Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 20:35   #31
BHPian

Good Going KK

*** welcome to the club ***

To start with, I like the color u got, soothing and sober

Interesting topic ~ ur angle on diesel equating with petrol for non-commercial vehicles is possible, but even if the bill gets passed, I was just thinking how will people react to it, what about the Automobile Industry lobby (who may also be funding the political parties) and then last but not the least, how will the gas outlets handle the distribution, I can already visualize lot of black marketing racket by the gas station owners. This topic will become a Hornet's nest for the implementing party and may even lead to their downfall.

KK pl. do post pictures of the vehicle, I am especially keen to see the accessories that you have put.

Folks - One more case of happy customer dealing with the Toyota dealer, u would be surprise to know that in another Scorpio owner forum I see the Scorpio Owners across the country (barring few) highly disgruntled by the high handedness and shoddy job of the Mahindra Dealers

btw. what are these projector lights and angel eyes that you are talking about, Kindly enlighten

and last but not the least

..CNG.. is still an open topic..

Cheers again for KK

Anupam
Old 28th August 2008, 23:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Good Going KK

*** welcome to the club ***

To start with, I like the color u got, soothing and sober

KK pl. do post pictures of the vehicle, I am especially keen to see the accessories that you have put.

Folks - One more case of happy customer dealing with the Toyota dealer, u would be surprise to know that in another Scorpio owner forum I see the Scorpio Owners across the country (barring few) highly disgruntled by the high handedness and shoddy job of the Mahindra Dealers

btw. what are these projector lights and angel eyes that you are talking about, Kindly enlighten

and last but not the least

..CNG.. is still an open topic..

Cheers again for KK

Anupam
whats the meaning of this? how does such a statement hold any value in this thread? i too own a toyota innova and i have also stated in another thead that its service is one of the best in the country, but such unnecessary comparisons lead to catfights if nothing else.
Old 29th August 2008, 04:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
comparisons lead to catfights
Raj, offtopic I..agree, probably I could had put it in a more positive way

Mod. you may remove my comment if possible

though..no offence intended

Cheers
Anupam
Old 29th August 2008, 10:04   #34
BHPian

angel eyes for Innova in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
contact viper on the angel eyes. he can get them for you.
HI Akshay
Is the Angel Eye available in Mumbai ?
What would be the approx cost and where can i source it ?
Ram
Old 29th August 2008, 11:22   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
HI Akshay
Is the Angel Eye available in Mumbai ?
What would be the approx cost and where can i source it ?
Ram
last i checked it was around 20k though it shouldve dropped a little bit. like i said contact viper
Viper Performance India
Old 29th August 2008, 12:54   #36
BHPian

angel eyes

Quote:
last i checked it was around 20k though it shouldve dropped a little bit. like i said contact viper
Viper Performance India
akshay, thanks for the input
Ram
Old 1st September 2008, 15:37   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks much, Anupam. Sure, I'll post the pictures soon. After the recent long drive in the rains, car needed some cleaning.

Quote:
These I presumed are the small but beutiful headlight assembly.. usually came with Beamers and other cars in western world (have seen them on Fiats as well like Punto in UK). I've not seen any other car with these mods in India, of course. If you search the TBHP forums, you'll find some pics too.

Quote:
contact viper on the angel eyes. he can get them for you.
Thanks Akshay.. I PM'd Viper couple of days back.. guess, he is busy.. but thanks for that link. Will explore that.

cheers:
KK
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:35   #38
BHPian

I'm in for the SEAT SWAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
If someone with 8 seater (probably gone for G series) and wanted to have Captain seats, could swap his middle bench seat with the captain seats. This will cost about 15K for workmanship. I was told there is already a big queue for this at Toyota dealers. I did not try with any JC Road guys (typical car accessory shops). If any of you are interested for this swop, most welcome :-)
I am Interested in a SWAP

I just posted a WANTED ad: Team-BHP Classifieds - Innova 8 Seater to 7 Seater Conversion SWAP - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Last edited by btirthankar : 23rd April 2009 at 11:40.
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

We've got a 04' G3 8 seater 2ltr Petrol version.

Engine performance is very impressive. 0-100 in 12.6secs and it can hit 160kmph in no time. Top speed according to vbox is around 180kmph.

The only disadvantage of having a petrol is fuel consumption, you literally need to feather the throttle and cruise at 80-90kmph if you wan't your highway figs in the 13-15kmpl region. The diesel ive heard can manage around 18kmpl with ease.

But then again, the diesel has an option of getting a Pete's or Race Dynamics ECU which gives u a petrol's peformance without sacrificing on FE. And not to forget that diesel Innova's enjoy a far better resale value.

So my advice, get the diesel and fit a performance ECU on it.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 23rd April 2009 at 12:10.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:26   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
The only disadvantage of having a petrol is fuel consumption
As a result of which, the range on a full-tank of fuel is about 50 - 60% of the diesel. We rarely consider this factor, but it is very important for a highway tourer to go a long distance on the same tank.
Old 25th April 2009, 08:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

Shan I feel your Innova is 05 model About Petrol Innova with full tank of 55ltrs it can travel around 550-700km based on driving condition in highway. This is by my personal experience.

In Diesel Innova for same driving conditions one can travel around 700-950km with one full tank.

7 and 8 seator seat swap is one interesting thing I would like to watch out as in future I would like to do as well If I buy pre owned 7 seator as I am looking for 8 seator.

Ravi.
Old 25th April 2009, 08:51   #42
Senior - BHPian

@Ravi,

How is your hunt for the highway cruiser going?
Old 25th April 2009, 13:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

I have seen couple of Innova and Safari, I never sit idle hunt is on. Every vehicle I found is repainted but no major damage.

I missed big chance with 2006 September Petrol Innova 8 seator silver colour, 20,000km driven, owned by top guy in company, but disappointging point is repainted in 5 places (front/back bumpers, left/right doors/fenders) still has couple of scratches. Vehicle's insurance is expired as well. I didn't go aggressively with talk/bargain and i was busy too so missed the deal.

Right time to buy big vehicle for me is October 2009 but I might buy one before that but not sure, I am taking my own time.

I am looking for 8 seator Innova else safari for sure.

Ravi.
Old 26th April 2009, 21:35   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I am looking for 8 seator Innova - Ravi.
Hi Ravi, if you want to buy again then why did you sell your petrol innova
Old 28th April 2009, 23:39   #45
BHPian

Petrol Innova FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Engine performance is very impressive. 0-100 in 12.6secs and it can hit 160kmph in no time. Top speed according to vbox is around 180kmph.

The only disadvantage of having a petrol is fuel consumption, you literally need to feather the throttle and cruise at 80-90kmph if you wan't your highway figs in the 13-15kmpl region. The diesel ive heard can manage around 18kmpl with ease.
Hi Shan2nu,
How are you managing 13-15 kmpl FE? Like you mentioned, I've tried that 80-90 kmph constant cruise sevaral times on long drives (longest being few trips to Hyderabad) but could not get more than 11 kmpl. Did you add any mods to your car? (my little knowledge - I knew only a FFE and a good K&M filter would enhance the FE in a petrol car.. not sure though).
Please let me know.

Thank you.

-KK

BTW, only reason I went for this pre-owend petrol was my budget at that time. For the same budget, I could get a petrol V version compared to a G version Diesel which is still 1.5 to 2 times older and longer driven car. I gave in for the creature comforts of V

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks