Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2024, 16:24   #31
BHPian

Re: Retain the Jeep Compass or Sell it off | With its ageing, niggles are coming frequently

Don’t keep Jeep’s products out of warranty they will be a headache even so more than the Germans, injector issues will only be solved by replacing it or if you know a trusted FNG they might be able to source one out of a total loss with lesser miles done. Sell it don’t keep on spending on it because it neither has a snob value of a German and it will become an endless money pit.(90K for a manual clutch ,replacing a DSG’s clutch seems better value when compared to that)
The resale value however might take a hit especially with the accident history and all the issues it has now, to reach a fair price will be a bit difficult.

Last edited by VwRabbit : 14th January 2024 at 16:25.
VwRabbit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 18:44   #32
BHPian

Re: Retain the Jeep Compass or Sell it off | With its ageing, niggles are coming frequently

At the end it's a financial decision and by repairing the Jeep Compass you've made your decision it seems.
Since the niggles are reduced you can drive the car for few more years now and then sell off.
The new owner will also have confidence that the car ran a good deal after the accident and has normally aged to be a selling candidate.
SidTheChamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 19:00   #33

I am one of the few ones who is on the other side.

I bought the 5 year old compass last year.

I have spent the following till date (Odo - 75k)
1. Engine mounts - 30k
2. Ac compressor -35k
3. Both front link stabilzers -9k
4. Service with brake pad replacement -36k
5. Alternator overhauling (for the noise) - 20k (as new one was costing 90k)

Following issues which need to be looked at
1. Tyre replacment -45k
2. EGR valve issue - 35k (There's a check engine light due to this)
3. Clutch replacement 90k

I bought the top model 4x4 from Cars24 at 50% price. Their warranty also doesn't cover everything and only valid for 6 months. And these issues I faced after 12 months.

Am I at peace ? No

Do I regret the purchase ? Not at all

I love the experience of the Jeep. The way it handles, the solid tank like build, the way it munches miles, It cruises at high speeds also, and the 4x4 is something I always wanted.
I am looking forward to the Spiti snow expedition Next month.

It would never have been possible without a 4x4.

To conclude, yes it's a pain to maintain the compass. But I brings a smile on my face whenever I drive. Dad has the trusted Altis which never had any such issues but I induce the excitement levels that this Jeep can. Brother has the Volkswagen Ameo, he loves the speed and pickup but someone it's too cramped.

Fingers crossed and I hope the service experience isn't too painful in future.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th January 2024 at 19:29. Reason: Mod note attached.
micky is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks