Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2008, 10:48   #46
BHPian

Innova

Just the advantages of reliability and practicality alone would swing my vote in the Innovas favour. My friend is a tour operator. 2 of his Innovas have clocked more than 3L kms. without engine overhaul, and one suspension overhaul. The car gets raped by the drivers all day(its not their car). The running cost are very good. It makes sense to go in for the Innova. The Safari would do little more than give a big boost to the ego. All talk about "GO GET THE BEAST MAANNN" is that image quotient of the Safari. Also, do a little ground work. Apart from just going to test drive both the vehicles, got to the spare part dealers and mechanics, and ask them the problems you could face with both the cars on the long run. Do equate resale values.
Old 9th January 2008, 11:33   #47
Team-BHP Support

Innova will be more peace of mind and more hassle free than the safari.
If you are looking at 2WD version, the safari does not offer anything more other than amazing status and presence. For all its virtues, the first impression of somebody driving an innova/sumo/indica etc., is that of a taxi driver.
Old 9th January 2008, 13:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

Agreed totally what vibzez and tsk1979 says

Thats exactly the reason why I baught Innova and I would buy Safari in coming years once I am fere enough to use both Safari and Innova one at a time!

According to me for City use Safari (better than Innova because of status/image) is best choice and Innova is good as well.

For pure highway innova is best choice.

For highway involving bad roads my pick is Safari, if driven carefully you just can't notice many potholes in Safari.

Innova has double life compared to Safari so I baught Innova first and then will be buying Safari.

Reghards,

Ravi.
Old 9th January 2008, 13:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

try out both man. safari 4x4 and innova.. also check the new engine 2.2 vtt.its very gud and responsive engine. but tata lacks after sales service and product quality. toyota is relaible. but no can can give comfort that SAFARI gives. its very stable at any road conditions. also status and imgae wise safari is a deal. innova is a taxi.
Old 9th January 2008, 13:40   #50
BANNED

New Tata Safari or Innova?

The whole thing about the discussion on this thread is of no use.

The person who started this thread is itself not interested in letting us know about the inputs.

MODERATOR: I think u must think of closing this thread.

We are actually deviating this discussion.
Old 9th January 2008, 15:53   #51
BHPian

Test drives

I went to the Safari showroom here in bangalore for a TD. They said their vehicle was out on service. Guy promised to call me this week to do the drive...will take a long drive of an hour plus to see how comfortable it is... will update once i get there
Old 9th January 2008, 23:05   #52
BANNED

Amit, good you are on this forum watching all the verbal duels happening.

Pls man you are the man of the moment.

Pls atleast respond to our replys.

I was under the impression you are away after starting this thread.
Old 10th January 2008, 14:44   #53

mate..

The Innova is definitely a more refined car - and refined means class..!! Fit and Finish is brilliant. You'd just need to judge which vehicle is more reliable - again I believe the Innova is! Secondly, the Innova handles better than the Safari on Highways and is definitely more stable. I've had the jitters while cornering in Safaris but definitely confident doing that in an Innova..!!
BUT
The tata's generally have a better service network - although maintaining a safari might be a tad more expensive and difficult than the Innova. I've heard tales of the Safari being a white elephant. The new 2.2 Safari Dicor I believe is a much much more refined animal than the previous Safari - and tata's generally make very reliable engines. Its only the other things that go into the car that are not very reliable..

Hope your more confused now.. :P

cheers
Old 10th January 2008, 23:01   #54
BHPian

If your budget is 10-15 L, then why not the Endeavor?
Old 10th January 2008, 23:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
If your budget is 10-15 L, then why not the Endeavor?
Endeavour costs around 17L OTR, also its suspension is too basic(leaf springs) and ride is not good.
Old 11th January 2008, 10:17   #56
BHPian

I think the Comfort factor of the Safari is a little over-blown. No-doubt it is supremely comfortable, I vouch after owning a Safari for 3 years. But saying that the Innova is not even close, is just plain not done. The seating comfort on the Innova, especially the one with Captain chairs... is really really good.
On a lighter note, one comes across fan-boys, that either glorify or trash vehicles with a snap of their fingers. Come on, you think the vehicle would be selling those numbers if it were that bad.
Old 11th January 2008, 11:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibzez View Post
No doubt it is supremely comfortable, I vouch after owning a Safari for 3 years.
Really? I remember from one of your other posts that you own a Scorpio too - one that has clocked 90k kms or so? Why not share some long term ownership experiences about both the cars so that others can benefit?

I have noticed of course that you are partial to the Scorpio but that's OK. I also remember that you'd trashed the in-city driveability of the Innova also a while ago but it seems like you've changed your mind now

Last edited by suman : 11th January 2008 at 11:10.
Old 11th January 2008, 14:31   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Really? I remember from one of your other posts that you own a Scorpio too - one that has clocked 90k kms or so? Why not share some long term ownership experiences about both the cars so that others can benefit?

I have noticed of course that you are partial to the Scorpio but that's OK. I also remember that you'd trashed the in-city driveability of the Innova also a while ago but it seems like you've changed your mind now
I wish you would have extended the keen-ness of going through my posts by visiting my profile too. It says that I presently own a scorpio, and had a owned a safari too. So what in your view is the problem with owning a scorpio? Also, do see what the thread says (Innova or Safari), incase that missed your eyes too. I was replying in that context. In my opinion based on driving the vehicles, I found it better value. And therefore consider it a better vehicle, on the grounds of my preferance. At the same time I give my views because the starter of the thread asked for them.

Quote:
The Car Mags put the acceleration of the Mhawk better than the Safari. Check the numbers yourself.

Safari is better value for money rupee on rupee, compared to the Mhawk.
Quote:
I really wish they would cut down on all the bells n whistles. I personally dont fancy automatic wipers and headlamps. That should bring the cost down a bit. At this price, the Scorpio feels expensive and enters into territory not of the vehicles class. It clearly feels overpriced for what it offers.
Not providing Airbags and still charging so much... crazy.

Also the new Scorpio disappoints, and I clearly mention it in the thread about the new scorpio. So much for being partial to the scorpio. These quotes were made before Suman judged my partiality.

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2008 at 12:47. Reason: Please dont get personal
Old 11th January 2008, 14:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please do get the quote of me trashing the incity driveability of the Innova.
Vibzez, I found the overall tone of your post very offensive but I will not get into a verbal war now because I think you may have missed the point of my post altogether......or perhaps English may not be your strong point.

As far as your own quote is concerned, do go through this one
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...tml#post615822
Old 11th January 2008, 14:43   #60
BANNED

You are being too precise in your reply, this might confuse the buyer.

I still agree that by all standards SAFARI / SCORPIO or the INNOVA are good vehicles by their own standards.

Its only individual choices or view point that ignites a buyer to have them.

Lets hope our OriginalAmit makes his choice sooner or later.

BY the By What do u mean by your tag line ...HERBIE RIDES AGAIN

Pls reply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks