Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2006, 12:56   #1
BHPian

Delhi/NCR Team BHP Meet 25.06.2006

hey all!

it was so wonderful to meet everybody for the meet. although we have just had a wonderful meet i was wondering if we cud do it again on the 25th of this month. its the canadian GP and we have got an invitation from Bad Cheetah on the behalf of the High Commissioner of Canada to watch it on the big screen at his residence.

Date - 25th June '06 (Sunday)
Time - 1600-1430 hrs.(Raceday starts on 2130 hrs)
Venue - Gurgaon (to start with so that we can have a good drive to either sohna or on the gurgaon-faridabad road) and then head back to Chanakya Puri (i guess thats where we will watch the canadian GP)

Dear Naveen,

I would like to invite You and your friends for the live screening of the Canadian GP at the Official residence of the High Commissioner of Canada in India on the 25th of June.

Beer and Light snacks would be served during the screening.

Please forward me the names of the people you wish to invite from your side for the same in the bellow mentioned format, as the same have to be given to the Security Staff at the Canadian High Commission.

FULL NAME:

SEX:

CONTACT NUMBER: (MOBILE):

You are free to invite as many number of people you want to for the event , but I would need the information the above mention format to put their names of the Guest List.

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks

Amit Wadhwa

pls update the requisite info on this thread and i will mail it to bad cheetah ASAP.
Old 13th June 2006, 11:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Naveen I am gonna have a discussion with you tonight about this and then gonna start working on it from tomorrow but don't worry I will get some good numbers up for this too in the next couple of days!! Have a little patience I am sure lots of people will turn up just for the free beer :-)
Old 13th June 2006, 11:54   #3
BHPian

the basic thing is it might b on first come first, so the sooner people confirm the better.
Old 13th June 2006, 13:54   #4
BHPian

Let me know what cooks up. Would surely like to come if there's a sizeable amount.

free booze here I come... hic ;-)
Old 13th June 2006, 19:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

If they can substitute whiskey for beer, I AM IN ; nahin to ghar se laani padegi and am in no mood of "tadkaa"......

BTW, are you sure its NOT a spam?? I suspect this to be database collection. Its only my opinion, dont take it personally!! May be I'm wrong.

Last edited by panky12345 : 13th June 2006 at 19:30.
Old 13th June 2006, 19:56   #6
BHPian

this is not a spam, this is an invitation extended by our fellow member bad cheetah
Old 13th June 2006, 20:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani

Date - 25th June '06 (Sunday)
Time - 1600-1430 hrs.(Raceday starts on 2130 hrs)
Venue - Gurgaon (to start with so that we can have a good drive to either sohna or on the gurgaon-faridabad road) and then head back to Chanakya Puri (i guess thats where we will watch the canadian GP)
I dont understand the time thing - can you please explain ?
Old 13th June 2006, 21:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
I dont understand the time thing - can you please explain ?
I think he just posted it the other way around by mistake and actually it was supposed to be 1430-1600 hrs.

I had a chat with Naveen & he says that maybe we can meet up early and say go to Sohna or something & them move on to watch the Canadian GP.

But all those who are interested in going to the Embassy would need to submit the required info that is Full name, Age/DOB, Sex, Mobile No. via PM to either me or Naveen. This is for Canadian Embassy security purposes and clearance, so remember no entrance unless you have submitted this info beforehand.

Please do not post this info on the thread and use the PM function to inform us

Rest of the program can be decided later but we need the info for all people confirmed ASAP. So please submit the same by tomorrow if possible.

Any confusion/queries/questions/suggestions please post on the thread or PM either Naveen or me.
Old 13th June 2006, 22:59   #9
BHPian

but why are we meeting at 1400 hrs.
canadian gp happens in the night in IST. i am sure many ppl including myself wont be able to make it to the Canadian Embassy at night time to watch the GP. early office, school, college or whatever...right?
mine's neither of that but still wont be able to fully drool upon Ishan's VTEC at night time...
Old 13th June 2006, 23:39   #10
aZa
Senior - BHPian

AmitVerma : Ishan's VTEC sounds much better after a Pint or two you should come!
Old 14th June 2006, 01:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma
but why are we meeting at 1400 hrs.
canadian gp happens in the night in IST. i am sure many ppl including myself wont be able to make it to the Canadian Embassy at night time to watch the GP. early office, school, college or whatever...right?
mine's neither of that but still wont be able to fully drool upon Ishan's VTEC at night time...
Oye yaar Amit I was so looking forward to meeting you at the meet but alas confusion prevailed but anyways come along to the next meet we will probably meet around 7 pm or so and I'll make sure everyone has a fun time I promise!!

The previous meets haven't been so bad so rest assured I will make everyone's time worthwhile!! I do put in a little effort for the same you know, so don't worry your & everyone else's precious time will be worth it & I will guarantee that!!

So if you can please show up so we all can meet & know each other better
Old 14th June 2006, 01:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
AmitVerma : Ishan's VTEC sounds much better after a Pint or two you should come!
Wouldn't argue with that She does sound nice!!!!
Old 14th June 2006, 14:37   #13
BHPian

sorry for posting the wrong time. i was suggesting to meet up at 16:00-16:30 and then go for a drive to sohna and b in the canadian high commission by 20:00 or so. so far i have not had any confirmations. nobody enjoys F1 on big screen with free booze?

yesterday i was at the brazilian high commission to watch brazil play croatia & man can i tell u the atmosphere. big screen, free beer, firecrackers, dance floor, DJ & lots of football fans. it was awesome. so pls dont treat this as spam and get it if u want 2 enjoy!!!

Last edited by naveendhyani : 14th June 2006 at 14:45.
Old 14th June 2006, 15:31   #14
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Naveen, Me ishan fuelled and hellspawn are in just planning to get more ppl
Old 14th June 2006, 15:38   #15
BHPian

@ aZa : pls send me the details fast in this format

FULL NAME:

SEX:

CONTACT NUMBER: (MOBILE):

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com