Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2017, 14:58   #46
BHPian

Re: MUV or SUV for 13 lakhs? A conflict between the head & heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
If your Maruti dealer has a Nexa outlet, I am sure they will help you out and do internal transfer of the booking amount without any cancellation charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Please do not let your dealership impose a fine or fee for cancellation of your booking. The booking amount is just a small advance token money used for buying the vehicle. If there is no sale, they do not have any right to deduct any advances thay you have paid. Back in 2015, I cancelled the booking for a Honda Jazz in favour of the S-Cross and the Honda people were adamant on charging a cancellation fee of ₹5000 from my booking amount of ₹50,000. I refused to take the ₹45,000 cheque and shot an email to Honda and within one hour got a call from the dealership for 100% refund cheque. I had cancelled this booking merely 50-60 hours before scheduled delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
There's no cancellation charges even for SCross, forget alone Maruti!! If they charge, then they're taking you for a ride as simple as that. Which outlet did you book? If you're from Bangalore, no need to think anything beyond Suraksha Motors. They do their best & beyond any Maruti in Bangalore.
I checked with my Maruti dealer Pratham Motors. There's a cancellation fee of Rs.1500/- applied if any booking is canceled. Since Pratham has a nexa outlet too, I've requested them to see if it is possible to transfer the booking to Nexa without any penalty charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
How many km did you drive? It will be good if you elaborate your experience about ease of driving, slow speed and high speed ride quality, turbo lag issues in the city etc.
The TD consisted total 6 KM driving on ORR (tarred road with heavy traffic ~1.5 KM), tarred residential lanes and a broken non-tarred stretch (~ 500 mts). I must mention that the ergonomics in the TD car suited me very well (I am anyway accustomed to Maruti ergonomics). Nothing flashy, but everything useful is located exactly where they should be. Coming from a petrol car, I felt a slight lag in picking up speed in city traffic. Maybe I need to change my driving style/gear shift rpms to suit a diesel engine. Slow speed ride quality is decent. Could not drive beyond 30 KMPH during TD, so can't comment on high-speed ride quality.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 15:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I checked with my Maruti dealer Pratham Motors. There's a cancellation fee of Rs.1500/- applied if any booking is canceled. Since Pratham has a nexa outlet too, I've requested them to see if it is possible to transfer the booking to Nexa without any penalty charges
What crap is this!! I'm 100% sure there's no cancellation fee & I strongly suspect Pratham is taking you for a ride. Because when I made booking here, I asked them upfront for cancellation charge + ensured the full amount refund will be made in a week's time.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 16:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with my Maruti dealer Pratham Motors. There's a cancellation fee of Rs.1500/- applied if any booking is canceled. Since Pratham has a nexa outlet too, I've requested them to see if it is possible to transfer the booking to Nexa without any penalty charges.
This is really disappointing from the dealer. For all the cars I have bought in India, full refund of the booking amount was promised by each and every dealer irrespective of the company. If necessary, you should escalate the matter to people higher up. Rs 1500 is not a lot of money that should worry you, but it is a matter of principle.

Quote:
The TD consisted total 6 KM driving on ORR (tarred road with heavy traffic ~1.5 KM), tarred residential lanes and a broken non-tarred stretch (~ 500 mts). I must mention that the ergonomics in the TD car suited me very well (I am anyway accustomed to Maruti ergonomics). Nothing flashy, but everything useful is located exactly where they should be. Coming from a petrol car, I felt a slight lag in picking up speed in city traffic. Maybe I need to change my driving style/gear shift rpms to suit a diesel engine. Slow speed ride quality is decent. Could not drive beyond 30 KMPH during TD, so can't comment on high-speed ride quality.
A test drive typically should be much longer - I am sure you know that. I have no idea why you decided to take such a short TD.
asitkde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 17:07   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I checked with my Maruti dealer Pratham Motors. There's a cancellation fee of Rs.1500/- applied if any booking is canceled. Since Pratham has a nexa outlet too
Did you try the other way around? Go to Nexa showroom, say you want to book an S Cross, but had booked Ertiga and want to transfer the booking. Since its a higher priced model they should get it done internally.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 10:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Did you try the other way around? Go to Nexa showroom, say you want to book an S Cross, but had booked Ertiga and want to transfer the booking. Since its a higher priced model they should get it done internally.
Thank you, I have contacted Pratham Nexa today. They said they'll look into it. My ertiga booking is neither canceled nor transferred to nexa by the dealer yet. Nobody from any outlet has any idea of expected timeframe.
Old 14th April 2017, 15:15   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, I have contacted Pratham Nexa today. They said they'll look into it. My ertiga booking is neither canceled nor transferred to nexa by the dealer yet. Nobody from any outlet has any idea of expected timeframe.
Inform Pratham Nexa that you are going with some other Nexa outlet since the booking is not getting seamlessly transferred, and you are no longer interested in doing business with Pratham. They themselves would trigger the transfer and ensure quicker resolution. They wouldn't want to lose a complete booking for 1500 Rs.

Next step would be to inform Maruti. Cancellation charges are not allowed and I am sure they will put these guys in line.

In any case, in Bangalore I feel Bimal and Pratham are the worst.Have had good experience with Mandovi and heard good things about Suraksha.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 13:18   #52
BHPian

Update : So this weekend I visited Nexa Museum Road and talked to the management. They agreed to transfer my booking amount from Ertiga to Scross without any penalties.
Since I want to book Scross 1.3 zeta, I have been offered 2 options:
  1. A caffeine brown one, Feb2017 Mfg, received in early March 2017, sitting in the open stockyard since then. Can be delivered as soon as my loan application is processed.
  2. A granite gray one that is 'in transit' (as per the RM) and is scheduled to reach Bangalore in another 10 days. It is April 2017 Mfg.
I am thinking of waiting for next 10 to 15 days and commuting to office with Ola/Uber (I already sold my ritz to True Value) so that I can get a fresh car. I am wary of taking a car that is sitting in the open exposed to natural elements for close to 2 months. On the other hand, what if the new car delivery takes more time? I have 2 days (by EoB Tuesday) to state my choice to the RM.

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 17th April 2017 at 13:20.
Old 17th April 2017, 13:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of waiting for next 10 to 15 days and commuting to office with Ola/Uber (I already sold my car to True Value) so that I can get a fresh car. I am wary of taking a car that is sitting in the open exposed to natural elements for close to 2 months. On the other hand, what if the new car delivery takes more time? I have 2 days (by EoB Tuesday) to state my choice to the RM.
Congratulations Ankan.

Good decision to wait and get a fresh product.
However, do follow the PDI checklist before taking delivery.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 13:53   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Update : So this weekend I visited Nexa Museum Road and talked to the management. They agreed to transfer my booking amount from Ertiga to Scross without any penalties.
Congratulations. Wish you the best in your new ownership.

Quote:
Since I want to book Scross 1.3 zeta, I have been offered 2 options:
  1. A caffeine brown one, Feb2017 Mfg, received in early March 2017, sitting in the open stockyard since then. Can be delivered as soon as my loan application is processed.
  2. A granite gray one that is 'in transit' (as per the RM) and is scheduled to reach Bangalore in another 10 days. It is April 2017 Mfg.
... I am wary of taking a car that is sitting in the open exposed to natural elements for close to 2 months. On the other hand, what if the new car delivery takes more time? I have 2 days (by EoB Tuesday) to state my choice to the RM.
Both colours are good, but I think the S-Cross looks fabulous in the Granite Gray.

However, as long as there are no new upgrades in the newer car, I do not really see much of a difference choosing between the two. Buying a car that is in the dealer's place for a month and a half is nothing abnormal. Of course, every car you decide to buy, you should do a very thorough pre-registration inspection. In fact, for the last few purchases, I do it before I make the down payment so that on all documents from thereon contain the VIN of the car I have chosen after my inspection. In case, you decide in favour of the car that is already in stock, just check the kms it has run. At the time of delivery (that means, after registration), the cars typically should have much less than 50 kms. My Honda City had 5 kms (the lowest for all my cars), and my recent Polo GT TSI had 34 kms. They usually have to take the car to the RTO. At times there is inspection done at the workshop which may be kms away from the dealership or the dealer's stockyard.

If the Granite Gray car is already shipped, the dealership should have the papers with the VIN. Hence you should be able to find out if the car is on the way or not. Usually inside India, it never takes much more than 10 days for the shipment from factory to dealership.
Old 25th April 2017, 00:14   #55
BHPian

Update 1: I am very happy to inform that my Scross 1.3 zeta has finally reached Bangalore. I visited the dealer stockyard today to take a look and do a pre-registration inspection. Here's a photo of the car. VIN number shows 'DH' at the end so I assume its from April.

MUV or SUV for 13 lakhs? A conflict between the head & heart-vulu_01_24apr2017.jpg

Update 2 : My ordeal with earlier Ertiga booking still continues. The booking amount transfer process from Ertiga to Scross (Nexa from the same dealer) is still not complete. I have no idea where its stuck. Been sending emails to both sales team repeatedly. Only after the booking amount is transferred, my car will be sent for registration. Till then, its gathering dust in the stockyard

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 25th April 2017 at 00:16.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 01:50   #56
BHPian

Congrats Ankan on the SCross. I am sure the beauty will be yours very soon. These nagging issues with dealerships are such a pain.

Waiting for your ownership thread on the SCross, to see how your requirements are fulfilled as you started with an MUV in mind. With the space SCross offers, I am sure, it will be boon. And if the dealers don't get your booking amount sorted, please cc the maruti customer care on your emails. Sometimes, a nudge is all you need for these guys to sort things out.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 10:03   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Update 1: I am very happy to inform that my Scross 1.3 zeta has finally reached Bangalore. I visited the dealer stockyard today to take a look and do a pre-registration inspection. Here's a photo of the car. VIN number shows 'DH' at the end so I assume its from April.

Attachment 1632695

Update 2 : My ordeal with earlier Ertiga booking still continues. The booking amount transfer process from Ertiga to Scross (Nexa from the same dealer) is still not complete. I have no idea where its stuck. Been sending emails to both sales team repeatedly. Only after the booking amount is transferred, my car will be sent for registration. Till then, its gathering dust in the stockyard
Congrats on the booking Ankan. That is a great color you have chosen!! Keep crunching up the miles and keep us all updated.
gr8guyme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 11:07   #58
BHPian

Congratulations!

However, remember, until it is registered at RTO in your name, it is not yours. Tell the dealership that unless the booking advance ordeal is not settled in 12/24 hours, you will move out of the deal. As somebody else suggested, they will not let you go for Rs.1500.

It is not a good idea to leave the car at the dealership unnecessarily. Did you check the mileage on the car at the time of your inspection? If the registration is delayed, in principle, you should do the inspection again before registration. Once the registration is done, it is nearly impossible to revert things. I am saying all this, because from what you have written, I have lost trust with your dealer. If they can delay registration of a 13 Lakh car for Rs 1500, then I do not know what to expect. I think, since the car has arrived, and it is so difficult for the prospective owner to hold the excitement for long, they are just indirectly putting the pressure back on you by delaying matters so that you cough up that Rs. 1500.
Old 25th April 2017, 11:14   #59
BHPian

Quote:
My ordeal with earlier Ertiga booking still continues. The booking amount transfer process from Ertiga to Scross (Nexa from the same dealer) is still not complete. I have no idea where its stuck. Been sending emails to both sales team repeatedly. Only after the booking amount is transferred, my car will be sent for registration. Till then, its gathering dust in the stockyard
Instead of sending mails to dealerships why don't you send one to Maruti directly?
Or does Maruti also simply redirect the mail to the dealers like Hyundai and Mahindra?
Kestrel5915 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 00:20   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
Did you check the mileage on the car at the time of your inspection?
No I was not able to check the odometer. The battery of the car was disconnected. I am going to check it during PDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel5915 View Post
Instead of sending mails to dealerships why don't you send one to Maruti directly?
Yes I have done just that.

Update : After an escalation mail to nexa customer care and maruti customer care yesterday, suddenly the dice started rolling in my favor. Don't know what transpired in the background, but my car was sent for registration today. I can pick it up from the dealership tomorrow second half after fitting the standard accessories from the default nexa kit. Yaaay!
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks