Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2007, 01:24   #16

Suggestions pouring in ummm !! Thank you guys for all your inputs .
After going through all the suggestions , i am slightly inclined towards the EX version . One of the reason is that the place where i stay do not have talented staffs/ technicians who could handle out the dealer fitment operation of roof mount AC.We only have 2 dealers in the entire state of orissa.....

No free major accessories been provided by them . Other than crap Footmats and car Perfume ...

Lets see ..tomorrow i am going to Bhubaneswar where the dealer is located to find out more about it .

Cheers !
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
Why am I not able to see the pics posted by testdrive
Dont bang your head pogu. Help is on its way...You can visit Yahoo! Photos

(will be posting more pics soon...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Congratulations man! Your car looks very good with the chrome grill. BTW, did you ask the dealer about the VX grill ?

I am not sure if you are correct about the fitting and paint-matching of the cladding. I found the paint and fit quality to be pretty neat. But, my car is just a month old and it would be a little too early to say that it matches factory standards.
Personally, i prefer the EX grill cause the VX chrome with silver color dicor was little too much. There is no cost difference in the two grills. As per the dealer in Gurgaon, the VX grill was not in supply due to the huge demand. They were only getting EX grills for which also i had to wait 10-15days.

My cousin who got the cladding painted, is not satisfied as there are some gaps. The cladding is fixed to the body with locks. When the cladding is removed usually some of the locks break. When fitting the cladding back if the broken locks are not replaced or if the dealer uses local locks there will be problems sooner or later. After debating the issue for a long time I decided not to go for it.
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalmafia View Post
One of the reason is that the place where i stay do not have talented staffs/ technicians who could handle out the dealer fitment operation of roof mount AC.We only have 2 dealers in the entire state of orissa.....
If you've decided that you need the roof-mounted AC and dealer competence is questionable, go for the EX! If you aren't sure whether you need roof mounted AC and want to try the floor mounted unit first to see if it suits your requirements, go for LX. I did the same, and find the floor mounted unit sufficient. But, I live in bangalore where the temperature even in April/May is in the neighbourhood of 30C.
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

By personal experience, the roof mounted unit helps a lot in the Mumbai heat. I don't have tinted glasses. The floor mounted unit takes a lot of time to cool, but using the roof unit chills the cabin in no time.

Drifter
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:11   #20
BHPian

Digitalmafia, even if you buy the LX model and point the front two blowers straight towards the rear seats alongwith the rear vents open there is sufficient cooling for the rear passengers. Only differnce is that since the cabin area is bigger it takes few mins to start feeling the chill effect back there. I personally feel that the AC should be used only to chill the total area and not to direct the air directly towards ourselves.. And as far as the body cladding paint is concerned, my safari's side body cladding has been painted and the fit and finish is as good as the VX model.

I would suggest go for the LX version and save the money for putting in some other accessories that you may like. All the best !
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:14   #21
BANNED

Factory fit & finish is better than after market. Go for the EX. I had the same doubts before buying.
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:15   #22
Team-BHP Support

When outside temparature is 40 degrees+ rear seats get enough cooling from the front AC itself.
I suggest you take a test drive, sitting in rear seat of an LX. Rourkela must be cooking now, just like delhi.
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:37   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalmafia View Post
One of the reason is that the place where i stay do not have talented staffs/ technicians who could handle out the dealer fitment operation of roof mount AC.We only have 2 dealers in the entire state of orissa.....

No free major accessories been provided by them . Other than crap Footmats and car Perfume ...

Lets see ..tomorrow i am going to Bhubaneswar where the dealer is located to find out more about it .
Hey buddy, the final choice will always be yours. So if you wish to by Ex you will. But if you ask me, my experience with Tata Dealers say that big ones with sprawling service stations do have very high competency levels. They can do a fab job of denting-painting and putting on after market fixtures. So if I can save a 50thou and yet get all the features by getting some fixtures as aftermarket I would rather do that.

Also, I do not know this but considering that you wanna buy a Safari I think it is safe to assume that you love to drive. Safari is a fab vehicle to drive on the highways... It can just soak up those pothole ridden Indian highways with nary a trouble. So why do not you go to kolkata and check out the deals. Kolkata has multiple Tata dealers and pretty competent ones at that. You can drive a much better bargain out there owing to the competition factor. Orrisa will never get you the kind of bargains like other states as the dealers know they hardly have much to compete with. Once you get the deal you want drive the beast back to Rourkela. You need not register it in Kolkata. You can register it in Rourkela and even get the servicings done there.

Think about it...
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

Oboy! We have enough Safaris here now to start a MileMunchers Club!
Old 3rd May 2007, 19:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Oboy! We have enough Safaris here now to start a MileMunchers Club!
you started the revolution Steer!
you're the safari flag bearer!!
Old 4th May 2007, 00:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
My cousin who got the cladding painted, is not satisfied as there are some gaps. The cladding is fixed to the body with locks. When the cladding is removed usually some of the locks break. When fitting the cladding back if the broken locks are not replaced or if the dealer uses local locks there will be problems sooner or later. After debating the issue for a long time I decided not to go for it.
There are private garages here in Delhi which do a great job painting & refitting in most cases even better than the Authorised dealers. You just have to know who to go to.
Old 4th May 2007, 09:36   #27
BHPian

The EX has a rear window defroster as well, which is not available on the LX per TATA website. For the price differential, I would prefer EX over LX anyday although most dealers push LX 4x2. I am not sure why.

Digitalmafia, have you ordered yours yet?

Last edited by THE-U- : 4th May 2007 at 09:49.
Old 4th May 2007, 09:53   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
The EX has a rear window defroster as well, which is not available on the LX per TATA website.
In case you didn't know, the OVRMs get heated as well when the rear window defroster is switched on.

And how could you forget the analog clock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
For the price differential, I would prefer EX over LX anyday although most dealers push LX 4x2. I am not sure why.
The LX 4x2 is the least expensive ticket to the Safari club and the majority of Safari sales come from the LX 4x2 version. Dealers always have stock of the LX 4x2 due to the above and therefore, always push for this saying "If you go for the LX 4x2, I can deliver immediately".
Old 14th May 2007, 00:44   #29

Got the delivery of my new Ex 4 X 2 yesterday !!

Its awesome .
Will post pics at the earliest.

Wish me good luck .

Regards,
Digitalmafia
Old 14th May 2007, 01:05   #30
BHPian

congrats man.welcome to the dicor club man .i am sure you must be enjoin your drives from rourkela to panposh or may be kansbhal .
waiting for the pics bro.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks