Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 13:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson - is it a good buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Regarding the rear wiper for Tucson - the entire assembly (plastic housing + rubber blade) is available (and that's priced at 1900). Only rubber blade is not available - the SA was sad to find this in the database and has promised me to come up with a workaround...
Wiper Blade (Rubber blade with metallic holders which slots into the plastic frame) is indeed available separately. I've changed it twice in the last few years. Will dig up the price details from old receipts and post it here. IIRC, the pricing for the rubber blade was normal.

Its the plastic frame alone which cost Rs.1900. I myself opened the sealed box before replacement and also verified the printed price as well to be the same.
Old 6th July 2011, 13:36   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Wiper Blade (Rubber blade with metallic holders which slots into the plastic frame) is indeed available separately. I've changed it twice in the last few years. Will dig up the price details from old receipts and post it here. IIRC, the pricing for the rubber blade was normal.

Great. Please share the part no. and price so that I can ask the SA to order the same for me.

Cheers!
Old 6th July 2011, 13:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
hence, for me, it is either wait and watch for the right used Tucson, or wait for one of these guys to decide to sell OR shut up and wait for the Renault Duster whenever it comes.
the more I think about it, the less I am inclined to leap into anything just now - might as well wait and watch a bit - at least another few months before taking a final decision and executing the same!
Shankar, Just got to see this in classifieds.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...i/Tucson.html/

The beast looks neatly maintained and running in descent mileage considering its model.
The price quoted is also fine and still negotiable .
Just a suggestion, Try this out if you have any source to inspect. Bringing it here and re-registering will not be a big deal if the owner provides the required NOC's.

Though if you are not interested in this, all the best for getting a good one that meets your liking and budget.

Last edited by BulZire : 6th July 2011 at 13:57.
BulZire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 14:00   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

thanks for the thought. but it is not practical to bring it down all the way from Delhi. plus the irritation of re-registering etc is not something I would like to get into at all.
in my book it is better to buy direct within the state of residence if at all buying a second hand vehicle.
cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Shankar, Just got to see this in classifieds.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...i/Tucson.html/

The beast looks neatly maintained and running in descent mileage considering its model.
The price quoted is also fine and still negotiable .
Just a suggestion, Try this out if you have any source to inspect. Bringing it here and re-registering will not be a big deal if the owner provides the required NOC's.

Though if you are not interested in this, all the best for getting a good one that meets your liking and budget.
Old 17th July 2011, 14:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Great. Please share the part no. and price so that I can ask the SA to order the same for me.

Cheers!
Just dug up one of the old bills and here is what I see.

Quote:
9882105000 BLADE-W/SHLD WIPER 1 41.42
I'm sure it was the Rear Wiper blade assembly which was changed since I've asked them to. Now seeing that the cost is only Rs.41.42, I'm wondering whether they replaced just the rubber blade.
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:54   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I'm sure it was the Rear Wiper blade assembly which was changed since I've asked them to. Now seeing that the cost is only Rs.41.42, I'm wondering whether they replaced just the rubber blade.
Thank you. Will check this today. Hope they have it in stock for me...
Old 23rd July 2011, 08:50   #37

Hi guys, even I'm looking for a well-worshipped Tuc. The 6.5-7.5 l price tag is truly alluring. As of now, I've not come across a single Tuc on sale at any dealers here in Ahmedabad.
Would be my first pre-owned vehicle, and ideally registered in Gujarat.
Please do keep me posted if any updates.
Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:11   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

9882105000 BLADE-W/SHLD WIPER 1 41.42

Hi Anoop,

According to my SA, this part no. belongs to Santro.
So you also have a Santro for which you had changed the rear wiper blade, by any chance?

I just uploaded the correct part numbers for the Tucson wiper blade assemblies in my ownership thread.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:43   #39
BHPian

Quote:
According to my SA, this part no. belongs to Santro.
So you also have a Santro for which you had changed the rear wiper blade, by any chance?
No...I don't have a Santro.
I'm not sure though whether they just used the rubber blade from a Santro on the Tucson...Since it is working well and I've not been overcharged, I'm fine even if it is from Santro...

I'm going the the ASC next week and will confirm once again.
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:23   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure though whether they just used the rubber blade from a Santro on the Tucson...Since it is working well and I've not been overcharged, I'm fine even if it is from Santro...
Of course. In fact, I told them the same thing - even if it's from Santro bin, use it if it fits. But then they found the "appropriate" one for the Tucson so I did not push.
Old 11th August 2011, 19:47   #41
BANNED

Quick Call boys and girls!

What's the Hyundai Tucson's ground clearance in comparison to the 210mm of the 4WD Duster?
Can these two vehicles be directly compared to each other more or less based on the International Market? Are they direct competition to each other outside India?
Suppose Hyundai had made the Tucson in India would they have been able to price it significantly cheaper than the last heard of price in 2007, of 18.5 lacs on road Bangalore? If yes, then what could the price have been?

Would love some perspectives on this please!
cheers!
Old 7th December 2014, 14:37   #42

Hello Friends. This thread is of 2010 -11. Does it make a sense to buy a pre owned Tucson now? I may be getting one with 90K mileage, 4X4, top model (?) of 2005 for about Rs 3.5Lakh. Would it also mean issues with spares?
Old 7th December 2014, 17:09   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roorkeewal View Post
Hello Friends. This thread is of 2010 -11. Does it make a sense to buy a pre owned Tucson now? I may be getting one with 90K mileage, 4X4, top model (?) of 2005 for about Rs 3.5Lakh. Would it also mean issues with spares?
The Tucson's lights have long faded out in India. I would not touch one now with a barge pole, however long.

Most of them have passed on to second and even third owners. Definitely not a happy risk to take in my book!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 15:33   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roorkeewal View Post
As you probably already know, it's a discontinued model. If you are OK with this, then it depends on the condition of the particular piece. Hyundai support and availability of spares is not an issue. You can read my ownership experience here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...placed-26.html

I recommend you read it backwards so that you can first read about problems faced and parts replaced recently (after the car put on 1 lakh+ kilometers).

BTW, only one version of Tucson was sold in India, so there is no notion of "top end".

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 8th December 2014 at 15:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks