Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 18:31   #31
BHPian

Any idea about the Roof mounted Rear A/C ? Can it be got as an after market or dealer fitted system without voiding warranty ?

Also, does the EX/VX variant have 2 compressors for the rear a/c or is it just one compressor and an additional outlet ?

And, how is cooling without the rear a/c ? More so, in a hot and humid place like Chennai.

I'm being quoted discounts of about 14-20K (dealer+corporate) for the Safari LX variant in Chennai.

I don't know if that'll actually materialize during billing time, that's another story.

Dealer discount is being quoted anywhere between 5-15K.
Corporate discount is being quoted anywhere between 4-9K.
The max mix of these however caps between 14-20K.

Any pointers whether I can drive a harder bargain ?

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th March 2008 at 19:36.
Old 19th March 2008, 19:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirlp View Post
Any idea about the Roof mounted Rear A/C ? Can it be got as an after market or dealer fitted system without voiding warranty ? seems it will cost 15k as quoted by Akshay in another thread

Also, does the EX/VX variant have 2 compressors for the rear a/c or is it just one compressor and an additional outlet ? Another condenser I guess, anyway not another compressor.

And, how is cooling without the rear a/c ? More so, in a hot and humid place like Chennai.

I'm being quoted discounts of about 14-20K (dealer+corporate) for the Safari LX variant in Chennai.: for 2008 model?

I don't know if that'll actually materialize during billing time, that's another story.

Dealer discount is being quoted anywhere between 5-15K.
Corporate discount is being quoted anywhere between 4-9K.
The max mix of these however caps between 14-20K.

Any pointers whether I can drive a harder bargain ?

My reply in bold

TCS etc gets 10k discount!
Old 19th March 2008, 23:36   #33
BHPian

Yes, 14-20K for 2008 Safari LX model. Includes some combination of dealer+corporate discount. Is that less or more ?

Everyone's feeding me that it's either corporate discount or dealer discount, not both for Safari. However, they are supposedly trying and managing to give me a better bargain - according to them !

In your reply, you've stated TCS gets 10K. Is that a combination of dealer+corporate discount or is it just one of them in totality (ie. corporate, but no dealer) ? Or if it's just corporate discount, what is typical dealer discount ?

I remember Mar-2008 Autocar India mentioning that Safari dealer discount was around 16K (variant not mentioned). One of the dealer told me that their margin was itself 15600 or so on Safari LX - don't know how true it is.
Old 20th March 2008, 10:35   #34
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, 14-20K for 2008 Safari LX model. Includes some combination of dealer+corporate discount.
The Maximum Corp Discount is 12K, the rest is at the dealers discretion ...
Old 20th March 2008, 10:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, 14-20K for 2008 Safari LX model. Includes some combination of dealer+corporate discount. Is that less or more ?

I remember Mar-2008 Autocar India mentioning that Safari dealer discount was around 16K (variant not mentioned). One of the dealer told me that their margin was itself 15600 or so on Safari LX - don't know how true it is.
Dealer Margin is about 18K on the Safari. However, the dealer can hapily pass that on to a customer if the need arises because in Tata Motors, apart from teh dealer margin per piece,tey get a turnover commission at the end of every year as well, which more than makes up for loosing the dealer margin at the point of sale.
Old 23rd March 2008, 15:49   #36
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. Also, do avoid posting with excessive dots (..........).

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th April 2008 at 11:53.
le_doctor is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th April 2008, 15:31   #37
BHPian

Any idea on what freebies can be squeezed out for a Scorpio LX ? Purchase location (if decided) is Chennai. Are these freebies usually handed out "apart-from" the discount (corporate + dealer) or "instead-of" the discount ?

Any idea on typical waiting period ?
Old 8th April 2008, 15:38   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Safari meets all your requirements but i dont think i will hold very well after 5 years,in that case go in for scorpio LX.
Old 8th April 2008, 16:09   #39
BHPian

Playing a bit of a devil's advocate here. Given your requirements and annual running, why not consider a petrol Innova? Nothing in your requirements list suggests an SUV in particular and the innova does have the required seating capacity. I think there's a petrol innova thread somewhere on the forum. Do have a look to see how well the other attributes fit.
Old 8th April 2008, 19:24   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Playing a bit of a devil's advocate here. Given your requirements and annual running, why not consider a petrol Innova?
Incidentally, I have followed/read that thread earlier. It's just that there aren't too many Petrol Innovas out there and that's the slightly non-comforting factor.

Not to mention that Innova is a little bit over priced Will get less for more, discounting the usually trouble-free image that Toyota vehicles carry.

Last edited by sudhirlp : 8th April 2008 at 19:26.
Old 9th April 2008, 19:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on what freebies can be squeezed out for a Scorpio LX ? Purchase location (if decided) is Chennai. Are these freebies usually handed out "apart-from" the discount (corporate + dealer) or "instead-of" the discount ?

Any idea on typical waiting period ?
Not much. In march it was 10k dealer + 6k corp.

Also you may want to PM 'gops' another Chennaite who was planning to buy Safari. He hasnt updated his thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...fari-help.html

P.S: Do update us about the offers and your final buy!
Old 9th April 2008, 19:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Incidentally, I have followed/read that thread earlier. It's just that there aren't too many Petrol Innovas out there and that's the slightly non-comforting factor.

Not to mention that Innova is a little bit over priced Will get less for more, discounting the usually trouble-free image that Toyota vehicles carry.
Toyota has great deals now. Would suggest that one use it.
Old 11th April 2008, 03:41   #43
BHPian

I have been following this interesting thread as I am also looking at these SUV's - in my case, due to Nattu, I would prefer the Safari (for some reason I am not impressed with Sumo or Scorpio - but, honestly as I am still in the US, I have not TD any of them) over the Innova.

I am not keen on Tavera as I have a strong dislike for North American manufacturers.

Cheers

Nattusbs
Old 14th April 2008, 14:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
P.S: Do update us about the offers and your final buy!
Well, finally decided to plunk for the Swift Dzire ZXI instead. Advance paid out.

Safari, maybe next time. Or it may be the Nano for a second (actually third) car. Only time will tell.

Mods, please feel free to close the thread. Thanks a lot for all those who provided advice.
Old 15th April 2008, 10:20   #45
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

suggest you check out my reviews of both Scorpio LX Crde 2.6 and the Safari 2.2 VTT Dicor - this may help you to decide

Cheerio and best of luck
Shankar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks