Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Where would you like this Mega meet to be held? (Multiple choice poll)
NH1 around Karnal 12 34.29%
NH1 but somewhere closer 16 45.71%
NH8 12 34.29%
Within the city limits 10 28.57%
I have a better suggestion 0 0%
I may not be able to join anywhere 1 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 15:02   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Mega Delhi-NCR Team-BHP Meet @ Haveli on 8th April 2012. Edit: Pics on pg 14, 15

Hey that looks good. The price looks fine to me although you must consider the possibility that the final number of members who turn up might be a lot less then shown in the list above. In which case the manager there may not agree with that price per person. So my suggestion is that you also take an approximate figure from him in whole.

Also the cops don't stop you for checking paper. I have travelled on this stretch a lot and never been stopped apart for speeding tickets. This one is a real menace specially while entering Delhi since the cops know that no one would be following the 60 kmph limit.
Old 29th March 2012, 15:19   #92
BHPian

re: The Mega Delhi-NCR Team-BHP Meet @ Haveli on 8th April 2012. Edit: Pics on pg 14, 15

Good I saw this thread in time! I am travelling from Punjab to Delhi on 8th morning. Plan to start from Patiala around 6:30 in the morning and should be at Murthal at about 10:00. I'll need to reach IGI airport by 12:30, so will probably leave early but I will be glad to meet you all in person even if it's for a short time.

Reposting the updated list.

1. Sameerg001 ✓
2. Bandhav ✓
3. BlueVolt (will confirm closer to the date)
4. Akshay4587 (?)
5. Raviacc2825✓
6. Beast_within✓
7. Varunsonu✓
8. V&V✓
9. amit_2025✓
10. Jacksons (?)
11. Mjumrani (?)
12. Anshuman ✓
13. eg24✓
14. nottobesaid✓
15. wanderernomad(?)
16. Aberry✓
17. Mayankk✓
18. jhaji (?)
19. drmohitg (will confirm closer to the date)
20. roy_libran (will confirm closer to the date)
21. varunsonu ✓
22. carrazy (?)
23. kamal.sn (will confirm closer to the date)
24. bloodred (will confirm closer to the date)
25. Rohitbagai ✓
26. Behemoth X
27. Ace_F355 (?)
28. Irish (?)
29. Humans✓
30. Sidindica✓
31. Sohail99 (?)
32. wanderernomad (?)
33. Tapish ✓
34. phamilyman X
35. streetaddict (will confirm closer to the date)
36. Vsoneja ✓
37. Irish (will confirm closer to the date)
38. LilMonSter (Will confirm closer to date)
39. amit1234singla ✓
Old 29th March 2012, 15:21   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Please be advised that the entire area is 'Vegetarian' and that the roads are awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I agree, will you be going there ?
I request you to post your attendance status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Just wanted to remind you about letting everyone who is attending know about the speed limits on that stretch. They have a couple of speed interceptors stationed on that stretch and if they stop any member then it might spoil the mood of the whole meet. You can probably throw a reminder about the same once the list is finalised. Cheers.
Mohit, the speed limit after crossing Delhi border is 90KMPH and 70KMPH for Delhi road. All are requested to carry all necessary documents like RC, PUC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrazy View Post
Quick question: Can we bring a couple of close friends along..?? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...s/Cheering.gif
All members can bring their friends, wives, kids if they wish. No issues at all IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
J
The total cost per head was initially quoted 250 and was negotiated to 225. I am sure when I will go to confirm the bookings it will come further down. The estimate is based on 35-40 ppl.
Excellent Rohit and Sameer! You are doing very good work. Special Thanks from my side. IMO even 250 per head is fine but it is definitely better if costs come down further and as rightly pointed out by V&V there will be dropouts so do consider that point as well. You can expect 25+ for sure. Things will be much clear 3-4 days before the meet.

__________________________________________________ ______

1. Sameerg001 ✓
2. Bandhav ✓
4. Akshay4587 (?)
5. Raviacc2825✓
6. Beast_within✓
7. Varunsonu✓
8. V&V✓
9. amit_2025✓
10. Jacksons (will confirm closer to the date))
11. Mjumrani (?)
12. Anshuman ✓
13. eg24✓
14. nottobesaid✓
15. wanderernomad(?)
16. Aberry✓
17. Mayankk✓
18. jhaji (?)
21. varunsonu ✓
22. carrazy (?)
25. Rohitbagai ✓
26. Behemoth X
27. Ace_F355 (?)
28. Irish (?)
29. Humans✓
30. Sidindica✓
31. Sohail99 (?)
32. wanderernomad (?)
33. Tapish ✓
34. phamilyman X
36. Vsoneja ✓
39. amit1234singla ✓
40. panky12345 (?)
41. low_bass_maker (?)
Old 29th March 2012, 15:44   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Better gather after the Mukarba Chowk towards NH1 the first CNG station you see on the left hand side(its down below in the service lane but you dont have to leave the NH1) . You wont have any problems waiting/parking at that place. And ride from there onwards is free flow.
The coordinates are 28.745779,77.151859
If there are any CNG vehicles in the convoy then you should wait at Delhi border (opposite side of Guru Tegh Bahadur Memorial - 1 km after Narela red light). There 4-5 CNG stations and the respective fellow BHPians can get CNG, during the waiting time, by entering into the service lane after Narela red light.

Also please note that if any vehicle goes in the service lane at Mukarba Chowk (to get CNG) then there is no option of coming back on NH1 for the next 7 kms as there is no entry point.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 29th March 2012, 17:58   #95
Senior - BHPian

Guys, are you fine with this menu or want any change in it, please confirm it as soon as possible.

1. Sandwich (non grilled)
2. Paneer Pakodas
3. Soft Drinks
4. South Indian (Idli-Vada)
5. Aalo Parantha
6. Chana Bhatura OR Aalu Puri
7. Pao-Bhaji
8. Ice Cream

We should go ahead with chana bhautra instead of aalu puri, hope you guys are ok with it . IMO all of the above mentioned items are perfect for the morning meet, and price too sounds nominal.

BHPians going from delhi, we should gather on the highway itself, as soon as we take the left for NH1 from outer ring road, we can stop sideby and wait for other members to come. I request all members to reach this place at 8:30 sharply from here on we will carry on ahead in a convoy till haveli.

I hope everyone is fine with the above place and time

Cheers
Sameer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
^^Great Sameer.

I think 9 AM will be better as we will be able to enjoy the drive due to less traffic in the morning and we can be back by afternoon, guys please pour your take regarding the same.

And as suggested by Sameer Bhpian going form Delhi-NCR should gather at a starting point en route, we can drive to the destination in a convey there onward.
Thanks bandhav, and ya, we should make it up as early as possible as we can enjoy our drive due to less traffic.

Quote:
Also how about asking the Manager if the meet can take place outside.

@Sameerg001: Good to see someone finally taking the lead role. Just wanted to remind you about letting everyone who is attending know about the speed limits on that stretch. Cheers.
Thanks drmohitg, as explained by rohit he went there today and he said it was damn hot there, so we have to rule out option of seating outside and yes we all members will drive strictly adhering to the speed limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Good work rohit. Whats the capacity of FF. Is there a minimum capacity requirement.
Why am i asking this, there could be lot of last minute dropouts. Do factor in before committing.
Yes, we will keep that in mind, there can be last minute dropouts but still not being too optimistic we still can get around 30 if not more.

Quote:
Hey that looks good. The price looks fine to me although you must consider the possibility that the final number of members who turn up might be a lot less then shown in the list above.

Also the cops don't stop you for checking paper. I have travelled on this stretch a lot and never been stopped apart for speeding tickets.
Yes, we will make a commitment keeping this in mind.
And yes here's a request to all members to carry all their vehicle papers and follow the speed limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

All members can bring their friends, wives, kids if they wish. No issues at all IMO.

Yes, i agree the more the merrier.

Excellent Rohit and Sameer! You are doing very good work. Special Thanks from my side. IMO even 250 per head is fine but it is definitely better if costs come down further and as rightly pointed out by V&V there will be dropouts so do consider that point as well. You can expect 25+ for sure. Things will be much clear 3-4 days before the meet.

Thanks alot mate, no thanks required as its for everyone, and yes commitment will be made keeping in mind everything.

Cheers
Sameer

1. Sameerg001 ✓
2. Bandhav ✓
4. Akshay4587 (?)
5. Raviacc2825✓
6. Beast_within✓
7. Varunsonu✓
8. V&V✓
9. amit_2025✓
11. Mjumrani (?)
12. Anshuman ✓
13. eg24✓
14. nottobesaid✓
15. wanderernomad(?)
16. Aberry✓
17. Mayankk✓
18. jhaji (?)
21. varunsonu ✓
22. carrazy (?)
25. Rohitbagai ✓
26. Behemoth X
27. Ace_F355 (?)
28. Irish (?)
29. Humans✓
30. Sidindica✓
31. Sohail99 (?)
32. wanderernomad (?)
33. Tapish ✓
34. phamilyman X
36. Vsoneja ✓
39. amit1234singla ✓
40. panky12345 (?)
41. low_bass_maker (?)

Last edited by GTO : 30th March 2012 at 13:33. Reason: As requested
Old 29th March 2012, 18:07   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Guys, are you fine with this menu or want any change in it, please confirm it as soon as possible.

1. Sandwich (non grilled)
2. Paneer Pakodas
3. Soft Drinks
4. South Indian (Idli-Vada)
5. Aalo Parantha
6. Chana Bhatura OR Aalu Puri
7. Pao-Bhaji
8. Ice Cream

We should go ahead with chana bhautra instead of aalu puri, hope you guys are ok with it . IMO all of the above mentioned items are perfect for the morning meet, and price too sounds nominal.

BHPians going from delhi, we should gather on the highway itself, as soon as we take the left for NH1 from outer ring road, we can stop sideby and wait for other members to come. I request all members to reach this place at 8:30 sharply from here on we will carry on ahead in a convoy till haveli.

I hope everyone is fine with the above place and time

Cheers
Sameer
Menu's all good by me.
As it is, we'll be feeding mostly on "bakar", food is kind of incidental.
Aloo parantha's are there, thick dahi also we'll get probably, so "all iz well".
Old 29th March 2012, 18:12   #97
Senior - BHPian

Sounds good to me.

I request members who have already confirmed their presence to exchange contact number over PM, this will help us in coordinating better.

@Sameer: As you are taking the lead, please share your mobile no with confirmed/probable participants.
Old 29th March 2012, 19:26   #98
v&v
Senior - BHPian

IMO, the timing should be 8 at Haveli. People should drive straight to.the venue. Have an intro at parking then move on to the hall.

Advantage one can enjoy a good drive without the fear of speedguns as they all become active post 9.am.

Also the parking area will be hotter by 9.30- 10ish.

PS : Was just my opinion. I would be starting at 7 and enjoy an extended drive maybe till panipat and then join you all at the venue. Also would like to back by 1 pm.
Old 29th March 2012, 19:41   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMO, the timing should be 8 at Haveli. People should drive straight to.the venue. Have an intro at parking then move on to the hall.

Advantage one can enjoy a good drive without the fear of speedguns as they all become active post 9.am.

Also the parking area will be hotter by 9.30- 10ish.

PS : Was just my opinion. I would be starting at 7 and enjoy an extended drive maybe till panipat and then join you all at the venue. Also would like to back by 1 pm.
I guess 8 will be quite very early for majority to be at the venue, since its sunday i doubt majority of members will be willing to leave their respective places too early.

IMO at 8:30 we should gather up on highway itself and then continue in convoy till haveli, which means we'll be there around 9, which i guess majority will like to

Guys please pour your suggestions regarding time.

P.S All those confirmed participants, please PM me your no's i will reply back with my no. to you guys just for better coordination amongs us.

Cheers
Sameer
Old 29th March 2012, 21:09   #100
BHPian

Coordinates:-
Haveli 29.068394,77.06111

CNG Pumps (Kundli Border): 28.855668,77.124616

Quote:
Good work rohit. Whats the capacity of FF. Is there a minimum capacity requirement.
Why am i asking this, there could be lot of last minute dropouts. Do factor in before committing.
The capacity seems to be around 70 at the first floor. Minimum capacity was not discussed I will discuss once I revisit to finalize. I guess 25-30 should be a realistic estimate

Last edited by rohitbagai : 29th March 2012 at 21:21.
Old 29th March 2012, 22:24   #101
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Coordinates:-
The capacity seems to be around 70 at the first floor. Minimum capacity was not discussed I will discuss once I revisit to finalize. I guess 25-30 should be a realistic estimate
Rohit, IMO, Just block the hall and don't commit on food. Let the members decide what they want and order then and their itself. It will be a pain for you guys to collect and manage cash.

Instead work on how we can do the interaction and introduction of members so that all are engaged rather getting scattered into small groups.

Thanks again for the effort.

Last edited by v&v : 29th March 2012 at 22:28.
Old 29th March 2012, 23:09   #102
Senior - BHPian

^^
@v&v

Sir, we can't block the hall without making any commitment for food. As posted by rohit, the menu seems to work with everyone .

Regarding cash collection yes it will be difficult to manage and collect cash there but we'll manage, as what we are getting in group for a nominal amount we won't be able to get individually. It is just my opinion .

I request members to please shed more light on this, whether they are fine with buffet breakfast their ( above mentioned menu ) or you guys want to order individually there ?? as we can't book the hall without food there.

Regarding interaction and introduction, as we will have our own hall booked there i doubt members will scatter in small groups, we can easily interact with each other.

Cheers
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 29th March 2012 at 23:29.
Old 30th March 2012, 00:04   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Buffet breakfast for all with a prefixed menu. That would be much easier. And whatever is the final amount decided, I humbly request all attending members to have the exact change since it sometimes gets difficult to tender change ( Avoid giving 500 and 1000 notes).
Old 30th March 2012, 01:12   #104
Senior - BHPian

ME ME ME. How can i miss this, can do anything for chola bhatura

Count me in guys.

1. Sameerg001 ✓
2. Bandhav ✓
4. Akshay4587 (?)
5. Raviacc2825✓
6. Beast_within✓
7. Varunsonu✓
8. V&V✓
9. amit_2025✓
11. Mjumrani (?)
12. Anshuman ✓
13. eg24✓
14. nottobesaid✓
15. wanderernomad(?)
16. Aberry✓
17. Mayankk✓
18. jhaji (?)
21. varunsonu ✓
22. carrazy (?)
25. Rohitbagai ✓
26. Behemoth X
27. Ace_F355 (?)
28. Irish (?)
29. Humans✓
30. Sidindica✓
31. Sohail99 (?)
32. wanderernomad (?)
33. Tapish ✓
34. phamilyman X
36. Vsoneja ✓
39. amit1234singla ✓
40. panky12345 (?)
41. low_bass_maker (?)
42. nitinralli
Old 30th March 2012, 10:55   #105
BHPian

Quote:
I have experienced that the speed guns (Interceptor) gets activated as early as 7 AM in Delhi but if it's Sunday then sometimes they don't bother to start so early in the morning. Please be careful. The most common points of speed guns are:
  • Near ISBT Kashmeeri Gate - Outer Ring Road - Between Chandagi Ram Akhara and before Gurudwara Majnu Da Tila Sahib red light - HIGH Probability
  • Outer Ring Road - Between Wazirabad red light and Burari red light - LOW Probability
  • Within 2-3 kms after Mukarba Chowk - MEDIUM Probability
  • Before Narela Red light - VERY HIGH Probability
  • Between Kundli and Murthal (Haryana) - HIGH Probability
Drive with in speed limits and be safe!

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 30th March 2012 at 10:57.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks