Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2008, 23:28   #1

Honda CR-V 2008 2.4L A/T

Heya guys!
I wanted to know the best answers to the pros and cons of a 2.4L A/T Honda CR-V 2008 model. The reason being is because I'm considering on buying this SUV latest by the end of this year and I want to be fully prepared before I sign-up for this vehicle.

Please give me the best answers and I will most certainly consider the suggestions that y'all provide.
Old 31st October 2008, 15:27   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

As long as you are fine with the low FE and zero offroadability, what's not to like in the CRV? Though I personally don't think too much of the weird new face, the CRV is a fantastic softroader to own. Its got a great engine, stellar reliability, awesome ride + handling balance and comfortable interiors. However, in the light of competition, you must take the Outlander out for a spin too. It matches the CRV on most aspects, and beats it in a couple too!
Old 31st October 2008, 16:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

To add to what GTO already mentioned, i think CR-V commands a certain kind of prestige particularly brand related. Apart from that, the color green in it is mind blowing and i beileve commands a premium.

Outlander would be a great alternate option, it is well worth checking out this Mivec beast. However, i am not sure if they fall in the same price bracket
Old 31st October 2008, 17:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Current AutocarIndia issue carries a shoot out between CRV and Outlander.
In the end both are more or less evenly placed, but CRV has an edge, only marginally.
According to ACI, CRV scores in the refinment and 'fun to drive' factor.
But Outlander offers slightly more goodies.

You can check the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...pg-6-a-16.html

Eventhough the thread mainly deals with the Outlander, it has serveral references to CRV

Last edited by Guna : 31st October 2008 at 17:12.
Old 31st October 2008, 17:15   #5
BANNED

According to me, Outlander is handsome while CRV is beautiful!
But for a softroader or an SUV, diesel engine is a must IMO, so do look towards Captiva too.
Old 31st October 2008, 19:34   #6

Thanks a lot for all the opinions! I really appreciate the prompt replies.
Old 1st November 2008, 16:20   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
But for a softroader or an SUV, diesel engine is a must IMO, so do look towards Captiva too.
Autocar (Nov) mentions that Captiva is due with Auto transmission in January. How true? Can you Wait?
Old 2nd November 2008, 02:25   #8

For some reason I'm not comfortable with the Chevy tag than what I am with a Honda tag. I drove a lot of Chevy's in the U. S and they were not really as pleasing as I expected them to be. Also, you guys have commented on the Captiva being some what similar to the CR-V which infact is true at one point.
Old 2nd November 2008, 10:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravggupta View Post
For some reason I'm not comfortable with the Chevy tag than what I am with a Honda tag. I drove a lot of Chevy's in the U. S and they were not really as pleasing as I expected them to be. Also, you guys have commented on the Captiva being some what similar to the CR-V which infact is true at one point.
But we also know that Captiva is a Daewoo product rebadged as Chevy.
Old 2nd November 2008, 10:57   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
According to me, Outlander is handsome while CRV is beautiful!
IMO the previous CRV was smart looking while the present one is outright ugly. Honda tried to make it bigger looking and messed up with the design. I find the Outlander much better looking and balanced than the present CRV.
Old 2nd November 2008, 11:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
IMO the previous CRV was smart looking while the present one is outright ugly. Honda tried to make it bigger looking and messed up with the design. I find the Outlander much better looking and balanced than the present CRV.
I agree. I feel the styling should look purposeful and should not look forced. Styling of CRV is overdone and there is no cohessiveness/integrity.
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:25   #12

Apparently, the new CR-V has been doing really good out in the U. S and U. K for some reason and people do like the SUV on the whole. I haven't seen any Outlanders in the U. S until now (I'm in the states at the moment) and whoever I've asked which SUV to buy suggested that I go for a CR-V cause of its flexibility. However, I do appreciate all your comments no matter what but for some reason I'm kinda attached to the CR-V haha... I haven't heard much about the 2.4L A/T version being used by any of you members out here, could you guys tell me more about this model?
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

The CR-V is a pretty amazing car.
I've driven both the CRV as well as the outlander and all i can say is for driving pleasure and a feel-good-factor , CRV is the one to go for.

One solution to every problem : When in doubt , go for HONDA!
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:47   #14
BHPian

The CRV is undoubtly an amazing ride. But it is only available in Petrol versions. In a country where the fuel prices touching the skies, this is a draw back and could drive the buyers to other options, unless determined for the Honda value.
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:20   #15
BHPian

If you've made up your mind just go and buy CRV. It is a nice car. If you think you would need to do some off - roading as well, I would strongly recommend Mitsubishi Outlander.

Having driven both recently, Outlander is a better overall package and VFM than CRV. Take a test drive on a good road and a bad one too, you'll know what I am referring to. Outlander will give you more power, higher max speed, paddle shifters, 6 gears, turn dial for 2WD / 4 WD / Lock, higher ground clearence etc etc

But somebody rightly said, when in doubt go for Honda. That is the reason why Honda could sell that tin box called "City" for so many years in India without providing some very basic features in it. People lapped it up when the EXi / GXI models were at 77 bhp power, shade more than Zen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks