Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 12:06   #106
BHPian

Re: Is there a *true* 7-seater in the Indian MUV market? Xylo vs Innova vs Ertiga/Mobilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post

My budget is around Rs.6L tops. I have investment plans that discourage splurging on a car anymore than that. But I can bend my plans if required...

I will watch out for the next MUV from Mahindra meanwhile...thanks for your help!
Hi, I own a 2015 Xylo mHawk. I can assure you that its a great car for its price and segment. When I was looking for a family tourer it was all down to the Innova, then I took a test drive of the Xylo and read quick reviews of it on our forum, and I knew its the one I am looking for. It was better than innova in every department except brand value and resale. Maybe interiors are marginally better on innova too but nothing to talk about. It has served me well with no regrets for 2 years and 27k kilometers.
Now, for you I have following advice:

1. Look for a post 2014 make Xylo mHawk. Since the resale value is not good you can get one around 6-7L easily. Don't even think about the 'D' variants. The post 2014 make Xylo mHawk is based on a new platform, same as the new Scorpio. Ride is more planted and suspension setup is far better than the earlier version. It come with mHawk engine and shares a lot of parts with the new Scorpio thus you will not have to worry about the spares unlike the mEagle variant which was discontinued in 2013-14 and spares might be hard to find 3 years down the line. Mahindra Xylo still consistently is sold around 600 copies per month.

2. If I had to buy a car for the same requirements today I would go for the Tata Hexa, period.

3. The upcoming Xylo replacement muv and the TUV 300 Plus mighy get introductory prices of under 10L. Both of them would be true 7/8 seaters and would fulfill your requirement without breaking the bank.
Attached Thumbnails
Is there a *true* 7-seater in the Indian MUV market? Xylo vs Innova vs Ertiga/Mobilio-img_20160410_161240_1462360538045.jpg  

Last edited by wrongturn : 6th September 2017 at 12:26.
wrongturn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 01:31   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Is there a *true* 7-seater in the Indian MUV market? Xylo vs Innova vs Ertiga/Mobilio

Hello sir,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Hi, I own a 2015 Xylo mHawk.

Now, for you I have following advice:

1. Look for a post 2014 make Xylo mHawk. Since the resale value is not good you can get one around 6-7L easily. Don't even think about the 'D' variants. The post 2014 make Xylo mHawk is based on a new platform, same as the new Scorpio. Ride is more planted and suspension setup is far better than the earlier version. It come with mHawk engine and shares a lot of parts with the new Scorpio thus you will not have to worry about the spares unlike the mEagle variant which was discontinued in 2013-14 and spares might be hard to find 3 years down the line. Mahindra Xylo still consistently is sold around 600 copies per month.
Priceless inputs right there! What more can a man ask for? I didn't know that post-2014, the mHawk series are that much better. I can only find used post-2014 mHawk examples priced around 7-8 L on Olx and other used car listings though.

Quote:
2. If I had to buy a car for the same requirements today I would go for the Tata Hexa, period.
I just need to test drive it once i am back to our desh for good in Dec 2017.

Quote:
3. The upcoming Xylo replacement muv and the TUV 300 Plus mighy get introductory prices of under 10L. Both of them would be true 7/8 seaters and would fulfill your requirement without breaking the bank.
These will be interesting ones to watch out for!

Mod Note : Please do NOT reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 8th September 2017 at 08:12. Reason: See mod note
Old 28th February 2018, 18:26   #108
BANNED

Can i buy a Innova 2012 now and will i get sold after 3 years ?

Hi All

I am currently owning a Ertiga and want to replace it with Innova. The quote for a 2012 1L km run is close to 12 to 13L.

Now is it worth buying it after crysta launch?
Will it have good resale after 3 years , (8-9L)
Is there any rule going to be implemented ,restricting 2.5Litre engines

If i buy a 2012 for 11 will it fetch 8L after 2-3 years and 1.5L kms

Thank you in advance
Old 1st March 2018, 08:45   #109
Senior - BHPian

Re: Can i buy a Innova 2012 now and will i get sold after 3 years ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All

I am currently owning a Ertiga and want to replace it with Innova. The quote for a 2012 1L km run is close to 12 to 13L.
Any particular reason why you are not considering a brand new Hexa instead ? It will be far superior than a 1L KM done old Innova, will come with similar safety features as the Old Innova in the XE trim.
On road for XE in Pune before discounts is ~ 14.5L , you might be easily able to lop off a big chunk in discounts.
It will even get you a similar resale (worst case scenario) at the end of a few years, since your projected use is only 50k Kms.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 15:48   #110
BHPian

Re: Can i buy a Innova 2012 now and will i get sold after 3 years ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All

Now is it worth buying it after crysta launch?
Will it have good resale after 3 years , (8-9L)
Yes, @12L it is still worth the price, if the car is in good condition. That is because you should have a totally niggle free ownership of the Innova for at-least another 1 lakh KM. In the changing automotive scenario, I guess it would be difficult to predict the resale value after 3 years.

What's the rationale to consider re-sale after 3 years ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks