Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 20:31   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Knowing nothing about this vehicle, I just took a look at the website.

The thing that really astonished me was the price: this is an incredible amount of vehicle for the money!
Old 12th June 2010, 12:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Knowing nothing about this vehicle, I just took a look at the website.

The thing that really astonished me was the price: this is an incredible amount of vehicle for the money!

Xylo is definitely a Value for Money proposition!

Love the handling of the vehicle. Got a good pick up for a "big" vehicle!

Last edited by urban_legend : 12th June 2010 at 12:56.
Old 12th June 2010, 13:18   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

How is the build quality?
Old 12th June 2010, 13:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
How is the build quality?
Honestly, the interiors require a little bit more pruning. Otherwise the build and handling is pretty strong. The 2.5L engine definitely delivers. What i liked about Xylo was its comparison to a Sedan. Though initially found it a bit far stretched, but then to an extent i can digest that claim! Dont find it bulky. It pretty much sticks on the road unlike Scorpio which is wobbly. My wife drives it and she is pretty comfy with the drive quality.

The intial FE is around 12-13 KMPL (though would get the actual picture only after the first service at 5K kms). The sales guy told me that I should get around 11KMPL.
Old 12th June 2010, 14:31   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting stuff.

I have never wanted an SUV (I've never wanted a sports car, either) but, just lately, the quality of some of the roads I drive on has made my mind wander in that direction. However, they are shortcuts, and as a one-or-twice-a-week driver, the choice between tailoring the car to those km or two of very rough road, or going the long way around, is an obvious one.
Old 12th June 2010, 15:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats urban_legend on getting the XYLO.

Your tale is very crisp and to the point.

Coming to the cars, I found the XYLO to be an awesome VFM for the price it comes at. Good choice!

P.S: By any chance did you TD the Bolero TD. It has the same drive train as the XYLO and with a light body, its good to drive. Front row for drivers is good and space thereafter is a constraint. But one heck to drive. I suggest you do a TD just for fun sake sometime.

P.P.S: I'm very soon going to add the XYLO ECM onto my Bolero
Old 12th June 2010, 15:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Congrats urban_legend on getting the XYLO.

Your tale is very crisp and to the point.

Coming to the cars, I found the XYLO to be an awesome VFM for the price it comes at. Good choice!

P.S: By any chance did you TD the Bolero TD. It has the same drive train as the XYLO and with a light body, its good to drive. Front row for drivers is good and space thereafter is a constraint. But one heck to drive. I suggest you do a TD just for fun sake sometime.

P.P.S: I'm very soon going to add the XYLO ECM onto my Bolero
Thanks MC.

I did not do the Bolero TD. Since now you have given me the idea, i shall try to get the TD of Bolero.

I saw your Bolero with the new tyres, looks pretty sleak MC. Way to go!

Go ahead and pimp the Bolero!
Old 12th June 2010, 15:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting stuff.

I have never wanted an SUV (I've never wanted a sports car, either) but, just lately, the quality of some of the roads I drive on has made my mind wander in that direction. However, they are shortcuts, and as a one-or-twice-a-week driver, the choice between tailoring the car to those km or two of very rough road, or going the long way around, is an obvious one.
My vehicle is a owner driven one. I do quiet a lot of driving - 90kms per day (highway+city). Ofcourse atleast couple of weekends in a month I'm on the road heading somewhere! So i guess that was primarily the reason to go for the heavy machinery!

On a utility perspective, I think if you intend to use it sparingly and not as the carrier of the extended Indian family, then would suggest to settle for the mundane sedans!
Old 12th June 2010, 16:05   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

... or hatchbacks even.

Which is why I'm lusting after a Micra. Or Polo.

Or Jetta or Civic or Micra or Polo.

I'll make up my mind some time this year --- and for the one or two of us that is the usual maximum, your monster would be way over the top!

That really is a lot of driving. I would find it exhausting! If, though, I ever did start covering those sort of distances, even regularly, let alone daily, the comfort and reduced fatigue qualities of a much larger vehicle would certainly be in order.

Enjoy! It looks as if you intend to
Old 12th June 2010, 16:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_legend View Post
Thanks MC.

I did not do the Bolero TD. Since now you have given me the idea, i shall try to get the TD of Bolero.

I saw your Bolero with the new tyres, looks pretty sleak MC. Way to go!

Go ahead and pimp the Bolero!
Now when did I change tyres? Mine is still running on the OEM Bridgestones.

I'm not going to pimp mine as all that will go off in 1 drive inside the jungle.
Old 12th June 2010, 16:33   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Now when did I change tyres? Mine is still running on the OEM Bridgestones.

I'm not going to pimp mine as all that will go off in 1 drive inside the jungle.

Hmmmm. i think i bumped into someone else's Bolero then! I'm sure you can if not go for the "whole hog pimping", do the sutle changes. Mahindra do give an option for customising. I plan to do that after a while, but definitely would do it!

I had thoroughly enjoyed your travelogue to Ladakh! You had a super trip! I plan do it myself this summer, would love to hear inputs on that. Already got another thread running on that front.

Cheers!
Old 12th June 2010, 16:39   #27
BHPian

Quote:
... or hatchbacks even.

Which is why I'm lusting after a Micra. Or Polo.

Or Jetta or Civic or Micra or Polo.

I'll make up my mind some time this year --- and for the one or two of us that is the usual maximum, your monster would be way over the top!

That really is a lot of driving. I would find it exhausting! If, though, I ever did start covering those sort of distances, even regularly, let alone daily, the comfort and reduced fatigue qualities of a much larger vehicle would certainly be in order.

Enjoy! It looks as if you intend to
I like the Civic, its got something which is really "attractive"!

I know its crazy to drive so long and work the rest of the day. But i love to drive, so got used to it now. Another reason being that none of my drivers have been sticking on around for long!

Yes i definitely am gonna enjoy the ride!
Old 12th June 2010, 16:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmmm. i think i bumped into someone else's Bolero then! I'm sure you can if not go for the "whole hog pimping", do the sutle changes. Mahindra do give an option for customising. I plan to do that after a while, but definitely would do it!

I had thoroughly enjoyed your travelogue to Ladakh! You had a super trip! I plan do it myself this summer, would love to hear inputs on that. Already got another thread running on that front.

Cheers!
Sir,

I like my vehicles to be stock. As a matter of fact, I haven't even put any tints as they hinder in my peripheral vision during night drives.The only change that I did was throw out the Mahindra HU (Kenwood Make) and plonk another Kenwood HU from my other vehicle. My office is only 2 Kms from my house but I still have done about 26k+ in 1.1 Yrs . Hence I like my warranty. After chassis and engine, I'm now getting my rear suspension replaced. During on one these periods I had the XYLO E8 for a whole month. Good vehicle and enough to scare people on the road :P
Old 12th June 2010, 17:07   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I like the Civic, its got something which is really "attractive"!
And the Accord too. Very nice cars. And how about the CRV? I was in one as a passenger, last year, in UK... very impressive; an SUV that does not feel huge. But, hey, the price :(
Old 14th June 2010, 12:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Sir,

I like my vehicles to be stock. As a matter of fact, I haven't even put any tints as they hinder in my peripheral vision during night drives.The only change that I did was throw out the Mahindra HU (Kenwood Make) and plonk another Kenwood HU from my other vehicle. My office is only 2 Kms from my house but I still have done about 26k+ in 1.1 Yrs . Hence I like my warranty. After chassis and engine, I'm now getting my rear suspension replaced. During on one these periods I had the XYLO E8 for a whole month. Good vehicle and enough to scare people on the road :P
Planning to install JBL GTO 497 onto the rear. The Nippon speakers (Courtsey Mahindras!) are totally blunt and does'nt sound good.

From a Swift to Xylo, am loving every bit of showing who is the boss on the road! good fun!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks