Toyota Fortuner 2.8L Sigma 4 A/T 26 16.99%
Skoda Kodiaq Style 2.0L TDi 4x4 DSG 18 11.76%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th June 2019, 16:33   #46
BHPian

Default Re: The definitive full-size 7-seater Premium SUV shootout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzlering View Post
Now its a tussle between head and heart. While the head says go for MUX. Buy a reliable one and Save money.The heart says nothing but Endeavour 3.2.
If it would have been between Fortuner and Endeavour I would have not replied as anyone of them will do justice with the money spent. If you talk about reliability factor then I don't see any issues with Ford either. There are members in our WA group who covered more than 1lakh kilometers without any issues. Just because Isuzu is a Japanese brand that doesn't mean you will get the same quality or to be specific the same service like Toyota.

I would not put my money on Isuzu as it doesn't have any bling factor or strong service network. If you really want to consider this segment I will advice you to stick to either Ford or Toyota. You can also check out Mahindra Alturas that might also save you some amount and Mahindra's service network might be better than Isuzu.

One last point since your family loved the sunroof while test drive why do you want to opt out and loose the panoramic view. I haven't heard of any issues with Sunroof so far and it is the most coveted feature for many in Endeavour.
roby_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 17:10   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzlering View Post
Wow. .

Now its a tussle between head and heart. While the head says go for MUX. Buy a reliable one and Save money.The heart says nothing but Endeavour 3.2.
The Endeavour is a great truck and despite it's asking price its good value for what you get. I understand the pull that the black Jap has on you and I wouldn't write it off either. It's a workhorse suv that's no nonsense and the most spacious among the lot.
+Space
+Ride I felt was super sorted
+clean ergonomic layout of controls
+Exclusivity (unintended advantage )
+Bulletproof engine plus mechanicals
+Offroads like an honest tractor

But it's dangerously close(err relatively) to the 3.2 in sticker price and offers very little kit for that and accords some stepmotherly treatment to the Indian variant

(Unless of course you are getting some fat cuts on the isuzu then you need to sit and ask yourself some hard questions because despite all rumours and /or truths about JV etc the fords value proposition is finally cementing sales and the company is maintaining demand supply balance finely so I doubt possibilities of serious discounts on the endeavour)

so though standing alone its not without it's merits, it pales against the Ford and Toyota on their respective strengths.

I assume looking at your lineup of considerations that the sophistication of the kodiaq doesn't appeal to your taste/requirement of heavy ladders. Else, I would have also urged you to look beyond the 150bhp engine excuse and seat the family in the VAG 7seater. That's a crisp car!

O.t: I have a gut feeling you'll be finally plonking bucks on that blue oval. ;P

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 12th June 2019 at 17:13.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2019, 11:30   #48
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: The definitive full-size 7-seater Premium SUV shootout

My SUV purchase plan has deferred by atleast 6 months. So Its not happening before December 2019. Disappointed, but on a positive note, I may have better options in December or January. Harrier 7 seater is coming, but doesnt impress me. If by that time MUX makes the necessary upgrades, I will go for MUX. Else Endeavour seems more VFM.
nozzlering is offline   Reply With Quote