Tata Nexon EV 65 27.66%
Mahindra XUV400 7 2.98%
Hyundai Kona EV 12 5.11%
Other (please specify in your post) 12 5.11%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2024, 12:11   #31
BHPian

Re: Price-Cut MG ZS EV vs the Competition | Would you buy the ZS EV at the new, lower price?

https://www.livemint.com/auto-news/t...804183892.html

Tata enters the price cut game. Nexon .ev prices cut by close to 1.2 Lakh and Tiago gets Rs. 70,000 off. Is it worth purchasing EVs at this stage or wait for further price reductions or discounts considering OEMs are cutting approx. 5 to 10 percent of the ex-showroom prices?

Last edited by Gamemaztr : 13th February 2024 at 12:12.
Old 13th February 2024, 14:23   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Price-Cut MG ZS EV vs the Competition | Would you buy the ZS EV at the new, lower price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvr08 View Post
At this point in time, IMO an EV cannot be my primary car as I do drive on highways a lot more than city. If it has to be an EV, I would require at least 400+ kms real world range which is not an option in any of these. I do not have patience to stop for 45 to 50 min for charging for every 200 odd kms.

EV6 and Ioniq5 would suit me but they are way more pricier.

I
I voted Kona. Because I really like it.

However, I am in the same boat as you are.
1. I want a good cruiser for my pretty frequent highway/ hill trips.
2. Would like to have 400kms real world range including steep hill sections.
3. Can adapt to and live with 15-30 min stops for quick top-up charge activity plus a cup of coffee etc. But 45min to 60min will tend to irritate me.
4. I love that EV6 AWD and its looks and feel but it is way too expensive. I also love the Ioniq5’s RWD and looks and feel etc but it is also very expensive.

Somehow, I am unable right now to bring myself to consider spending Rs 45-47 lacs for an Ioniq5 and 65-66 Lacs for the EV6.

This leaves only the Kona at a reasonable price.
But I am still full of questions about the Kona and have asked these in the Official review thread.

I am keen on moving to a nice EV but am still researching and analysing and ‘testing the waters’.

But Im not very enamoured of the MG and the XUv400 and the Nexon. I definitely like the Kona much more.
Attached Thumbnails
Price-Cut MG ZS EV vs the Competition | Would you buy the ZS EV at the new, lower price?-img_5579.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 13th February 2024 at 14:25.
Old 15th February 2024, 09:35   #33
BHPian

Would pick the ZS EV any day over the Nexon.
It’s not the Nexon being a bad product,it’s the entire Tata ecosystem that will keep me away. Here’s my reasoning;

A friend had picked up the 2020 Nexon Ev and has covered close to 30k Kms to date and he has zero drivetrain issues till now. That’s the only part of the car that is niggle free. Pretty much the entire HVAC system has been replaced twice under warranty.
Entire suspension system replaced once under warranty. Interior panels rattle a lot. One case of his headlight being swapped to another car caught on dash cam.
Multiple times of the car being returned with new issues after being given for rectification of some other issue.
And I would like to assume that his 30k kms of niggle free drivetrain to having DC charged only once in that 30k Kms.
Sure one can argue that it’s a 4 year old car and TATA has stepped up its QC and QA systems, but one search on google will prove that assumption wrong.
This bashing is also coming from me who still loves and own a 3 lakh km done Tata Aria.

There is word out that another big business house is in talks with partnering with the dream builders and if that gets realised then All the best to TAMO and M&M.
Old 15th February 2024, 10:19   #34
BHPian

Tata Nexon EV (older version) user here.

I’m a patriot at heart and quite openly anti Chinese (try and practise as much as I can) I’ve clocked some 33K kms in 1 1/2 years in the Nexon EV. Months ago, I did get a chance to drive the MG ZS EV of one my customers.

I hate to admit this, but the MG is way superior in every aspect (and now in pricing too)

Let me elaborate:

Ride quality: The Nexon EV may be bottom heavy, which theoretically makes it more stable, but it really isn’t so. High speed & lane change confidence is scary at most times.
The MG actually scored well for me here.

Range: 312 km, as claimed by Tata is a joke, maybe borderline scam. The max I’ve extracted is 180 km, averaging 150 per charge. This is less than half of the claimed range. The Nexon shuttles well within Colaba & Panvel, with most of the driving in the island city. One can imagine, doing 80+ kmph is a dream.

The staff at Tata workshop is clueless about how to enhance range. All they say is ‘it depends on your driving style’, but never being able to spell it out. They asked to keep the power consumption lower than 150 kwh. It had dropped all the way to 114, but with same results. Tyre pressure, gradual acceleration and what not, but the range wouldn’t alter.

One techie though was candid enough to admit 180 is a magic number and not to dream of more.

The MG owner embarrassed by revealing about the 300+ range (yes, it has a larger battery pack, but the ratio is still super skewed)

Tyres: The EV came with MRF tyres. In all my years of motoring, undisputedly the worst rubbers I’ve experienced. They would puncture running over mildly sharp stones (little ones, not gravel) I got one tyre exchanged under warranty, but the second time they refused to accept an obviously prematurely damaged tyre. I finally exchanged them with Yokohama. Now the grip levels are a tad bit better and thankfully no ruptures.

Didn’t get to talk about the tyres on the MG though.

Niggles: Well, it’s a Tata and you’ve got to be prudent in expectations, but when one ends, another crops up. This notwithstanding, they are liveable though. Sometimes you murmur to yourself ‘itne paise mein itna ich milega’ and move on.

The MG owner had nothing to whine about (though other MG EV owners may want to add here)

The facelift Nexon does look sharp and willing, but the MG has a good amount of timelessness to its design. I feel it would age well.

Nexon EV MAX/LR: Long range EVs are meant to be driven over distances and would mean having to be seated longer. The backseat of the Max/LR, thanks to the raised design, arising from the larger battery pack, is a PAIN. The sheer discomfort would put one off from using it for long distance touring.

MG, with its well designed rear seat and longer range, is honestly a pleasure.

Personal choices apart, the MG practicality wins too obviously.

What could really throw MG off track though would be an EV Harrier with MG ZS EV pricing. This though is like asking for too much.

Last edited by DessertOnWheels : 15th February 2024 at 10:40.
DessertOnWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 12:19   #35
BHPian

I am surprised to see the comparison between MG ZS EV and Tata Nexon. We bought an MG ZS EV a year ago, and have never been happier.

Also interesting to see that some of you folks think the MG's interiors are dated. Maybe we (wife and I) are in the minority here, but we loved the MG interiors so much we didn't even test drive any of the Volkswagens or Skodas new cars, which were cheaper by a full million rupees. We did test drive the Tata Nexon, as that was the only other EV in our budget. I love the Nexon very very much and have voted it as our Car of the Year before. But it can't hold a candle against the MG, in terms of interiors, range, or styling. The newer one looks great though.

Some folks are saying we deserve compensation for buying the MG at 28L. Well, that's the market, and that's how it plays. We keep our cars for a long long time (Vento -10 years and going, i10 - 11 years). So these things hardly bother us, plus there isn't any point in checking the prices of something you already bought. The best thing this can give is heartache. I enjoy the car, and it's so good for me, that the Vento is now on 'Sabji Bhaji' duty.

My two cents...
sidoza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 20:24   #36
BHPian

Voted for the XUV400. I had some concerns but a test drive of all the vehicles have made making a choice oh-so-difficult.

- Our car will be chauffeur-driven most of the time. In fact, this will be the drive-it-till-its dead replacement for our old Ertiga, even though it’s not a direct replacement. Of all these cars, XUV400 is the longest (inside) with the most comfortable rear-seat drive

- Suspension is the most sorted and it’s very very nice to drive.
- 2024 upgrade has now included all the necessary conveniences
- I prefer the charging port placement in the side of the front panel and not right up front like its in ZS EV. In Indian traffic, you just don’t known when the sleepy/ crazy driver ahead of you decides to roll back 5 feet and bingo, there goes your charging port and you are faced with probably a very expensive repair

The main compromise is its low range. But for that, I would probably use my wife’s Fortuner anyway.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 19th April 2024 at 20:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks