Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2007, 18:23   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Scropio has better high speed maneouverablility than Safari? Somehow, I doubt that, unless M&M have improved the 2007 version drastically. ( I have not driven the "new" scorpio so far)
M&M have a modified suspension for the ("all new"!!) 2006 Scorpio (with help of guys from Lotus), which gives it more stability. It scores higher than the Safari and old Scorpio in the Elk and zig-zag tests conducted by ACI sometime in August.
Old 8th January 2007, 18:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
M&M have a modified suspension for the ("all new"!!) 2006 Scorpio (with help of guys from Lotus), which gives it more stability. It scores higher than the Safari and old Scorpio in the Elk and zig-zag tests conducted by ACI sometime in August.
You dont elk or zig zag at high speeds so I dont really understand your conclusion which himanshu questioned, and besides I seriously doubt the results of that survey (personal opinion - no need to flame!). Drive the two and thou shalt know.

Last edited by Steeroid : 8th January 2007 at 18:26.
Old 8th January 2007, 18:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You dont elk or zig zag at high speeds so I dont really understand your conclusion which himanshu questioned, and besides I seriously doubt the results of that survey (personal opinion - no need to flame!). Drive the two and thou shalt know.
Perhaps not zig-zag, but definitely the elk matters. On Indian highways, how many times to we have to suddenly swerve to avoid a stray animal, a big rock, or meandering bullock-carts, or overtake a slow truck when another is zipping at a high speed in the opposite direction.

That said, I have driven the safari on the highway for some distance (scorpio only within the city), and it did give me a few scares on the way, before I realised this is no qualis
Old 9th January 2007, 17:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

can the dicor-ians please give me some feedback in the issues (minor / major) that they have faced with the DICOR
Old 9th January 2007, 18:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
can the dicor-ians please give me some feedback in the issues (minor / major) that they have faced with the DICOR
Man, you need to look around a bit, there's enough posted on the forum....check out the "New Car Test Drives" & the "Long term Ownership Reports" sections, you'll find a lot of feedback.
Old 9th January 2007, 19:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Somebody is going to mention Fiat Adventure any time now.
Nice one! You bring it in and say someone else will mention it !!
Old 9th January 2007, 20:21   #22
BHPian

Hi !!

From your list i would suggest Verna CRDI / Elantra CRDI if you are looking for diesel economy and if usage is high otherwise Aveo (available only in petrol).

Trust me its the best package on offer for app. 6 lacs.

Cheers !!
Old 10th January 2007, 10:14   #23
BHPian

well why not go in for a NHC vtec or optra1.6 or the innova all are excellent highway cars
Old 10th January 2007, 11:22   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

so, do I take it that the Ford is a definite pocket drainer, while the Tata may or may not be a pocket drainer?

Tata has advertised a comparison for the Safari LX vs the Scorp - about 80K diff in price for some more features. The Safari definitely looks even better than before.
Old 10th January 2007, 13:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

For a monthly average of 1000km (mostly highway) would you suggest a diesel dicor or a petrol fiesta
Old 10th January 2007, 14:14   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Logic, based on running costs, says Petrol Fiesta.

Compare the price of the two. See if you want to still go for the Safari - you will spend more initially, and you will not make up the difference, from the diff in fuel prices. But the pleasure factor makes the Safari a very tempting choice.

Last edited by condor : 10th January 2007 at 14:15.
Old 10th January 2007, 14:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Talk about handling at high speeds to body roll to braking!!!(the brake takes a very neat double distance than the innova and nearly 20 meter more than the safari for 100-0)
Can you provide a source for this information?
Old 10th January 2007, 15:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

you said it. the pleasure factor is pulling me hard towards the dicor. But my logic is pulling me back. Its a very bad situation to be in.!!!

Still dont know which side will win.
Old 10th January 2007, 15:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

W12, check it out at any comparitive sites. for eg carewale.com and if you look at it you will see that all reviews talk about the poor braking and handling (but without figures).
Old 10th January 2007, 15:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Is there nobody out there who can give me a GOOD AUTHENTIC reason why i should not buy the DICOR LX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(HEELLLLLLLPPPPP!!!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks