Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Sell my Kawasaki Z900 & buy a Mahindra Thar 65 50.78%
Keep my Kawasaki Z900 & forget the Mahindra Thar 63 49.22%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2022, 23:37   #31
BHPian

Re: Should I sell my Kawasaki Z900 & buy a Mahindra Thar?

Nothing like being practical but whatever you can drive / experience more. You ain't buying it as a show piece, whichever you will be able to/drive more. And when you njoy the longer drives with family its all the more fun

So voted for BUY Thar
Old 15th May 2022, 13:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

Both are completely different, it’s like comparing chalk and cheese which is no comparison. This is a preference between two and four wheels.

People who like bikes will vote for the Z900, the safety conscious (not for two wheelers) will vote for the Thar. I don’t see the practicality or use case of this thread and poll. If it’s a bike to bike or car for car comparison and you want opinions it’s a different scenario.

This is something ONLY YOU can answer! Search your heart, search your soul during peaceful night hours and MAKE UP your mind.

Since the thought has come to you to sell the Z900 for the Thar means the bug for the Thar has already bitten you and you are looking for justifications to validate the thought process for your new love.

I haven’t voted in this poll, but it seems your heart has already voted for the Thar, it’s just a matter of the head agreeing.

All the best with your decision.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 15th May 2022 at 13:43.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 13:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well bikes, specially the imported multi cylinder higher end ones(8L+) would never be a practical choice in our road conditions if you try to think on those lines. They are pure enthusiast machines appealing only to heart.

When you own one, the question usually is what do I upgrade to? But if the question is comparison with a car, no matter a lifestyle vehicle like THAR, the latter will always make more sense.

So voted for selling off the Zee.
Old 16th May 2022, 16:37   #34
BHPian

Going by your detailed introduction, I arrive at these 2 conclusions.

1. You have enough and capable wheels in your garage for all your commuting needs.
2. You already have a Funtastic machine (Z900) to satisfy the enthusiastic monster inside of you.

Personally, I think practicality and pure adrenalin/enthusiasm are poles apart. There is no machine in the world that can give you the best of both the worlds. Having said that, here are few points that I want to highlight
1. Are you a bike or car enthusiast? There is a difference between both - especially in India.
2. If you are bike enthusiast, how well, have you satisfied the bike monster inside of you with the Z900? For eg - the engine heating issue in Z900 (even though I don't own one and from what I have come across owners in my network as well as online), is not a deal breaker compared to other biggies and brands.
3. What excites you? Off-roading/High Speed cornering/faster 0-100/no-road trails if its cars? No-road trails/0-100 timing/Handling/doing long distances with lot of luggage, pillion or both if its bikes? etc.

Slightly boring it may be, but is a pure fact - Please note the priorities keep changing in life for everyone, every few years/months. And there is no better/best time than NOW to pursue your passion/interest given you know what you are doing and you will take 100% responsibility of what you are doing.

So letting go of the Z900 if you have not fulfilled the enthusiast inside of you depends on your personality and your priorities.
Old 20th May 2022, 00:11   #35
BHPian

Dont sell the z900. Its a butter smooth inline four with 125 bhp power. Even if you ride it very less, the joy you get from the acceleration of the z900 cannot be replaced by a four wheeler like thar. Both cannot be compared. But still don't sell the z900. This might be a biased opinion from a motorcycle enthusiast who dreams of buying a 100 bhp plus motorcycle before I die.
Old 24th May 2022, 12:27   #36
BHPian

Should I sell my Kawasaki Z900 & buy a Mahindra Thar?-ftev6fwaaauoez.jpg

I would sell the z900 just for this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks