Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 19:32   #31
BHPian

Re: Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
There are 2 busas in this pic .http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...ollow-tdi3.jpg . More pics of them .

Did they also join the ride ? .whose busas are those ?
Purely on this thread but you can see additional images of them on this thread...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...12noon-30.html

Last edited by f1fan : 17th January 2012 at 19:35.
f1fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 16:24   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...

The beauties displayed at Frankfurt airport!
Attached Thumbnails
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc02952.jpg  

Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc02953.jpg  

Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc02955.jpg  

Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc02958.jpg  

Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc02959.jpg  

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 18:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Just something that we do -
Hope you like it !

Unadulterated Mumbai roads. Bandra to Town
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 20:59   #34
BHPian

No signals were broken during the making of this video

Do watch it in HQ

Last edited by fre2bpowerless : 29th February 2012 at 21:11.
Old 1st March 2012, 01:09   #35

:speechless! Although the Audis looked amazingly gorgeous, the Discovery 4 was sheer madness

BTW, I'm intrigued to know which is the better engine between the two - the TDI or the TFSI? I also know that this question is invalid for most of the TBHP junta. Still, is a side-by-side drag possible on the Sea-Link (with rear cameras mounted on both titans) No seriously - not everyone gets to peek outside a speeding A4 na
Old 1st March 2012, 09:24   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurangsaini View Post
:speechless! Although the Audis looked amazingly gorgeous, the Discovery 4 was sheer madness

BTW, I'm intrigued to know which is the better engine between the two - the TDI or the TFSI? I also know that this question is invalid for most of the TBHP junta. Still, is a side-by-side drag possible on the Sea-Link (with rear cameras mounted on both titans) No seriously - not everyone gets to peek outside a speeding A4 na
If your talkin about the Deutsch Dash Audis, they're a 3.2 FSI (T in TFSI means turbo) and 3.0 Tdi.

We can't drag on the link, speed limit is 50km/hr but yea we've been toyin with the idea for some time.
Old 1st March 2012, 14:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, I'm intrigued to know which is the better engine between the two - the TDI or the TFSI?
I don't drive a Audi but would like to put forward my point.

Specs wise both of them are more or less the same with few milliseconds here there. It the end it all boils down to driving skills and reaction time in a drag even if your car may be slower than other by few milliseconds.

Every car behaves differently with different drivers.
Old 1st March 2012, 19:55   #38
BHPian

Awesome pics and a great idea guys. I wanna do one in Delhi now.

Last edited by Zkalra : 1st March 2012 at 19:59.
Old 1st March 2012, 21:36   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061
Specs wise both of them are more or less the same with few milliseconds here there. It the end it all boils down to driving skills and reaction time in a drag even if your car may be slower than other by few milliseconds.

Every car behaves differently with different drivers.
True, that

Anyway, a better way of putting my doubt forward would be this: Both here are Audi A4s. Both have Quattro. And both have the same 6-speed manumatic tranny (as per my knowledge). If the accelerator is just floored, which one of these two will be funner when you reach 100?

I've never driven a diesel sedan. What I'm trying to figure out here is the basic difference between the power delivery/drivability of both Audi engines. If there isn't any, then why do people prefer one over the other?
Old 2nd March 2012, 00:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo
Just something that we do -
Hope you like it !

Unadulterated Mumbai roads. Bandra to Town
@2.49 looks like they probably flew over the speed bump outside NAB at that speed )

Last edited by GTO : 6th April 2012 at 14:02. Reason: Removing video from quoted post as it inconveniences our mobile users.
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Your question cant be answered. Both are absolutely peaches ! Priceless engines in their own right. They have their own very distinct plus points. Only anwer is - BOTH ARE GREAT.
As f2bp said, legally a drag would be an insane thing to do considering the kind of drivers we have on our roads and the fact that the sea link sometimes has those speed cameras only makes it riskier.
We are considering it nonetheless.
Soon enough if all goes well.

Quote:

Anyway, a better way of putting my doubt forward would be this: Both here are Audi A4s. Both have Quattro. And both have the same 6-speed manumatic tranny (as per my knowledge). If the accelerator is just floored, which one of these two will be funner when you reach 100?

I've never driven a diesel sedan. What I'm trying to figure out here is the basic difference between the power delivery/drivability of both Audi engines. If there isn't any, then why do people prefer one over the other?
Fun will be yielded in both the cars but the way in which it happens is miles apart.
In the NA V6 first of all the sound that thing makes is really beautiful. Since there is zero lag ,right from the word go there is a linear delivery of power and all hell breaks loose. Its a very free revving engine,this one and you just dont feel like letting go of the accelerator despite the instant fuel consumption gauge showing figures like - 2.1/3.5 etc.
F2bp can elaborate on the 3.2

As far as the 3.0 TDi is concerned, press that pedal, for a fraction of a second you wonder why nothing is happening but whilst you are busy with that thought , you realize that you have suddenly crossed a dimension and are entering a new one at fearsome speeds. There is nothing linear about it, its blistering and brutal. This too has a pleasurable sound of its own in Sport mode.
Being a turbocharged engine , that little amount of lag is there but once you are used to it , you perfectly know how to handle it and get quick responses out of the car. The gearbox in both the cars is a winner in itself.
Just one thing matters in the 3.0 - 500NM, 500NM & 500NM

Verdict with both these cars is, similar pace but very different character.
Fun personified.
They will never be just A4s
F2bp will agree.

To answer the later half of your post, in India people predominantly choose a car on the same basic parameters - Running, Mileage/ Fuel efficiency.
If power, driving pleasure etc was a passion, you would see tons of 3.2/3.0 , Audi S4 etc around wont you ? Fact is, we dont.
The price of petrol also plays a major role off late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfreak7 View Post
@2.49 looks like they probably flew over the speed bump outside NAB at that speed )
Sure was. That 2.5 tonne + elephant was doing some serious speeds.
It caught us both (Audi's) by surprise with the speeds it was doing. Imagine.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 2nd March 2012 at 11:15.
Old 2nd March 2012, 13:17   #42
BHPian

Even performance diesels fail to take off here, how many 530d's or Audi 3.0's can be spot. Auto enthusiasts are a rare breed indeed.

I couldn't have explained the performance of our A4's better.
The 3.0 with its monumental torque figures makes for a scary mid range punch whereas the 3.2 is more linear and gets louder, angrier, meaner till its 7k rpm peak

Watching 2.5 km/l at full throttle can be unsettling to most but on our drive that night, I average 7 km/l, very decent considering....
Old 3rd March 2012, 23:09   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo

As far as the 3.0 TDi is concerned, press that pedal, for a fraction of a second you wonder why nothing is happening but whilst you are busy with that thought , you realize that you have suddenly crossed a dimension and are entering a new one at fearsome speeds. There is nothing linear about it, its blistering and brutal.
That's the beauty of TDi's I guess. On lower rpms it is a tamed beast on a leash. But once it crosses that mark, God bless you for waking up the monster!
After you get to know the engine, the tug when the turbo kicks in becomes addictive. Linear becomes boring. The initial lag excites you about what is going to follow!
Old 4th March 2012, 08:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Mad drives, all in all around 3000 nm torque and over 1700 horses and more by the next drive

And as akshay1234 said, we're always happy to add more hp to our group
Fre nice garage there. What is an Audi B8 though as mentioned in your sig??

Last edited by Zkalra : 4th March 2012 at 08:04.
Old 4th March 2012, 10:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
Fre nice garage there. What is an Audi B8 though as mentioned in your sig??

B8 is the model code of the A4 we drive like the 530d you have is an F10.
The earlier one used to be an e60

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks