Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 23:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

And you know what, all this happened because you opened the thread and disappeared . You and us might have missed a lot of positive output because no inputs from you.

So, your inputs please, to make in more useful thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
@ everyone who's replied : Sorry guys, I've gone through all the posts only now & want to say thanks for your frank opinion.

@ gd1418 :One of the best replies, that your wife does not want to drive any other vehicle now -answers my question.

Still no clues about GX version?

Not only this but on various threads certain posts indicate a sense personal war among few bhpians, which is really bad. Instead, we should fight with issues like terrorism

As sensible & knowledgable individuals we form such a beautiful community, for which we should be proud of ourselves.

So, let's be true to ourselves & restrict the content of posts as per requirement of a thread rather than my car Vs your car.

Cheers!
Old 4th December 2008, 23:33   #92
Senior - BHPian

Well friends before buying safari I use to drive M800 regularly and my fathers open Corsa bt mostly it was my CBZ , First time I drove a safari it was for TD and I never felt any thing odd or different apart from road felt smooth.
The reason was that I was a reglar CBZ rider so my eyes were set for approximately same hight bt in case yo are moving to Safari from a low floor seaden yo will have this problem of hanging in the Air and it wil take some time to adjst,
Old 5th December 2008, 00:37   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_D View Post
Actually, we had one friend who wanted to gather certain information about his next possible buy and he specifically wanted to know if Safari would be a good buy for him considering his requirements.
All he needed were some pros and cons to help him make up his mind. These can be best expressed by people who own these vehicles and drive them regularly.
He did not want comparisons or somebody's love for his Scorpio or any xyz vehicle.
That is exactly what I wanted from the thread!

It is my personal decision to put Safari on top of my priority list after test drives, reviews, driving different cars of colleagues/ friends/ relatives.
It is not that Scorpio is a bad vehicle, as a matter of fact i found M-hawk engine more refined than 2.2 VTT, again personal liking. Yes, Innova's engine is best among the three but its taxi image is an issue. A Safari with Toyota engine would be an ideal vehicle.

As my monthly driving would be 2500 km, so a Diesel car is an obvious choice.That puts G3HC, SX4 out picture. Swift/ dzire Vdi, Indigo & logan is not my choice.
That leaves Fiesta, Verna & Magnum in race. I 've seen fiesta's Tdci engine scream for more power during my various trips on NH-1. Though I'll not use it, but my head touches the roof in the back seat of Verna. Magnum is too sophisticated & a GM car.

Xylo & linea are yet to be launched, so can't comment w/o TD or seeing them in flesh, so I included them in my list because both would be launched by next month (hopefully). Infact, i20 may also get sneek in, if launched before Feb'09 becuse this could be one hatch with liberal space inside & futuristic interiors.

I know that within a couple of weeks, I'll get used to driving this vehicle in crawling traffic but my intention was to obtain a fair opinion from the Safari owners. Whereas, more than 50% of posts discuss about something else.

Anyway, my queries have been resolved, Mods may close this thread if they want to (as I'll be too busy in Mumbai to provide any inputs in this thread).

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by breezydrive : 5th December 2008 at 00:39.
Old 5th December 2008, 01:04   #94
Team-BHP Support

This thread will remain closed as of now since the thread owner has met his objectives. It can be re-opened as and when required on specific request.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks