Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Where would you like this Mega meet to be held? (Multiple choice poll)
NH1 around Karnal 12 34.29%
NH1 but somewhere closer 16 45.71%
NH8 12 34.29%
Within the city limits 10 28.57%
I have a better suggestion 0 0%
I may not be able to join anywhere 1 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 10:58   #106
Team-BHP Support

re: The Mega Delhi-NCR Team-BHP Meet @ Haveli on 8th April 2012. Edit: Pics on pg 14, 15

Not to sound pessimistic, but advice that you give the min guarantee of only 50-60% of the confirmations. There are bound to be last minute dropouts.
Old 30th March 2012, 11:25   #107
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mega Delhi-NCR Team-BHP Meet @ Haveli on 8th April 2012. Edit: Pics on pg 14, 15

Why not ask junta to contribute cash upfront. Even 50% would do.

My philosophy is always to Let people put their money where there mouth is. What do you think sameer?
Old 30th March 2012, 13:03   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

My philosophy is always to Let people put their money where there mouth is. What do you think sameer?
I am in for this.
there's time enough to add a payee in banks.
"baad mein hisaab" scene always leaves someone in the breeze,yeah.
Old 30th March 2012, 14:21   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Buffet breakfast for all with a prefixed menu. That would be much easier. And whatever is the final amount decided, I humbly request all attending members to have the exact change since it sometimes gets difficult to tender change ( Avoid giving 500 and 1000 notes).
Yes, we are going with the buffet breakfast with prefixed menu, and yes same i was about to post regarding bringing the change in place of 1000 or 500 notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
ME ME ME. How can i miss this, can do anything for chola bhatura

Count me in guys.
Good to see one more confirmed participant for the meet.

P.S- We were confused between sabzi puri and chola bhature, you made our choice much easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
The most common points of speed guns are:
  • Near ISBT Kashmeeri Gate - Outer Ring Road - Between Chandagi Ram Akhara and before Gurudwara Majnu Da Tila Sahib red light - HIGH Probability
  • Outer Ring Road - Between Wazirabad red light and Burari red light - LOW Probability
  • Within 2-3 kms after Mukarba Chowk - MEDIUM Probability
  • Before Narela Red light - VERY HIGH Probability
  • Between Kundli and Murthal (Haryana) - HIGH Probability
Drive with in speed limits and be safe!

Cheers!
Irish
Thanks mate for providing the above info, we all will drive in speed limits.
As we BHPians proud to DRIVE SAFE ain't we !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Not to sound pessimistic, but advice that you give the min guarantee of only 50-60% of the confirmations. There are bound to be last minute dropouts.
Yes we'll book considering the last minute dropouts, from current list of members around 42, we are thinking to make commitment for 30 people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

I completely agree with you, as soon as majority of members will reach venue, we'll make everyone pay cash upfront, as it'll be easy for us and members too, as if one wants to leave early, we'll not have problem regarding cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I am in for this.
there's time enough to add a payee in banks.
"baad mein hisaab" scene always leaves someone in the breeze,yeah.
Yes, we'll make everyone make pay cash upfront, in order to avoid hassles later on.

If any BHPian is bringing his friends/family along please mention here before hand, as we have to make arrangements for them too.

Special request to you guys, please make your confirmation as soon as possible , Booking is not an issue until some one else book it first. So even if we don't get the first floor booked there are two other options at the ground floor that can be taken but it won't be as discrete as the ff.

IMO discrete space on ff will be alot better , so please give your confirmations asap.

As on of now i just got 6 members cell no, who are confirmed.

Cheers
Sameer
Old 30th March 2012, 14:45   #110
Senior - BHPian

..Just a word of caution. Delhi has always been hosting 'meats'. Do not bring your female counterparts.
Old 30th March 2012, 16:34   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
..Just a word of caution. Delhi has always been hosting 'meats'. Do not bring your female counterparts.
I for one am interested in bringing along my wife and kids especially if the meet gets extended as the weather is perfect for a water park adventure after haveli. How many of the fellow members would be interested in taking a dive along with family at splash water park alipur. The water park is just 4, 5 km from the mubarka flyover. It's a morning meet and that too at haveli where liquor is not allowed to be served. Also many of the members will be coming from 50-60 KM away from home just for a brunch it would be fun filled Sunday if it's extended. Moreover it's very close to karnalbypass so no need to worry that we have to go a long way back home.

Last edited by rohitbagai : 30th March 2012 at 16:59.
Old 30th March 2012, 16:45   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Now what does this mean?

Though you are surely giving some very good pointers to make an organised one, the underlying tone of skepticism is evident in all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
I for one am interested in bringing along my wife and kids especially if the meet gets extended as the weather is perfect for a water park adventure after haveli. How many of the fellow members would be interested in taking a dive along with family at splash water park alipur. The water park is just 4, 5 km from the mubarka flyover. It's a morning meet and that too at haveli where liquor is not allowed to be served.
Now that's a great idea, I will bring my wife along with me and after the meet we can head there.
Old 30th March 2012, 18:12   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Now what does this mean?

Though you are surely giving some very good pointers to make an organised one, the underlying tone of skepticism is evident in all of them.
Please go through couple of Old Delhi meet threads ~ read 2 years back and you'll get to know what am I talking
Old 30th March 2012, 19:47   #114
Senior - BHPian

Guys one suggestion.

All those people who have TEAMBHP stickers which are leftover from the bunch, why not bring them along so that you can gift it to a fellow BHPian who haven't got them yet. Share the LOVE

PS: I already have 2 sets of bhp stickers with me so will get them for sure.
Old 31st March 2012, 13:54   #115
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
As of now i've got 10 confirmations who are pretty sure of making it into this meet.
Here's the list :-

1- Rohit
2- Bandhav
3- Beast_within
4- Nitin
5- Amit singla
6- Mayank
7- headbanger
8- V&V
9- Lilmonster
10- Sameerg001

I made this list on basis of my interaction with members via PM. In case anyone is missed who is confirmed please PM me with your no. and add your name to the confirmed list

But out of 42 members ONLY 10 confirmed, guys we seriously need more confirmations

And couple of members who will confirm in coming days :-
1- Drmohitg
2- Bluevolt
3- .anshuman
4- Bloodred
5- akshay4587 (99% sure of attending)
6- mjumrani

We need atleast 25-30 members in order to make commitment to book the hall, so remaining guys please reply back with your attendance for this meet.

Cheers
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 31st March 2012 at 13:55.
Old 31st March 2012, 13:58   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

I would be able to confirm only by middle of next week. Sorry.
Old 31st March 2012, 14:33   #117
BANNED

Sorry, but I won't be able to come, so cancel me from the list. Thanks.
Old 31st March 2012, 20:37   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
I for one am interested in bringing along my wife and kids especially if the meet gets extended as the weather is perfect for a water park adventure after haveli..............
I too will have wife and kid for company, they will not leave me alone on weekend, no matter where I'll be going.
Old 31st March 2012, 22:53   #119
Senior - BHPian

Hello,
All the members who are bringing their kids & wife along, please make sure they don't get bored, as we all will be there for 3+ hours and with all autmotive discussion between us, i guess they will get bore unless they too are car freak.

If they won't enjoy, you guys too will not able to enjoy.

So please take care of this point.

Cheers
Sameer
Old 31st March 2012, 23:19   #120
Senior - BHPian

Apologies. I'll be skipping the mega meet, primarily because of the distance (& consequentially the time commitment) from my home. :-(
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks