Nissan Magnite 7 2.54%
Renault Kiger 4 1.45%
Mahindra Bolero Neo 4 1.45%
Other (please specify in your post) 5 1.81%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2023, 17:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon facelift vs Kia Sonet vs Hyundai Venue vs Maruti Brezza vs others

We have a Sonet HTK+ imt in our garage which was bought in last November. We made a great choice considering our requirement and the value for money it offered back then. Now, it has been pricier by over 1 lakh and lost the USP in my opinion. I am not a brand fan boy but the product. I will be in the market next year to upgrade from our four years old Tiago and will definitely prefer Nexon facelift this time. My experience has been below par with both Tata and Kia after sales support.
Old 13th October 2023, 17:24   #32
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Tata Nexon facelift vs Kia Sonet vs Hyundai Venue vs Maruti Brezza vs others

Voted for Nexon for below reasons...

5-star safety
Now with a proper automatic
The new design looks so charming in daylight (you want to see her from all the angles)
The new interior looks more premium than the competition

The second choice could be Renault Kiger for pure its VFM tag.
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 18:33   #33
BHPian

Being a satisfied owner of Tata Nexon, I vote for Nexon facelift in this poll. I am thoroughly impressed by the way it looks inside out, its features and DCA transmission.

It makes other cars/SUVs of this segment look slightly insipid, IMO.

Last edited by FireBlade : 13th October 2023 at 18:35.
FireBlade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 18:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post

Elevate base model doesn't cover everything. Ancient gearboxes of Tata are ridiculed, how many decades old is the 1.5L iVTEC now?

Honda is reliable but not their market. Tomorrow if “Elevations" fall short, they will axe the model. Tatas on the other hand go max to save the product and milk it to the maximum. Excuse the Zest and Hexas please.
With the same argument, Magnite should not be considered, and should be excluded from the poll right? Nissan has just 1 product now.
Old 13th October 2023, 18:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post

Elevate base model doesn't cover everything. Ancient gearboxes of Tata are ridiculed, how many decades old is the 1.5L iVTEC now?

Honda is reliable but not their market. Tomorrow if “Elevations" fall short, they will axe the model. Tatas on the other hand go max to save the product and milk it to the maximum. Excuse the Zest and Hexas please.
Hi Altrozed - I agree with you that Honda's 1.5L iVtech is based on over 2 decade old tech and if I am not wrong, Tata Nexon is based on the revised Tata X1 platform debuted in 1998.

I do agree that Honda has poor history of discontinued models but they have history of continuing City name since they are in India. Elevate solved almost all the problems their earlier SUV styled vehicle could not e.g. good SUVish look, proven, reliable & fuel efficient 1.5L engine with both MT & CVT.

I am confident that Elevate is here to stay for years. It will not be a chart topper, but will sell in decent numbers, around 4000 to 4500 units a month, consistently for the years to come.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon facelift vs Kia Sonet vs Hyundai Venue vs Maruti Brezza vs others-nexon.jpg  

Last edited by GoBabyGo : 13th October 2023 at 18:48.
GoBabyGo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 19:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
With the same argument, Magnite should not be considered, and should be excluded from the poll right? Nissan has just 1 product now.
Nissan isn't serious till Magnite I believe. Kicks was a good car, they couldn't sell well.
Sunny and Micra were good in those days, no where seen now.
Magnite is good. No doubt but is Nissan serious at least now ?

And Nissan and Honda aren't same. Honda and City are a status even today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
Hi Altrozed - I agree with you that Honda's 1.5L iVtech is based on over 2 decade old tech and if I am not wrong, Tata Nexon is based on the revised Tata X1 platform debuted in 1998.

I do agree that Honda has poor history of discontinued models but they have history of continuing City name since they are in India. Elevate solved almost all the problems their earlier SUV styled vehicle could not e.g. good SUVish look, proven, reliable & fuel efficient 1.5L engine with both MT & CVT.
Proven old products are worth but we here use choice of adjectives as anemic, ancient, horrible to those. X1 is heavily modified and that platform achieved 5 star.
With Honda, I'm not still sure they are serious. They got a Creta competitors after 3 facelift/gen. (Tata didn't even till now )

Honda is not selling City because they are in India. They are in India because city is being sold at least.

I wish that Elevate is successful as we need competition always. They couldn't do it with WRV earlier.
Altrozed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 20:13   #37
BHPian

Voted for Nexon. Though I quite like both XUV 3oo and Bolero Neo, the "What you wont like" are really, What you won't like - throughout the ownership. The 3oo especially, while it has a uniqueness of not so common, seems to be losing out to XUV 700. But then practicality kicks in and the full package and an erstwhile nostalgia of Indica- More car per car takes over. The facelift isn't really great upfront, but going by the forced obsolescence strategy of car companies, there is no option but to buy the newer model. Kia has a lot of gimmicks, mostly will go unused on the daily grind while not being a very safe car and Maruti will never really breaks out its 'safe bet' mould to the extent of being boring!
Old 14th October 2023, 02:03   #38
BHPian

Voted for the Nexon. It is a very good product, with solid build, decent engine and now a wet-clutch DCA. They also standardized 6 airbags and ESP. Older one was already one of the better models from TATA with good space and comfortable ride. Now they have added all the needed features, and designed it well. It also has an EV model which none in the list have. (eXUV is longer, and dated).

I also like the XUV3OO very much, it has very good engines (most powerful in class?) and safety. But they paired it with AMTs, and keet deleting features, including the earlier USP 7 airbags. They also downsized the wheels. And it needs a proper update soon. They could also launch an ICE XUV400 with a proper AT and full Tivoli length.
Old 14th October 2023, 07:13   #39
BHPian

XUV 3OO - it's a nice car, except for its weird and ugly side profile. Original size rebadged Tivoli (XUV 4OO) looks gorgeous. I wish they'd have launched that here. Anyway 3OO was launched overpriced, what difference will it make.

Sonet, Venue - I don't trust their build quality so they're out of contention for me.

Bolero Neo - just outdated, but if I was in the rural areas where service coverage and parts availability is difficult and I wanted a relatively cheap and reliable diesel crossover, I'd take the Neo.

Fronx - I don't trust the build quality of the baleno and same goes for cladded baleno.

Brezza - this is a decent car, but the interior are a big let down. So it isn't for me, but if someone asks me for a good crossover suggestion and their only priorities were fuss-free maintenance and reliability coupled with safety, then I'd definitely suggest the Brezza.

Magnite/Kiger - Really nice cars, personally I prefer the Magnite because the Kiger looks way too similar to the Kwid but otherwise both are solid options with good build quality.

And finally, the Nexon, good car, disappointing petrol engine but loaded with tech. I like this car and I would pick this but it's a feature loaded Tata and Tata (and Mahindra) is known to sometimes use the first batch of its customers as Guinea pigs. So not now.

I voted for the Nexon but only after a couple of months.
If I had to buy one now, it would be the Magnite.

Last edited by SaiSW : 14th October 2023 at 07:17.
Old 14th October 2023, 07:55   #40
BHPian

Voted for sonet for its unique offering i.e Diesel Engine with Torque Convertor gearbox. Nexon is a close second but for me a car's drivetrain is the most important aspect. Nexon's petrol engine is just about average while the diesel still comes with AMT. If the diesel was paired with any other transmission other than AMT then Nexon would be all the car i need.
Old 14th October 2023, 17:18   #41
BHPian

Would love to buy Nexon, but their showroom staff makes sure you don't visit them again. The lethargy is appalling. They have taken 4 days to get back on test-drive and least interested in converting the enquiry to order. Guess they are overwhelmed with the response for new Nexon and don't know what to do with all the enquiries, Hence voted for others.

Last edited by raj.barcode : 14th October 2023 at 17:19.
Old 22nd January 2024, 23:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

Need some guidance folks!

We are looking to replace my wifey’s 5 year old Elite i20 petrol manual. The requirements are fairly simple, a proper automatic, preferably with some basic features like 6 airbags, Automatic climate control etc. Not keen on sunroof and any other fancy features like Ventilated seats and the likes. We bought a Jeep Compass Diesel AT 4x4 just one year ago, so that’s our default high way car. This second car is primarily for city runabouts, mostly to my son’s school and weekend household errands, mall runs etc. Why Automatic for a low run car, you may ask? Cause we live in Bangalore!

Anyway, this car is going to be running really less, like less than 4-5k a year and not more.

Ideally, for such a low running car, I wouldn’t want to spend more than 11-12 lakhs, but finding a proper automatic seems to be big challenge.

Since my other car is a Jeep Compass, i want the 2nd car from a mainstream brand like Hyundai, Tata, Mahindra or Kia. It think this balance is necessary! So i ruled out Nissan, Renault, Citroen.

Second, from a segment perspective, there aren’t many options in the hatchback or sedan segments with proper automatics. We already have an i20, so no point in getting another one. The Amaze feels very outdated, and the Altroz does not get 6 airbags at all! If we eliminate these, then we are left with only the sub 4m cross overs. Once again, ruled out the Brezza due to lack of 6 airbags even in the zxi variant ( you need to buy the zxi plus if you need 6 airbags which costs a whopping 17lakhs on road in Bangalore)

Final shortlist —Nexon DCA Creative, Sonet HTX, Venue S ( optional ). All are turbo Petrol units with Dual clutch gearboxes. All three cost between 14.8 to 15.3 lakhs on road, bangalore. I would ideally not want to spend anything more than 13, but there just aren’t any options.

So, did back to back test drives of the 2024 Sonet and the 2023 Nexon, both facelift variants, and both turbo petrol DCT / DCAs.

The Sonet seems to have the better interior quality, all the parts seem well put together inside. And the car is heavily loaded! I mean many of the features in this mid-variant HTX are not there even in my 2022 Jeep Compass! Ventilated seats on a mid variant! How is Kia pulling this off? A sunroof is also present ( i have zero interest in this sunroof, i have probably used it 10 times in my 1 year old Jeep Compass ). The car feels super premium inside and out. The engine too is very responsive, DCT gearbox seemed very quick in our short drive. Weirdly, even though this Sonet HTX gets so many features, it still does not get rear wipers ( just the defogger). However what we all felt was that the Sonet did not feel very well built, seemed a bit too light, almost like my wife’s Elite i20 or i dont know if its just my prejudice with Hyundai / Kia.

Within the next 20 minutes, we were driving a Nexon DCA, and it felt so mature in everything including build quality, suspension, ride etc. Its also a lot more spacious, even though thats not something we really need. This variant, the Creative DCA has most features covered, including a rear wiper ( no defogger though ), however its got nothing fancy like sunroof, ventilated seats, front parking sensors etc, which the Kia Sonet HTX gets. I certainly value the crash test ratings, so the Nexon ticks all boxes. The shortcomings in the Nexon, well, its the interiors, feels a bit too plasticky, lacks finesse and just doesn’t feel as well put together as the Sonet.

The Venue is probably not in contention; its got a variant called “S ( optional )”, costs 14.8 lakhs and yet does not even get automatic climate control. Given that it shares everything with the Sonet, there is no reason to consider this at all.

So should we get the Nexon which ticks most boxes, or the Sonet which offers a long list of features at the same price, but seemingly compromises on build quality? Am I underestimating the Sonet’s build or is it actually poor like the Seltos and the Creta ( Hyundai has spoken of some improvements in build quality in the face lifted Creta, but Kia has remained silent on this with both the face lifted Seltos and Sonet).

Last edited by motorworks : 22nd January 2024 at 23:20.
Old 28th January 2024, 12:43   #43
BHPian

@motorworks from your write-up itself your heart seems to be sold on the features offered on Kia and what seems to be value for money against the shortcoming listed on Nexon.
I being swadeshi and having owned an 'More car per car - Indica' and.. knowing how to deal with Tata service would go for Nexon! But you seem to be inclined towards Kia and should go for it since the bells and whistles not available on Nexon will keep giving you the lingering doubt on the choice you made!
In the end you learn to defend your choices And just maybe, the Wife may find Kia easier to handle.
Have a great & safe drives!

Last edited by Freespirit27 : 28th January 2024 at 12:46. Reason: Additional advice
Freespirit27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 14:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
So should we get the Nexon which ticks most boxes, or the Sonet which offers a long list of features at the same price, but seemingly compromises on build quality? Am I underestimating the Sonet’s build or is it actually poor like the Seltos and the Creta ( Hyundai has spoken of some improvements in build quality in the face lifted Creta, but Kia has remained silent on this with both the face lifted Seltos and Sonet).
Its all about your priorities. If you are looking at feel good factor and general refinement of the drive as well as the cabin, look no further than the Kia Sonet. Nexon doesn't come close, it still has a "crude" feeling to it. But do note that Nexon is a safer car and has more comfortable ride of the two (but not necessarily more "mature" ride), owing to the superbly tuned suspension.

As for the safety concern of Kia Sonet, well for me it didn't feel (atleast from the door "thud" and general sheet material thickness) that it would fare very badly in the BNCAP, but then we can't comment anything unless and until safety ratings are out.

By the way, did you check out the Hyundai Exter AMT ? I know the AMT is no match for the DCA/DCT, but even for an AMT, the drive quality is good and one does not feel the shift jerks or head nods, except for the first gear where there is a very minute lag when gearshift moves from 1st to 2nd. Besides that, it is spacious, has very good ride quality, has a refined cabin and NVH levels are good. Besides, you save couple of lacs over the Sonet/Brezza too. For a low mileage car (less than <6k kms per year), the Exter AMT makes a lot of sense.

Last edited by DCEite : 28th January 2024 at 14:46.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 20:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespirit27 View Post
@motorworks from your write-up itself your heart seems to be sold on the features offered on Kia and what seems to be value for money against the shortcoming listed on Nexon.
In the end you learn to defend your choices And just maybe, the Wife may find Kia easier to handle.
Have a great & safe drives!
Hey, thanks for your feedback. Actually i was always inclined towards the Nexon, since our running is quite low and this is our second car, the Sonet's additional features are not that big an attraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Its all about your priorities. If you are looking at feel good factor and general refinement of the drive as well as the cabin, look no further than the Kia Sonet. Nexon doesn't come close, it still has a "crude" feeling to it. But do note that Nexon is a safer car and has more comfortable ride of the two (but not necessarily more "mature" ride), owing to the superbly tuned suspension.

As for the safety concern of Kia Sonet, well for me it didn't feel (atleast from the door "thud" and general sheet material thickness) that it would fare very badly in the BNCAP, but then we can't comment anything unless and until safety ratings are out.

By the way, did you check out the Hyundai Exter AMT ? I know the AMT is no match for the DCA/DCT, but even for an AMT, the drive quality is good and one does not feel the shift jerks or head nods, except for the first gear where there is a very minute lag when gearshift moves from 1st to 2nd.
Thanks for your suggestions, actually we did not consider the Exter at all. We had a look at the car and to be honest the overall build quality feels like one step down from our existing Elite i20. Plus, the top end Exter AMT with all the bells and whistles costs about 12 lakhs on road, bangalore. I agree we can still save around 3 lakhs when compared to the Nexon or the Sonet, but the Exter didn’t quite cut it.

Final update, we have now booked the Nexon Creative Plus DCA, its got all that we need, a proper automatic, guaranteed safety, 360 camera, Blind view monitor ( which im sure will help my wife ), no sunroof and neither ventilated seats etc and anyway we didnt want these either.

During our back to back test drives of the Sonet and the Nexon, we realised that there is a significant difference between the two in terms of ride quality. The Sonet feels very light and even the smallest bumps filter through, whereas the Nexon is fairly sorted and absorbs the road undulations. I had a 1st gen Creta earlier and i can say that the Nexon feels closer to the 1st Gen Creta in terms of overall build quality etc, whereas the Sonet feels one notch lower.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks