Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2012, 03:13   #61
BHPian

Re: Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...

Looks like I missed this one, have sent a request on FB, that I check more often.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:46   #62
Team-BHP Support

Re: Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...

Theres another drive coming up. Anyone who is interested get in touch with one of us. This drive is probably to Lavasa.
Old 21st June 2012, 15:13   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
Theres another drive coming up. Anyone who is interested get in touch with one of us. This drive is probably to Lavasa.
So when is it? I am interested for sure. Just tell me the dates and times. So I can plan accordingly.
Old 21st June 2012, 22:34   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
So when is it? I am interested for sure. Just tell me the dates and times. So I can plan accordingly.

Date not fixed yet. Once it is ,itl be in here.
Old 2nd July 2012, 17:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

Deutsche Dashes : Aamby Valley 1 July 2012

Long time since there had been a DDT drive and this one was no exception. A drive none the less from Mumbai to Aamby Valley with quick stop over for re-grouping at BBQ Nation, Nerul and then at E-Way.

The E-Way roads early morning as expected weren't free of traffic, so many people travelling out of Mumbai. But we had sections on E-Way to let the German beauties stretch their legs.

Once after hitting Lonavala Exit till Tiger Point, was a sore point but after that till Aamby Valley was a bliss. Cornering ability of the cars were amazing, since I had the opportunity of riding along with Lamboguy's Jetta TDi & Akshay1234's 320d. Downhill stretch from Aamby till Fariyas Resort in Akshay 320d was amazing, rear wheel drive fun with going side ways. A quick bite at Fariyas and we were all again off to E-Way on the way home.

As I'm writing this, there are heavy showers in this part of Palm Beach Navi Mumbai. Where were the rains yesterday. Next DDT drive will be much more amazing with rains finally hitting Mumbai.

Till then, but not without snaps. There you go.

The torque monster 530d arrives.
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04284.jpg

The first 2 cars to reach on time, Shekhar's Skoda Superb V6 & Akshay1234's 320d.
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04286.jpg

Members busy chatting by the side of an empty Palm Beach road section.
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04287.jpg

A Mini Cooper was being reviewed by some magazine
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04289.jpg

Empty roads with clear skies, no rains, damn!
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04291.jpg

2 torque monster waiting to stretch their legs on the empty Palm Beach road.
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04293.jpg

Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04294.jpg

Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04295.jpg

Traffic congested E-Way.
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04303.jpg

Finally after Lonavala Exit, we had the roads to tackle some corners.
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04306.jpg

Into the clouds, no trails left.
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04309.jpg

Awesome weather.
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04311.jpg

Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04318.jpg

Into the dense trees, keep catching up.
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04320.jpg

The 320d drive down the hills from Aamby, what a revelation.
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04321.jpg

Quick bite at Fariyas and we were off.
Deutsche Dashes - Audi/BMW/Mercedes Ahoy !! From the past & more to follow...-dsc04327.jpg

Thank you all for reading. Waiting for the next DDT drive.
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:19   #66
Team-BHP Support

It was a fun drive. Got confirmed very last minute. We had -
2x320Ds
1xA4 3.0tdi
1xSuperb 2.8
1xJetta tdi
1xE280 cdi (Thank you for gracing us with your presence)
1xML320cdi
1xLR Discovery 4
1x530d

The expressway had quite a bit of traffic, and the Lonavla market place was even worse. The cars had to do a bit of offroading through a shortcut which got us onto the Aamby road quickly. The weather was beautiful and the drive on the Aamby twisties was brilliant. And damn that Disco and the ML can corner.
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:07   #67
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures Rohan. This drive did have its share of niggles (lonavala traffic , akki_5's unfortunate situation ,fariyas) but nonetheless the drive in itself on the amby road was brilliant. Fun.
The next drive should happen in a month's time with us heading further up NH8. Hope for more pics and some nice videos by then.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 3rd July 2012 at 12:08.
Old 4th July 2012, 18:50   #68
BHPian

Good write up rohan. And thanks for the pics.

This was my first DDT drive. However, there were known faces since I had met PlatzdaTurbo, akshay1234, Aditya and others at the Mumbai meet. I, unfortunately, couldn't catch up much with akki_5.

The drive saw high speed cruising, cornering on winding roads, a bit of offroading through shortcuts and fariyaz!

Before the drive, I was a bit skeptical about the Jetta keeping up with its elder Deutsch siblings. But the aamby roads and return journey on the e-way with Platzda and Akshay showed me enough reasons why it is included in the DDT list of allowed cars.

Looking forward to the NH8 drive!
Old 4th July 2012, 21:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

This was my first DDT drive. However, there were known faces since I had met PlatzdaTurbo, akshay1234, Aditya and others at the Mumbai meet. I, unfortunately, couldn't catch up much with akki_5.

The drive saw high speed cruising, cornering on winding roads, a bit of offroading through shortcuts and fariyaz!

Before the drive, I was a bit skeptical about the Jetta keeping up with its elder Deutsch siblings. But the aamby roads and return journey on the e-way with Platzda and Akshay showed me enough reasons why it is included in the DDT list of allowed cars.

Glad you enjoyed.
Recently bought a Laura L&K (3 weeks ago) and even akshay1234 has a vRS. We would perhaps get those cars sometime to keep you better company.
Inspite of not owning a Jetta we had no doubts in the capabilities of that 2.0 TDi unit in the Laura/Jetta. Good to see you stretch her.

Cheers
Old 5th July 2012, 00:17   #70
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the appreciation of pictures, PlatzdaTurbo & Lamboguy. More better pics next time, since time was short couldn't take better pics en-route.

Looking forward to next drive on NH8 after hearing that the roads are better than the NH3.

Quote:
The Jetta 2.0 TDi really impressed me during the drive. If I were to upgrade in the future from my Vento it would either be a Jetta TDi or F10 320D Sports Edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Glad you enjoyed.
Recently bought a Laura L&K (3 weeks ago) and even akshay1234 has a vRS. We would perhaps get those cars sometime to keep you better company.
Inspite of not owning a Jetta we had no doubts in the capabilities of that 2.0 TDi unit in the Laura/Jetta. Good to see you stretch her.

Cheers
Congrats on the Laura, she wouldn't disappoint you. Now I'm feeling poorly about my Vento TDi, shes in desperate need for stretching her legs after the Igatpuri drive. Next drive may make up for it, some exception.
Old 5th July 2012, 09:39   #71
BHPian

Would you include a w124 e220?
P.S. I am not a very fast driver
Old 6th July 2012, 00:12   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Would you include a w124 e220?
P.S. I am not a very fast driver
Yeah, obviously. The tank like built Mercs, who wouldn't like a company of them. Next drive on NH8, your Merc W123 will be gracing it with its presence.

Last edited by GTO : 7th July 2012 at 17:52. Reason: As requested
Old 6th July 2012, 18:54   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The weather was beautiful and the drive on the Aamby twisties was brilliant. And damn that Disco and the ML can corner.
Your car handles the twisties excellently when the DTC and DSC are set on certain settings.

Quote:

Thats some offroading we did that day. Going twice down the same road asking people for directions and then finally getting a GPS lock to use Google Maps. Even after all that trouble we made it through and reached Fariyas. The stretch of road we took was pathetic and I was surprised that the Jetta didn't bottom out anywhere.

Hoping to see you at the NH8 drive.
Old 6th July 2012, 21:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

So after just about 9 months of DD here's where we stand -
November - Amby Valley
December - Amby Valley
January - Sula vineyards
February,March & April - Random,short drives within Bombay (& lots of coffee meets)
May- Charoti (NH8)
June- No drives
July - Amby valley

We are yet to explore the Mumbai - Alibaug/Goa highway but the extensive restoration work on that road has kept us away. Anyway sometime soon enough hopefully.
The next drive would most probably be further up NH8 compared to last time as Charoti was covered ...quite briskly .
Looking forward to it.
Old 6th July 2012, 23:08   #75
BHPian

Hello guys! Even I have sent a request to join the DDT group on facebook.
I will be getting my BMW 320D exclusive tomorrow!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks