Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2011, 20:20   #46
BANNED

Re: BMW X1 or Hyundai Santa Fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
if you want style and status statement....its BMW X1 for you.
IMO the X1 looks like and is known to a BMW built to a cost, it lacks style and status, however, since it is selling well, I believe I think different.

@ Aroy: I recently TDed the Pajero and it was not comfortable to the level I had expected it to be mainly due to the hard and narrow seats. The suspension however, is unbeatable for bad roads and the 4wd it has is still the best in the business.

Last edited by n.devdath : 2nd September 2011 at 20:21.
Old 28th September 2011, 13:04   #47
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

So what was decided?

My vote goes in the following order.

1) Freelander 2 - High on snob value and performance but higher in price as well.
2) Santa Fe - Snob value is a bit low. - New One due - There is a revised lower price. more VFM than the X1 if one goes just by the spec.
3) Yeti - VFM but almost car like in Size. Moderate Snob Value
4) X1 - All looks no go. - Looks the best. A BMW style statement. But even the 3 series is a lot more fun to drive.
5) Wait for new Captiva AT - Great VFM - nice feature wise, AT, not that high in snob value.
6) Wait for new fortuner AT or get the current one if features don't matter than much, the sound system anyways can be upgraded, with an aftermarket exact fit one with satnav, reverse cam etc.
Old 1st October 2011, 23:57   #48
BHPian

If you LOVE to drive and "Live to Drive", and consider nothing else, just between your two choices (not going beyond these 2), you should go for the X1, eyes closed. The HSF doesn't even come close to the handling and driving attitude of the infant Beemer, and thats what it all matters if you enjoy driving yourself, not chaueffered (spelling?). Moreover, the HSF has a lot (and I mean a lot) of road noise. I rented one for 5 days while driving in Alaska and hated the constant loud road noise inside the cabin with all windows closed.
Happy shopping.
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sinha View Post
If you LOVE to drive and "Live to Drive", and consider nothing else, just between your two choices (not going beyond these 2), you should go for the X1, eyes closed. The HSF doesn't even come close to the handling and driving attitude of the infant Beemer, and thats what it all matters if you enjoy driving yourself, not chaueffered (spelling?). Moreover, the HSF has a lot (and I mean a lot) of road noise. I rented one for 5 days while driving in Alaska and hated the constant loud road noise inside the cabin with all windows closed.
Happy shopping.
Yes for sheer driving pleasure the X1.

Regarding road noise. I think that it has to do with the tyres rather than the vehicle. The tyre noise varies with the tyre type and tread pattern. I have found that the Michelin tyres have less noise than say MRF or JK, so road noise should not be a major criteria, but comfort and performance yes.
Old 2nd October 2011, 13:24   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

I know a couple of guys in the same dilemma. They are waiting for the Pajero Sport (and have been for a while!)

An interior kit for the Fortuner may be a good aftermarket opportunity. Does anyone fit these?

I would highly recommend the X1 over the Santa Fe. Spending 30 lac on a Hyundai is rather unthinkable in my book.
Old 9th October 2011, 22:23   #51
BHPian

BMW X1 vs Hyundai Santa Fe, anyday BMW X1

Better to buy a low end car from a high end car maker, then a high end car from a low end car maker.

Try checking out for a used Hyundai Tuscon or Terracan, chances that you won't find one. Even if you do find one, you will probably not buy one.

Answers are obvious.

Cheers!
Old 10th October 2011, 10:10   #52
BHPian

If your only requirement is - it has to be diesel then get the X1. Simple.

If there is a need to ferry (5+2) and with 5 stars safety without worrying much about ownership issues - get the Santa Fe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks