Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 03:14   #1
BHPian

Innova - Is this a good deal?

Hi Friends,

After a rather, little, stupid post, , I searched other threads and found some insights into MUV's. Thanks to all of you for sharing your invaluble opinions and experiences.

Here is my speicifc question on Innova.

I've recently come across couple of Innova deals.
A. 2.0 V, Petrol. Feb 2006 model, 40K mileage. Possible deal - 6.5L
B. 2.5 G, Diesel. Jun 2005 model, 32K mileage. Possible deal - 6.9L

1. Independently, are these good deals by themselves?
2. Assuming, Petrol and Diesel both do not make much difference as a choice (I may change the frequency of use based on the mode) then which is a best deal out of these two? (Pardon me, if this is a stupid question again).

I look forward to your responses.

TIA,
KK
Old 4th July 2008, 09:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post

I've recently come across couple of Innova deals.
A. 2.0 V, Petrol. Feb 2006 model, 40K mileage. Possible deal - 6.5L
B. 2.5 G, Diesel. Jun 2005 model, 32K mileage. Possible deal - 6.9L

(Pardon me, if this is a stupid question again).
well kishoryK, it's definetely not a stupid question.
I feel it's the right price for both the vehicles in bangalore. Diesel seems to be slightly over priced by 40-50K
Checkout carwale.com for the pricing
If I were You, I would have gone for the diesel version coz the mileage done is pretty less
Old 4th July 2008, 09:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Go for Diesel as it has less Kms on odo in 3 years, but check for features from that G model. Does it contain all features that you need in MUV.

Petrol model is top-end, but has more Kms on odo in close to 2.5 years.

Bargain more for Diesel, target for 6.5 L.

Also have a look at checklist for used car here, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/18859-article-how-buy-used-car-india.html

Last edited by sukiwa : 4th July 2008 at 09:47.
Old 4th July 2008, 09:31   #4
BHPian

i second sushrutha..
diesel is the choice and try to negotiate still further to come down another 30-40k.
again it also depends on the monthly usage and decide petrol or diesel.
and dont forget to check the service history..
Old 4th July 2008, 09:35   #5
BHPian

kishor, try to negotiate on the diesel.
Seems a nice choice as the mileage run is also much less (for a Toyota in particular)
All the best anyways.
Old 4th July 2008, 09:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

The diesel is a better option. Better mileage and low running costs. and it will bring smiles too
Old 4th July 2008, 09:39   #7
BHPian

No second thoughts, it should be the diesel. 6.5L seems reasonable...
Old 4th July 2008, 13:39   #8
BHPian

Innova deals more details

Thanks friends.
Now that it was not a stupid question, :-), I'd like to add more details -
Frankly, Petrol one really appealed to me (at least visually) for the following reasons:
1. It was very well maintained with almost no scratches and no wear and tear.. looks like a new vehicle, spic-and-span.
2. Being high-end, it comes with Alloys, Tubeless tyres, ABS, Air-bags, Dual AC, anti corrosion coating, etc.

Cons with Petrol are:
1. Low FE
2. Though I don't have plans to resell it in near future, if I do need to do (on some rainy day), I'll not get much value back.

All the Pro's above are missing in the Diesel version. It comes with Single AC, "Okay" type ICE. Also, the reason for low mileage was, it was driven only in the city. also mostly through crowded roads. It shows on the steering wheel and the gear knob, etc (of the wear and tear). Does not look like a new car, need some sprucing up after I buy. This should of course be not a major factor. However, the Pro's for this would be -

- Low mileage
- lower cost of ownership.

However, I do have a question, please do clarify -
- After 3/4 years of use, what's the state fo Diesel cars? Do they require heavy maintenance like earlier diesel ones? Is there anything like maintenance costs exponentially increase with Disel whereas for petrol, it's almost linear, though both might be same during initial periods?

Cheers,
KK
Old 4th July 2008, 22:59   #9
BANNED

hello kishoryk, petrol as u said has more creature comforts that you seem to like, it would be a good buy if around 5.0-5.5l. moreover its a nicely maintained car, so would not have to spend an extra penny.
well, the mileage for diesel if 32k only , is not much. but you mentioned it not being in mint condition. so, better get it checked by some expert, meter reading might have been tampered.
toyota cars are usually easy on maintainance , but that all depends upon the condition of the vehicle.
Old 5th July 2008, 08:09   #10
BHPian

depends on your use kishoryk. if the innova is going to be a second vehicle (meaning not a daily run), the petrol (top end V) would have all the frills. If this vehicle is going to be daily running, then the diesel would be better.

toyota vehicles (petrol & diesel) have been proven in the market and have been built to run for a long time. you wont go wrong on both. think about your requirements and decide. all the best.
Old 9th July 2008, 21:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

I suggest Petrol because you say its nicely maintained vehicle and has lot of features. FE you can expect between 7 - 12kmpl based on driving conditions. Diesel Innova would give you between 9 - 14kmpl based on driving condition.

For that model price is 6 lakhs. Quote your price as 5.5 lakhs start bargain from that price. Before you buy it make sure you check vehicle's history Check with Ravindu and Nandhi Toyota both and make sure you check service history with ODO. Thats how you can find out actualy ODO of the vehicle. Most of the people tend to tap it. I saw even Petrol Innova with tapped ODO. Visit showroom personally and check out the service history. They will give you information for the vehicle registraton you give.

People on earth think they are born to cheat! so be carefull while buying used vehicles.

All the best!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 9th July 2008, 21:38   #12
Team-BHP Support

since you mention the diesel is a single ac one i suggest you get the petrol one. the dual ac makes a big difference.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 9th July 2008 at 21:40.
Old 9th July 2008, 22:00   #13
LLL
BHPian

I would say go for petrol or diesel with rear AC. (get rear ac retrofitted). Its worth it.

Apart from that, you can go in for whatever you personally prefer...
1. Petrol if you prefer abs, alloys, airbags etc
2. diesel for lower cost of ownership.
Old 9th July 2008, 22:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

go for the diesel mate. apart from the above mentioned advantages, the petrol suffers from terrible resale value.
Old 9th July 2008, 23:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

From your posts it looks like you wished the diesel innova had all the options and features as its petrol counterpart. Why dont you look around some more for the 'V' variant in the diesel ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks