Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2022, 20:19   #31
BHPian

Re: Booked BMW X3, put down-payment on an apartment & now have a budget of 50-lakhs | Which SUV?

I'm in a similar conundrum of purchasing cars in a budget similar to yours and I'm waiting for Hyundai Tucson as most of the members suggested.

One more option I'm looking forward to is it's cousin the Kia Sportage. Personally, I found the Sportage design a bit more funky but once it launches in India, it would be good to compare these two and take a call on which one is better based on what transmission options are available coz the engines will mostly be similar. One more option I'm looking at but not sure is the Isuzu MU-X, the updated version, which would be a great competitor to Fortuner and much better than Meridian but Isuzu management is sleeping and not thinking of bringing their latest 2022 MU-X to India. Not sure how long they want us to wait.
Old 22nd May 2022, 22:40   #32
BHPian

Re: Booked BMW X3, put down-payment on an apartment & now have a budget of 50-lakhs | Which SUV?

Sorry to all for late reply. There was a lot going on with some personal work. Finally landed up booking Sonet 1.5 D AT Gtx+. The dealer has recieved the same model in single tone red, today. Due to wife's condition, he has expedited my booking. Hopefully will get the delivery in next 3-4 days. So an automatic beater car is reaching home within this week. Decided to wait till this year end for the bigger one. Next gen X1 and 3 series LCI are already announced. Will be interesting to see how these entry level Beemer rake up with the outgoing models. I am still heavily leaned to Bavarians as the driving pleasure is unmatched by other two home brands(German).Has also decided to keep the token money deposited with the dealer as it will be easy to block the new launch even if I am onboard the ship.
marinerandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 23:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerandy View Post
Sorry to all for late reply. There was a lot going on with some personal work. Finally landed up booking Sonet 1.5 D AT Gtx+. The dealer has recieved the same model .
Wow,thats like totally amazing going from what you were asking for. Another suprising fact is that the sonet has a waiting period of 20 weeks across models, how you got delivery in less then a week is amazing. I guess the moderators should edit the title now. Wishing you many happy miles with your sonet
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 23:43   #34
BHPian

I’d say wait for the Tucson. Specifically the Hybrid AWD. I test drove it last month and was impressed by the way it drove and of course the fantastic interior quality & finish. It’s got a 1.6 Turbo combined with the electric thrust that propels it to a 60 in about 7.xx seconds, it’s great on gas too! The SEL convenience trim is the best bet because of the equipment it offers at a reasonable price

Edit: I posted a quick reply and later noticed that Op had already made the decision.

Congrats on your new vehicle!

Last edited by saadat1992 : 24th May 2022 at 23:46.
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 10:16   #35
BHPian

From BMW X3 to a Kia Sonet. All in a couple of days. The headline does seem misleading after reading the end result but it sure is amusing how there is a step down to reality. There are always better alternatives to invest ones money than cars. For that kind of stuff there is moneycontrol.com.
Old 26th May 2022, 22:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerandy View Post
Sorry to all for late reply. There was a lot going on with some personal work. Finally landed up booking Sonet 1.5 D AT Gtx+. The dealer has recieved the same model in single tone red, today. Due to wife's condition, he has expedited my booking. Hopefully will get the delivery in next 3-4 days. So an automatic beater car is reaching home within this week.
Surprised to know that you are getting the Sonet GTX+ D AT delivered in less than a week from booking. The same variant has a waiting period of 5 months here in Hyderabad. Btw, I booked my Seltos GTX+ D AT in the month of March and my dealer is still clueless about the dispatches of this particular variant in Seltos.

He told that he'd be getting the dispatches of Seltos GTX+ D AT by the first week or second week of June. But, still, I didn't trust his words and I still feel that the chances of getting my Seltos GTX+ D AT by 2nd week of June is bleak as Kia is giving more importance to lower variants with 4 airbags than top variants with 6 airbags.

And, I even told my dealer that I'm ok with getting a Sonet GTX+ D AT in any colour (my preferences are White or Black) and that too, if it is readily available.

Anyway, congrats to your wife on getting the Sonet GTX+ D AT.
Old 27th May 2022, 16:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapadia View Post
From BMW X3 to a Kia Sonet. All in a couple of days. The headline does seem misleading after reading the end result but it sure is amusing how there is a step down to reality. There are always better alternatives to invest ones money than cars. For that kind of stuff there is moneycontrol.com.
Ya I know. Still a car from big 3 German brand is on target. This is a filler automatic. Since now I have to join back, she couldn't drive a manual one.

I have 20 years of carrer at sea. Most portion of my income has gone on investments. Even now I have to let go of X3 because of an investment. If 20 years of investments can't guarantee me financial security, then nothing can. I hope now I deserve to diverge some part of my income to luxury part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Wow,thats like totally amazing going from what you were asking for. Another suprising fact is that the sonet has a waiting period of 20 weeks across models, how you got delivery in less then a week is amazing. I guess the moderators should edit the title now. Wishing you many happy miles with your sonet

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Surprised to know that you are getting the Sonet GTX+ D AT delivered in less than a week from booking. The same variant has a waiting period of 5 months here in Hyderabad. Btw, I booked my Seltos GTX+ D AT in the month of March and my dealer is still clueless about the dispatches of this particular variant in Seltos.

He told that he'd be getting the dispatches of Seltos GTX+ D AT by the first week or second week of June. But, still, I didn't trust his words and I still feel that the chances of getting my Seltos GTX+ D AT by 2nd week of June is bleak as Kia is giving more importance to lower variants with 4 airbags than top variants with 6 airbags.

And, I even told my dealer that I'm ok with getting a Sonet GTX+ D AT in any colour (my preferences are White or Black) and that too, if it is readily available.

Anyway, congrats to your wife on getting the Sonet GTX+ D AT.
Interesting fact is that 1.5D AT Gtx+ is the only model, which is readily available. Other models have long waiting period. Since with updated lineup 1.5 D AT Htx makes more sense, there are few takers for Gtx+.
Only compromise in Htx is ventilated seats and some visual differences.
Another fun fact- both epitome and jsp were ready to give me in 10 days, if I forfeit the choice of color. And both were giving intense red. One in dual tone and one in single tone. So I chose the dealer nearest to me. JSP Marathahalli. Epitome was located in Yelahanka. JSP gave me the choice of single tone. Will be taking delivery on coming Thursday. Today all the paperwork has been finished.My worry for providing an automatic to wife before I leave for sailing is over This is totally an unexpected but necessary purchase.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th May 2022 at 18:59. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
marinerandy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks