Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 12:13   #31
BHPian

I don't have any pictures right now on my PC, let me get back home and see if I have some images from last weekend drive, else will take interior shot and post it here, I choose the black seat covers that matched with the interior of the car, it is supposed to be a Mahindra accessory costed me 6K.
-Pramod
Old 11th September 2008, 00:08   #32
BHPian

Congrats on your Scorpio, Pramod.

The waiting period for the 4wd is about 4 weeks. I bought mine in April 2006. Booked on March 31 and delivered on April 30. Those days the 4wd was sold only in 2.6 DX trim. It cost me Rs 9.38Lakh on-road Delhi. It had 52km on the odo at PDI.

However, early this year, apparently they launched an SLX 4wd version. I've seen a couple of them on the road.

The 2.2 as of now is only available in 4x2.

Cheers,
Old 11th September 2008, 06:55   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Pramod for your efforts! Reason I asked is that my current Aveo and Indica Xeta both have beige interiors and with 2 kids, they are a nightmare to keep clean.

I would much prefer to go for a darker seat fabric or seat cover. Only thing is that if I opt for a VLS, how will the dark seat covers look if the door panels/trim/dash etc are all beige? Won't it look odd?

Looking forward to your pictures.

Another option is of course to ditch the 4x4 idea and buy a cheaper 2.6 CRDE Scorpio and fit seat covers, wider tyres/alloys and fit a Petes tuning box! That would bump up the power/torque to mHawk levels.
Old 11th September 2008, 10:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
However, early this year, apparently they launched an SLX 4wd version. I've seen a couple of them on the road.
Yup, saw a white one the other day, blinked a couple of times because I didn't know that they'd launched 4x4 in SLX.

By the way, I saw GD's post about 4x4 not being available in any engine variant at the moment - neither 2.6, nor 2.2
Old 11th September 2008, 15:35   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
By the way, I saw GD's post about 4x4 not being available in any engine variant at the moment - neither 2.6, nor 2.2
Suman,

I checked with India Garage here in BLR and they had 2 SLX 4x4s in Rocky Beige and Misty Silver. M&M have probably stopped making it but dealers can still order from M&M's stocks I think.

Is it wholly confirmed that M&M will NOT be making 4x4 with the mHawk engine? I recollect several print articles when the mHawk was initally launched stating that the AT and 4x4 would soon follow. Now that the AT is launched, maybe the 4x4 will follow?
Old 11th September 2008, 23:24   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Called up the Mahindra helpline a few days back to check on 2.2 mHawk 4x4 launch. Person I spoke to said that no launch date fixed yet. But mentioned that M&M are working on same concurrently with the AT version.

Meanwhile, it seems that there are limited numbers of SLX 4x4 available (to order?) On road in Bangalore is 11.4 lakhs.

If they can package the 2.2 4x4 with a reasonable price, that would be a superb combination!
M&M needs to work out their troubled gearbox problems soon.

There is lot of vacuum left in this segment, which might be filled in by the Scorp 4*4.

Till then 2WD is anyways a compromise for a buyer.
Old 12th September 2008, 10:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Looking forward to your pictures.
Sorry for not uploading the images yesterday, here are few of the images on the interior, the black seat cover gels well with my vehicle and interior because of the color and pattern, I am not sure if its going to be same for other variants.

-Pramod
PS: all images are from Mobile Cam
Attached Thumbnails
Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT-12092008004.jpg  

Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT-12092008006.jpg  

Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT-12092008007.jpg  

Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT-12092008008.jpg  

Old 12th September 2008, 10:54   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Pramods for the pictures. Tell me, what were the original colour of the seats? Further, what is the dashboard/door panel/roof lining colour? Is it beige or grey? Difficult to make out with the mobilecam pictures!

Looks very nice with the black seats!!
Old 12th September 2008, 11:14   #39
BHPian

Original color of the seat was black with some red pattern mixed in it, the dashboard upper is black and the lower is I believe beige same goes with the other areas, the door trim also had the same matter as the seat with black and red, that's why this seat cover gels well with this black Scorpio, the seat covers are genuine Mahindra accessory for black captain seat model, that are in sync with black and red pattern.

-Pramod
PS: I am not much aware of color "names" can recognize but difficult to describe ;-(
Old 12th September 2008, 19:09   #40
BHPian

Sorry, the color is Grey not beige.
No about my first problem, I noticed an extra "khat" sound when I leave the clutch, it seems like when ever the clutch is depressed, at first initial point this sound comes.
Is this normal for Scorpio or there is some problem with clutch/gearbox? I plan to take the vehicle to service center tomorrow for this, before that wanted to hear from fellow Scorpio owner about this.
I want to tell about and interesting incident that happened today, I went to an engineering college to attend a meeting, after entering the college campus I thought of giving a call to HOD, and pulled the vehicle to left, and was about to make the call suddenly my left side of vehicle with a thud got down, I though a complete blowout of tire but the sound was not making sense, came out to see what happened, and to my surprise the front left side tire was hanging in rain drainage system , the drainage "naali" was 4 feet deep and there was no way I would get out by reverse or forward, there was no place for any external support. Went for the meeting and after the meeting, the process to get my vehicle on all 4 started, I jacked the vehicle at the center left side frame , which made some place for stronger pipes to do go below the Scorpio from left side and from front near the tire with help of these 2 pipes, and 8 human being lifting the vehicle and few people pushing it backward made the escape from that "naali" phew what an experience , at the end Human Power only made this possible, the engine power was just making the wheel spin!!

Now I realize that the size and weight can give you lot of problems, provided you know the limitations of the vehicle, if not careful this type of incident can happen.

-Pramod
PS: Mod can you please change the name of the Thread, as I have already got mHawk 4x2 and now 4x4 is out of picture and reach, I want to continue update this thread with my experience with Scorpio VLX.
Old 12th September 2008, 21:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
the engine power was just making the wheel spin!!
Which wheel?
I think you're talking about the 2.2 mHawk, right?
With the front left in air, surely it was not that wheel spinning under engine power?!
I'm asking because I've 'pulled' out of a very similar situation in my 4WD.
Some judicious use of brakes/handbrake might be required.

Last edited by anupmathur : 12th September 2008 at 21:42.
Old 12th September 2008, 21:49   #42
BHPian

no not the front wheel ;-), it's 4x2 mHawk, rear tires where spinning when I was trying to reverse or forward, I believe 4x4 would have definitely pull itself out of this situation as there was traction for other wheels.

-Pramod
Old 12th September 2008, 22:51   #43
BHPian

Pramod, the twang sound you hear when you release the clutch is probably your clutch spring. It's a known issue on the Scorpio. It can be fixed in a jiffy by the service centre - either they will replace the spring or just lubricate it and align it properly.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Old 12th September 2008, 23:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
Pramod, the twang sound you hear when you release the clutch is probably your clutch spring.
i second roshun's statement. the sound comes from the clutch spring and is easily rectifiable.
Old 13th September 2008, 00:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

I was in a Mahindra dealer 3 weeks ago here making inquiries about Scorpio. The manager I talked to called the factory in front of me and told me that the factory said that they have two 4x4 Scorpio models available, one with the 2.6L motor for 9.6 lakh and the mHawk with the 2.2L motor for 11+change. The dealer told me 2 months delivery.

You had better check for yourself. Mahindra dealers themselves do not know what is going on, the factory keeps them in the dark, and several posters on this site will tell you anything that pops into their heads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks