Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2013, 17:11   #31
A M
BHPian

Re: New Nissan X-Trail or Pre-owned (low mileage) Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshdreams View Post
A slight issue which I didn't realize could be so bad, the sunroof (even with the mesh screen closed) is allowing far too much sunlight in and causing glare/heat build up,especially being down south, it can get really hot around noon.
I would suggest a real dark (the darkest available) sunfilm on the sunroof. It might help solve your problem.

Also the cops can't bother you for the sunfilm.
Old 13th June 2013, 01:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
I would suggest a real dark (the darkest available) sunfilm on the sunroof. It might help solve your problem.

Also the cops can't bother you for the sunfilm.

Apologize right at the outset for stealing your thread. But does it make sense to buy a high mileage (over 70,000 kms) 2 year old freelander for about 40% less than the price of a new one. Or is the mileage too high to even consider it.

What kind of maintenance issues would I run in to for a freelander with that kind of kms on it.

Generally what is considered to be "better" in the used world:

Newer higher mileage or Older lower mileage.

Appreciate your responses.
Old 26th June 2013, 12:38   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
But does it make sense to buy a high mileage (over 70,000 kms) 2 year old freelander for about 40% less than the price of a new one. Or is the mileage too high to even consider it.
While 70k kms is not exactly very high for the Freelander as a vehicle, it is very essential for such a vehicle to have a clean service history to ensure that all preventive maintenance and replacements have been carried out on time and at the authorised service center.

Further, a resonable mileage immaculately maintained vehicle is better than a low mileage shabbily kept and abused vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks