Voters: 329. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2019, 23:32   #16
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: The definitive full-size 7-seater Premium SUV shootout

A nice detailed comparison from Australia-

Everest vs Fortuner vs MU-X vs Pajero Sport vs Rexton

The content may not be a 100% applicable to India, but a very good watch nonetheless.

The rankings-

1. Pajero

2. Everest

3. Rexton

4. MU-X

5. Fortuner

The Everest was alloted the second position as it was present here in the Ambiente trim to match the cost of the other cars.

Last edited by AYP : 22nd February 2019 at 23:36.
AYP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 15:40   #17
BHPian

UPDATE: Endeavour Facelift launched

The definitive full-size 7-seater Premium SUV shootout-img_0565.jpg

The Endeavour gets a wee bit longer and wider, with subtle cosmetic changes and a bunch of customer craving features added. Where it stands today, the endeavour is loaded to the gills and is an irresistible package. This is how the Fortuner and Endeavour stack up against each other feature wise.

The definitive full-size 7-seater Premium SUV shootout-screen-shot-20190225-12.40.39-pm.png

The updated warranty package puts the Endeavour at par with the segment norm for standard warranty, but extended warranty still leaves us wanting for more than just the 4th year thats on offer. This is how the February stackup of the segment looks.

The definitive full-size 7-seater Premium SUV shootout-screen-shot-20190225-3.46.33-pm.png

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 25th February 2019 at 15:47.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 19:58   #18
BHPian

What a wonderful comparison among the 7 seater premium SUV segment. Thanks for putting the immense efforts to collate such information about all cars. Strange I didn't noticed such a beautiful thread earlier. Good to hear you finally admire Endeavour 3.2 as the best pick from the lot. Being an owner I feel glad that I went with the Tbhp voice as most of the polls and opinions including members/moderators vouch for the Ford in this price range. With latest additions of features like keyless entry, driver side electric seat adjustment, push button start/stop, auto tailgate open, etc. it has become more feature rich.

I upgraded from Tata Safari Dicor to Endeavour and I share the same feelings that if Tata would have offered automatic transmission in Safari Storme I would have easily picked that without a second thought. My Dicor is still going strong with 155k on odo.

Fortuner was my dream vehicle before the Ford launched the new Endeavour or to be specific before I read the Tbhp review. As usual my family was not able to digest spending a huge amount on Ford vs Toyota. Fortuner was the most obvious choice for everyone till I explained them the positives of Endeavour based on the reviews and suggestions from Bhpians. The test drive of Fortuner was done purely for their satisfaction else I was quite sure that Ford Endy will be the next car in my garage after the test drive.
roby_dk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 00:50   #19
BHPian

Thanks robydk.
The endeavour has got a lot of good things going for it.

I wish they covered more ground with extended warranty at least. 4years is shy of the average.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 21:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Thanks robydk.
The endeavour has got a lot of good things going for it.

I wish they covered more ground with extended warranty at least. 4years is shy of the average.
Another understated grouse I have with the Endeavour is the limited colour choices with just the most basic shade of the said colour. The diffused silver comes as a blast from the past from the original endeavour and is a refresh change. But would still prefer off center shades of the available colours at least.

The definitive full-size 7-seater Premium SUV shootout-imageuploadedbyteambhp1551194238.944597.jpg
Old 27th February 2019, 01:01   #21
BHPian

It will be nice if Ford provide the Imperial blue shade which comes in BMW or the maybe the lapiz blue available in Polo TSI. The silver work on the front and rear skid will look superb on dark colours. The other colour for my liking is the phantom brown of Toyota Fortuner.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 14:25   #22
BHPian

The definitive full-size 7-seater Premium SUV shootout-best2019fordeverest4x4reviewpicture.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
It will be nice if Ford provide the Imperial blue shade which comes in BMW or the maybe the lapiz blue available in Polo TSI. The silver work on the front and rear skid will look superb on dark colours. The other colour for my liking is the phantom brown of Toyota Fortuner.
Something like this? The Endeavour is available in this shade overseas.

source:carsonreview.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	best2019fordeverest4x4reviewpicture.jpg
Views:	831
Size:	582.1 KB
ID:	1852962
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 16:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:

This is also fine but have a look at below blue shades look royal on big cars, specially the BMW imperial blue.
Attached Thumbnails
The definitive full-size 7-seater Premium SUV shootout-polo-lapiz.png  

The definitive full-size 7-seater Premium SUV shootout-bmw-x5.jpg  

roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 23:23   #24
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Another comparison video. This time from India. No, the soft-roaders are not included neither are petrols.

Guess who's the winner? The one and only- Ford Endeavour, followed by the Rexton/Alturas .
AYP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 13:54   #25
BHPian

The Tata Buzzard has been unveiled. With 7 seats and probably the Hyundai A/T Box, it will enter my shootout. If they don't provide the AWD option, it would be criminal. But that's how perhaps Tata wants to play it. Here's how the Buzzard stacks in terms of size against our d2 warriors and its own siblings. (Please click on image to enlarge)

The definitive full-size 7-seater Premium SUV shootout-screen-shot-20190306-1.51.13-pm.png
Old 6th March 2019, 21:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:

source:carsonreview.com
Totally agree. Ford should think of adding more color options on Endy. The relatively darker shade of brown that they had initially is my favorite and I really really wonder why they stopped that one!!

Similarly, i wonder why Skoda stopped the Red color on Kodiaq . Octy and even Superb Sportline look hot and sporty on red. Even the blue in vRS is quite good and should get into kodiaq
Old 8th March 2019, 09:02   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Aditya has added a poll to this thread . Let the voting begin!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 09:27   #28
AYP
Senior - BHPian

I am more of a sedan guy. I don't think that I will ever use the extra 'toughness' of the cars like the Endeavour and the Fortuner. The Kodiaq it is for me, followed by the Endeavour.
Old 8th March 2019, 15:07   #29
BANNED

No other SUV combines luxury, toughness, off road ability and an affordable cost of maintenance like the Ford Endeavour 3.2, in this segment, and a couple of them above, voted for it.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 15:20   #30
BHPian

Well the entire post is testimony to it. The Ford endeavour 3.2 is my pick of the lot.

I'm just wondering how will the 2.0 liter biturbo 2020 change the game for the Endeavour in India after BS6? Will they continue to run an upgraded and compliant 3.2 along with the complaint 2.0 and axe the 2.2? Or vice Versa? What would be the cost implications of the new breed of VI branded endeavours?
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks