Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2022, 17:45   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Keep or sell our Tata Safari Dicor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari-Surfer View Post
My safari got an Issue its engine is Shaking side by side and substantial loss of power .. My Trusted Mechanic is not able to diagnose the problem, Any Idea what can be an issue,...
Shaking- check the mounts (2 engine, 1 gearbox)

Loss of power. No idea. Not without knowing what has been tried.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 19:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
My safari got an Issue its engine is Shaking side by side and substantial loss of power i.e. even not able to climb a inclined road. help
I think this could be related to bad fuel, fuel injector issues and it would be better if you can take it to a TASS so they can check for any codes. (unlikely since you have not mentioned CEL)
kochup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 20:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
substantial loss of power i.e. even not able to climb a inclined road.
Check air filter, turbocharger air hose, fuel pump, injector. Go to TASS, check error codes, if not shown check history. Get an estimate from TASS and then only go to any FNG.
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 15:45   #34

I sent to TASS, They are saying the Code is for clogged injecters and Fuel pump. Both need cleaning, and they are quoting 60-70k for same plus 5k for opening and fitting, also in case any injector found damaged that will be extra, I am in Navi Mumbai, Can anyone tell me vendor to approach directly as anyhow they are going to get it done through outside vendor.
Old 30th July 2022, 23:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I sent to TASS, They are saying the Code is for clogged injecters and Fuel pump. Both need cleaning, and they are quoting 60-70k for same plus 5k for opening and fitting, also in case any injector found damaged that will be extra, I am in Navi Mumbai, Can anyone tell me vendor to approach directly as anyhow they are going to get it done through outside vendor.
You can get it done from a FNG.
Also include timing belt and water pump replacement, if you haven't got it done it in the past.
Also, take a second opinion. It may be a bad fuel issue.
Old 14th August 2023, 12:43   #36
BHPian

I am being offered a single owner 40k driven 2009 Safari Dicor (2.2). It comes with the older spec ORVMs without integrated turn signals and still has the steel wheels. The vehicle is doctor owned and is in very good condition cometically. It has not been checked by a mechanic. It has the original Tata seatcovers with “Safari” embossed on them. It is basically an LX model, but the owner has replaced (or painted?) the plastic finish bumpers to match the black body. What should be the right price for this vehicle?
Old 1st November 2023, 10:06   #37
BHPian

Hi BHpians,

Bumping up this old thread with a query.

The Safari had been running as fit as ever with no major issues until just a week back when a problem crept into the car. Whenever the wheel is turned in parked position, a glass breaking/crackling sound is heard. It doesn't resist the turning of the wheel. Any idea of the part that may be causing this problem? Spraying WD40 does dampen it but that is temporary. No external rusting is seen.

Not checked with any mechanics yet, as this occurs only in parked position. We had a fantastic drive to Mysore last week to see the Dasara celebrations and the safari performed flawlessly throughout the drive.

OT: Attaching some pics of the Mysore Dasara
Keep or sell our Tata Safari Dicor?-whatsapp-image-20231101-10.04.22-am.jpeg

Keep or sell our Tata Safari Dicor?-whatsapp-image-20231101-10.04.21-am-1.jpeg

Keep or sell our Tata Safari Dicor?-whatsapp-image-20231101-10.04.21-am.jpeg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks