipur for work, and car breakes down, and the nearest service center is in delhi, what to do then.
So when choosing a heavy usage car, make sure
1. Spares are easily available. You may be able to afford expensive spares, but if spare has to be imported from thailand etc., your car is dud for a week
2. Service centers are in all major cities. Getting the car towed over large distances is cumbersome and there is danger of damage
3. The car is not a CBU. CBUs have the problem of mechanic shortage. Trained mechanics are few
Old 15th February 2006, 18:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

DO NOT buy the X-trail....the kind of running ur uncle has, teh X-Trail would not last one year. It is not designed to take on harsh surfaces on a regular basis.

Go in for an endeavour or consider a Dicor EX- IMHO, teh VX is a waste of money over the EX-over 1 L difference....
Old 15th February 2006, 19:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
or consider a Dicor EX- IMHO, teh VX is a waste of money over the EX-over 1 L difference....

Cali said.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
The DICOR was considered but its now ruled out, 'cause its just another SAFARI with a bigger heart .
His Budget is 17 Lakhs which can be stretched to 20 MAX.
Waiting for your valuable sugestions...
Thanks in advance.
That rules the Safari out.
Old 15th February 2006, 20:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well. The primary grouse with the Safari did seem to be the lack of power. The DICOR solves that to a decent extent - and on all other parameters discussed in this thread (rough-roading, spares, maintainability) probably matches or beats the competition. The ride quality is supposed to be great too - and the space sure is.
So why rule it out summarily ?
Old 15th February 2006, 20:27   #23
SRK
Senior - BHPian

I had read somewhere that Toyota will be launching its 4runner in India.I dont know when.But if you can wait ,it will be a better choice and i think its price will be somewhere near 20 lakhs.
Old 15th February 2006, 20:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I did hear that HM is planning an 'SUV' in the 18 lakh range. Would that be the Outlander then? And would it come with a diesel? I guess it could come with the 2.8 litre turbodiesel that the older generation Pajero was sold here - that engine was 'localised' by HM so it should help keep costs down.
It could be the Montreo Sport/Challenger/Navita.

The Outlander is more in the CRV/Tucson price range.
Old 15th February 2006, 20:55   #25
BHPian

I love my Tucson!!! I would suggest no other SUV than the Tucson if thats your budget....
Old 16th February 2006, 03:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueunlimited

I love my Tucson!!! I would suggest no other SUV than the Tucson if thats your budget....
Carsurvey.org found tucson to be less reliable than Honda CR-V and mitsubishi montero
Old 16th February 2006, 10:26   #27
BHPian

hi torqueunlimited vbmenu_register("postmenu_177633", true); what is the mileage on your tuscon
Old 16th February 2006, 16:15   #28
BHPian

still in a dilemma as to go in for what SUV??
Now I am thinking on this lines...which will match SAFARI closer in terms of ride comfort?? ENDEAVOUR or TUCSON??
Is it wise to go for the PAJERO 2.8?? and how are the comfort levels on the same?? To be frank I found the seating to be in a crouched position compared to the Safari.
Old 16th February 2006, 16:19   #29
Team-BHP Support

Endeaver and comfort get allong as well as Saddam and Bush. If you can afford it go for the tucson.
Old 16th February 2006, 16:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
To be frank I found the seating to be in a crouched position compared to the Safari.
After the Safari, MOST vehicles seem to be uncomfortable - Indian or Foreign. It smothers the driving surface - all one needs to do is control the body roll (unavoidable in SUVs) a bit and the handling would get in line too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks