Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 19:58   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Just saw this thread Ragul and Hearty Congratulations. Getting this vehicle as your primary ride is definitely a matter of your heart. Just to think of, i sold my wagonr earlier this year and got a used Gypsy. Now trying and thinking of 'how to' on stuff like AC, Suspension etc. One thing, whether your family likes it or not, your friends will love the vehicle for what it is. Hope you get the keys soon.

Cheers,
Raj

Thanks Raj. Bimal called me today and said Delivery was confirmed for next month i.e November! Yipee!!

I make payment tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Thanks for this thread and all the useful information you are posting about your buying experience. You've already saved me some effort by identifying which dealer in Bangalore to approach. Following this thread very closely, before I too make that dream booking!
There probably is a large manufacturing batch coming out, if you book now, you can avoid a 3 month wait No telling what the waiting period will be after 3 months!!

Cheers
Old 26th October 2010, 11:12   #32
BANNED

Update: My Gypsy is being dispatched today from the Factory.

I think Maruti is trying very hard to deliver during Diwali. In another 15 days my new princess will be in my hands ... heheheheh

From booking on the 7th october to delivery by the 10th, it will be only slightly longer than one month to deliver!! Is that a record for a civilian Gypsy?

Cheers
Old 26th October 2010, 11:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Update: My Gypsy is being dispatched today from the Factory.

I think Maruti is trying very hard to deliver during Diwali. In another 15 days my new princess will be in my hands ... heheheheh

From booking on the 7th october to delivery by the 10th, it will be only slightly longer than one month to deliver!! Is that a record for a civilian Gypsy?

Cheers
So, what colour is it finally?
White or Silver? There ain't any colour like Non-Metallic Silver.
If its silver, i guess it is a record
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 26th October 2010, 22:57   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
So, what colour is it finally?
White or Silver? There ain't any colour like Non-Metallic Silver.
If its silver, i guess it is a record
Cheers,
Deepak
Silky metallic Silver You really think non-metallic silver looks good?!! I am afraid it will look like those holi colors they put on peoples faces

Cheers
Old 26th October 2010, 22:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Silky metallic Silver You really think non-metallic silver looks good?!! I am afraid it will look like those holi colors they put on peoples faces

Cheers
No Sirji. What i meant is, there is only one silver colour available in Gypsy.
The silver colour is metallic and they charge about 3K extra compared to white/red.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 1st November 2010, 21:59   #36
BHPian

congrats Ragul on your new Gypsy. Did you enquire about how they made the Gypsy BS IV, is it a new engine or some other modification ?
Old 1st November 2010, 23:03   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy4u View Post
congrats Ragul on your new Gypsy. Did you enquire about how they made the Gypsy BS IV, is it a new engine or some other modification ?

The showroom salesman is "confident" it is K series engine. But he has never heard of the K12M used in Ritz or new Swift. The Maruti Bangalore regional sales manager is also "confident" it is the "K" series engine. But after 6 phone calls (4 of which he avoided) he was too lazy to call Gurgaon and confirm even for a customer who had paid booking amount. His tone After one week and repeat missed calls was an exasperated "I don't know saar ... what all you are asking man??!" That too after committing to me he would call back in 10 mins to confirm in my first call the week before

But the salesman told me it is 85bhp@6000rpm. This matches the K12M.

It will come by 5th maybe, but with Diwali holiday, I will be able to do PDI only on the 7th Monday. Still one month waiting from booking date is good compared to 3 months "promised" by default!!

Cheers

Last edited by Ragul : 1st November 2010 at 23:05.
Old 1st November 2010, 23:12   #38
BHPian

Oh I see. I guess you will be the first one on T-BHP to own a BS IV Gypsy.

The BS III was 80bhp@6000 rpm. So the engine will remain a mystery till you actually get the delivery post-Diwali.

Keep us posted on the engine details and also some pics of the new baby.

Cheers
Old 5th November 2010, 12:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ragul, just a few days left for you to get the keys

Further on the 'New' Gypsy, my friend has a contact at Navnit Motors, Thane and that contact confirmed that the a new gypsy in petrol version is coming with better ride quality. He might get a test vehicle in the coming 2-3 weeks and will invite my friend for a test drive. Meanwhile its seems that Navnit Motors, Thane have also got bookings for 37 Gypsys in October 2010. All thane registered.

So i guess what Ragul is saying is correct. Just waiting to see what MUL have done to get the ride quality better.

Happy Diwali
Cheers,
Raj
Old 5th November 2010, 14:43   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Hey Ragul, just a few days left for you to get the keys

Further on the 'New' Gypsy, my friend has a contact at Navnit Motors, Thane and that contact confirmed that the a new gypsy in petrol version is coming with better ride quality. He might get a test vehicle in the coming 2-3 weeks and will invite my friend for a test drive. Meanwhile its seems that Navnit Motors, Thane have also got bookings for 37 Gypsys in October 2010. All thane registered.

So i guess what Ragul is saying is correct. Just waiting to see what MUL have done to get the ride quality better.

Happy Diwali
Cheers,
Raj

The K12M engine should be more refined and smoother than the G13BB. Then I hope they have done a great job with the engine mounting to reduce NVH.

I hope to do PDI on Monday, if it arrives at the yard over the weekend.

Cheers
Old 5th November 2010, 17:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The showroom salesman is "confident" it is K series engine. But he has never heard of the K12M used in Ritz or new Swift. The Maruti Bangalore regional sales manager is also "confident" it is the "K" series engine.

But the salesman told me it is 85bhp@6000rpm. This matches the K12M.

Cheers
Quote:
Further on the 'New' Gypsy, my friend has a contact at Navnit Motors, Thane and that contact confirmed that the a new gypsy in petrol version is coming with better ride quality.

These 2 statements are of great interest. There's nothing that can match the Gypsy's strengths. These improvements will take out the weaknesses as well!

Hooked on to this thread Ragul. Please update when you receive the car!
Old 6th November 2010, 16:22   #42
BHPian

Hey Ragul,
I came to your thread today, expecting some pictures of your new ride (delivery around diwali) but a tad dissapointed. waiting to see the new gypsy as it arrives. i think its going to be the first BSIV gypsy on tbhp. do keep posted
Old 8th November 2010, 19:25   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Hey Ragul,
I came to your thread today, expecting some pictures of your new ride (delivery around diwali) but a tad dissapointed. waiting to see the new gypsy as it arrives. i think its going to be the first BSIV gypsy on tbhp. do keep posted

Patience!! The evil forces sent a cyclone in the path of the truck while it was in transit around Andhra. The shipment has been delayed by a few days.

I expect it to arrive at the yard around Wednesday, and collect it on Friday.

cheers
Old 8th November 2010, 23:06   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Actually, I spoke too soon. The silver gypsy in the pic appears to be non-metallic. The Metallic one is simply something else!!! Besides I did plan on changing bumpers and fenders, so only the grill will remain black. This does not increase the upgrade items on my list by much - ignoring added expenses on alloys for the moment.

The personal factor against metallic silver and shiny alloys for me is more of the flashy metrosexual styling. Me more tuned to rugged "Tiger Lipton Chai" look if you know what I mean. Unfortunately pearl off-white is not an option and "superior white" shade might make me feel normal boring and inferior.

Cheers
AAAArrrrrgh! I think I picked the wrong colour (Shriek!!) !! I just looked at a brochure online again and I think the one I saw really look stunning (in real life on the road) was a Misty Bronze one reflecting light in a way to deceive me into thinking it was a silver one (with a warmish cocooned bronze hue)!! Too late!!!

The printed brochure probably did not have good color reproduction, hence I rejected the bronze color choice in showroom during booking. But (holding my breath until wednesday) my monitor can't be very accurate either so now I am dazed and confused!! I have to live with it for 10 years now before I can think about repainting it - to justify the expense.

Sssiiiiiiiigghhh! Sob!

Last edited by Ragul : 8th November 2010 at 23:13.
Old 8th November 2010, 23:28   #45
BHPian

Ahh don't worry Ragul, a gypsy looks good in any color. Hooked on to this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks