Nissan Magnite 7 2.54%
Renault Kiger 4 1.45%
Mahindra Bolero Neo 4 1.45%
Other (please specify in your post) 5 1.81%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2023, 12:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon facelift vs Kia Sonet vs Hyundai Venue vs Maruti Brezza vs others

Voted for Breeza. It is a no nonsense product for me with a robust and refined engine and holds a good road presence.
Sonet/Venue were close contenders.
A big NO to Tata Nexon - a good looking painful package for long run.
XUV300 - again a NO, as it is not a well proportioned product.
Magnite/Kiger - I don't consider them as sub compact SUVs. They are awful to drive, especially the non turbo versions.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 12:14   #17
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon facelift vs Kia Sonet vs Hyundai Venue vs Maruti Brezza vs others

Nexon is my choice for the following reasons

- No other car in the segment is offered with a combination of 5 star safety rating and a proper automatic gearbox, would have not considered the Nexon without the DCA though (Unless I was buying an EV)!
- XUV3OO comes close on most aspects, however the stubby chopped off rear design looks ungainly and only AMTs offered as automatics are a big no for me
- Hyundai/Kia twins have not proven themselves on the crash ratings, will not go near these unless they improve scores across the range
- Nissan/Renault twins are too basic, number of service touch points through out the country is too less for my comfort with Nissan, Renault fares slightly better here
- Maruti Brezza is a decent option but the unenthusiastic engine and cheap interiors play spoil sport
- Maruti Fronx is based on Heartect platform that has not received good ratings for the crash tests in the past, Interiors are too basic as well
- Bolero Neo is a tough utility vehicle, but again too basic in terms of interiors, exterior design is unappealing by segment standards
abaliga is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 12:41   #18
BHPian

Voted for Sonet. A close second is Venue N line for me.
Sonet just looks much more proportionate to my eyes and has a bit understated styling as compared to Nexon facelift. The Nexon's interiors are also a bit overdone and garish IMHO, especially the steering and its surroundings. As far as mechanicals go, we don't have a sizable sample size to rely on Tata's dual clutch tech. So for me its the Sonet for now.
thisissoumya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 12:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Voted for Sonet. It still remains the benchmark for me. Sorted ride and handling (closest to the ecosport in terms of fun), great interiors, loaded with equipment, great road presence, great boot space, excellent engines, great after sales experience. The facelift, could address the novelty factor in terms of looks and equipment.

Nexon facelift, though good, still haunted by the famed Tata Sales and service experience! Not only that, the new Nexon seems to have way more niggles and issues than the earlier one, hope they iron it out.
Sonet and its cousin don’t have road presence. Safety isnt even a consideration. Rest all, agreed.
KIA A.S.S. is not great. Hyundai is far better. Our member’s Seltos has been hit in their own garage and they covered up nicely. Thanks to dashcam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I see that you have not mentioned about the Sonet's USP - the awesome Diesel + TC. Is it about time that we let go off the Diesels now?
We let off safety too . Sadly, not even 10% grace marks are ever awarded to safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
Voted for Breeza. It is a no nonsense product for me with a robust and refined engine and holds a good road presence.
Sonet/Venue were close contenders.
A big NO to Tata Nexon - a good looking painful package for long run.
XUV300 - again a NO, as it is not a well proportioned product.
Magnite/Kiger - I don't consider them as sub compact SUVs. They are awful to drive, especially the non turbo versions.
Nexon is on sale since 2017. Features, safety, comfort and price have been exponential along with numbers sold where Brezza is on decline. Engine choices, safety and automatics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
Hi - Voted for Nexon DCT since there is no choice to vote for Elevate. Attached is a price comparison between Nexon DCT and Elevate CVT.

If I have to buy between the two, I will buy Elevate V or VX model than Nexon because short & long term reliability of Honda is much superior to Tata (although Nexon is the most sorted product from Tata).

Also if I have to breach 18 lacs onroad price bracket, I will pick either EV or Hybrid.
Elevate base model doesn't cover everything. Ancient gearboxes of Tata are ridiculed, how many decades old is the 1.5L iVTEC now?

Honda is reliable but not their market. Tomorrow if “Elevations" fall short, they will axe the model. Tatas on the other hand go max to save the product and milk it to the maximum. Excuse the Zest and Hexas please.

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th October 2023 at 17:19. Reason: Multiple edits for language and grammar.
Altrozed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 12:44   #20
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Two words Diesel and AT, there is no competition to the Kia Sonet in this segment! in this regard. Once the facelift arrives, Kia will blow away the competition, not necessarily in sales but with every feature you could ask for!, with the Sonet and XUV300 due their facelifts, a comparison now would be fair only from the views of those who are looking to make an immediate purchase, or at this point in time, but for those looking for a purchase in 2024, the choices will surely vary!

Anyways, my choice is for the Kia Sonet
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 12:50   #21
BHPian

Voted for XUV3oo: A competent petrol and diesel engine combination. Only gripe is the AMT. Hope Mahindra will offer AT in future.

In general in this segment my preference for personal buy would be:
Petrol: XUV3oo
Diesel: Sonet or XUV3oo
CNG: Brezza
AT: Sonet

Coming to Nexon, i would never choose knowing the frequently highlighted bad ASS experience with Tata in general. Car is a long term possession so ASS is one big factor for me to have peace of mind.

OT. Yesterday saw this men (from my office) struggling with his broken down Nexon (offered some help). He was stuck their for nearly 2 hours (mind you this is within city). What arrived is a tow truck, not even a flatbed. Gives me pain to see how that tow truck dragged that broken EV.

Tata Nexon facelift vs Kia Sonet vs Hyundai Venue vs Maruti Brezza vs others-img_0383.jpg

Last edited by UD17 : 13th October 2023 at 12:52.
UD17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 13:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Kia Sonet.
I am a tad biased cos I have the D-AT variant and it blows the AMT of Nexon any day. Really like the Nexon face-lift in looks, especially the EV. In my experience Kia Service has been top notch. Tata still has a long way to go to achieve that kind of customer satisfaction in service. I visit both service centers and experience is day and night.

Sonet Face-lift will have all the features missing in the current one. They have all the things in their favor over Nexon except for that 5 star safety part. I am hopeful Hyundai/Kia group does the same for all their cars like they did for Verna this year. I was hoping Nexon diesel to get a better automatic Gearbox in their face-lift but looks like they are more focused on Ev right now.
harry10 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 13:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
Sonet and its cousin dont have road presence.
Venue doesn't, I agree. But I feel Sonet's got the best road presence in the segment. Only Ecosport was better in my opinion.

Quote:
Safety isnt even a consideration. Rest all, agreed.
I guess it has perfect set of active and passive safety features at this price point. minimum of 4 airbags, tpms, esc,vsm,Hill assist, auto dimming irvm, front parking sensors etc. Safety was one of my criteria, and Sonet did satisfy them. Yes it has not been tested by GNCAP, but I have my reservations on the way they rate their cars and the entire process in general. Hence have never given much importance to their safety ratings. Hope things improve with Bharat NCAP.

Quote:
KIA A$$ is not great. Hyundai is far better. Our own's member Seltos has been hit in their own garage and they covered up nicely. Thanks to Dashcam.
I spoke from my own experience. Been using the Sonet for 2.5 years now, after sales experience has been spectacular. The car not having any niggles, also helps.
Cross posting from another thread. This was my recent pleasant experience with Dhone Kia, Pune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Case in point- my ownership of Sonet iMT Turbo. It's seen 2 years and 2 paid services with me. There have been phone calls from the SVC pre service, a call post service (For feedback), and a call from KIA INDIA, regarding the service feedback. They are also very swift the way the handle the issue if it crops up. I had installed an aftermarket 500 buck puddle lamp accessory which was broken during my last paid service. To make up for the same, Kia offered me a free Interior and AC cleaning service, valid for anytime in the next 12 months. There was a separate apology mail (I had not even escalated this on mail). The ownership too has been absolutely niggle free and I am happy that I made this purchase (Pre owned at that!). My dad has owned a Honda,Maruti,Chevy, Ford (Presently too) and Tata in the past. The experience has been fantastic with Ford and Maruti, and he feels Kia service gives him the same feeling.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 13:22   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

A car has to be more than the sum of it`s parts - that is what I know from owning and maintaining many cars over the years.

Sonet is what I liked the most in this segment, in my opinion it is the segment benchmark. Refined yet quick power train, TDGi + DCT, Diesel + AT - both are segment best.

KIA fellows have spent a lot of time in refining so many aspects of that vehicle, its very nice to drive and feels very premium given its price point. I am very biased towards vehicles that have good powertrain \ drivetrain because that is what`s going to keep me entertained the most and well, audio system is pretty good, suspension & steering too are very nice.

I like the XUV3OO`s engines - which are easily best in class but the overall vehicle needs a refresh now and certainly good ATs.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 13:30   #25
BHPian

Voted for the Nexon. Saw one on the road yesterday and the Blue looked too hot to handle.

Slap a Tesla on it and sell it in the US, people would buy truckloads of it.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 14:34   #26
BHPian

Kia Sonet for its engine and transmission options, quality, refinement and feature list.

Would never consider Tata Nexon (or any other Tata product) for their lack of fineness, quality, refinement and above all - relatively poor ASS and reliability. Its 5-star crash rating is definitely commendable though.
Col Mehta is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 14:37   #27
BHPian

I put my money where my mouth is. Having owned the Sonet D AT for nearly a year & suffering a major accident and surviving it unscathed, there is no reason for me not to vote for one. People can talk all they want about the safety and other crap to feed their ‘fan-boism’ towards a brand. But I’m here to write this post probably because the car saved me (of course there are other factors too). This is my personal opinion and hence the vote.

And yes, the service experience has been great too. At least in my state where Tata sucks big time (a close friend owns one). Hyundai service is good too. Having owned cars from both, I’d probably rate Kia a tad higher. Agreed that it may still be too early to comment.

Can’t wait to see what Kia brings with the Sonet facelift, though we already have an idea of most of it.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th October 2023 at 17:25. Reason: Grammar
ashvek3141 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 15:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Kia Sonet for its engine and transmission options, quality, refinement and feature list.

Would never consider Tata Nexon (or any other Tata product) for their lack of fineness, quality, refinement and above all - relatively poor ASS and reliability. Its 5-star crash rating is definitely commendable though.
With all due respect, I'm surprised on this reply.
I wish and pray that each and every car runs safely and your Creta doesn't have any more fuel pump issues, Hyundais A$$ doesn't make their customers running here and there with escalations.
Old 13th October 2023, 16:09   #29
BHPian

Quote:
With all due respect, I'm surprised on this reply.
I wish and pray that each and every car runs safely and your Creta doesn't have any more fuel pump issues, Hyundais A$$ doesn't make their customers running here and there with escalations.
Yes, our Creta has recently been troublesome and I’ve called it very openly in the forum as I can call a spade a spade and I’m not a big fan of defending your preferred brands. We have owned multiple Hyundai and Kia cars in our family and been highly satisfied with the service, quality and refinement their cars offer in the segment. Our 2021 Creta has been an exception and I’m not happy about it at all! But at least HASS handled things efficiently.

Now coming back to Tata, I absolutely loathe their lack of quality, finishing and refinement and I would NEVER buy or recommend their cars. Then their ASS is notoriously known for all wrong reasons. With due respect, that’s my personal opinion and I’m entitled to express it here and there is nothing to get surprised about, so take it easy
Col Mehta is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 17:09   #30
BHPian

Voted for Renault Kiger (Turbo CVT).

At around 5 lakhs cheaper on-road than Nexon top variant it's hard to pass that kind of value if you are only looking for a basic, safe and reliable city commuter car.
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks