Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2014, 11:35   #46
BHPian

Re: Delhi Meet & Cause Initiative: Blanket and Clothes distribution Drive - 12th Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
My suggestion will be to keep the meeting point Lodhi Road or Friend's colony or a place near to the distribution venue. I feel we may end up wasting a lot of time in first reaching CP and then coming all the way back to the areas you guys have selected for distribution and again heading back to CP for breakfast and to other location for photoshoot. Please let me know your views on this.
I'm good with this idea, but I guess CP is just a more central location.

Everyone who is okay with Lodhi Road as the meeting point, say aye.
Old 10th January 2014, 11:39   #47
BHPian

Re: Delhi Meet & Cause Initiative: Blanket and Clothes distribution Drive - 12th Jan

Guys,

All the best for this noble cause!

Just a suggestion: The BEST time to distribute blankets / sweaters to the 'real needy' people, is during late night hours (after 10 PM) or early morning hours (Before 5 AM).

This is the time when you will see the needy people sleeping on road sides. Just cover them (whoever needs it) with the blankets and proceed further. Such an act will give you a different kind of satisfaction.

Rest is your choice.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 10th January 2014, 12:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Ok with me.

BHPians from Noida/East Delhi, which is the shorter route to Lodhi road from Akshardham?

Via Purana Qila or via Barapullah?
Old 10th January 2014, 13:08   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Ok with me.

BHPians from Noida/East Delhi, which is the shorter route to Lodhi road from Akshardham?

Via Purana Qila or via Barapullah?
You can use Barapullah Elevated Road to get right at the intersection, alternately you can also take DND -> Nizamuddin -> Lodhi Road route.
Mayankk can be helpful with the route as well.

Cheers,
Sam
Old 10th January 2014, 13:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
My suggestion will be to keep the meeting point Lodhi Road or Friend's colony or a place near to the distribution venue. I feel we may end up wasting a lot of time in first reaching CP and then coming all the way back to the areas you guys have selected for distribution
Dear all, As per my talks with Utsav today morning regarding the meeting and distribution point it has been suggested from my end that all activities shall be done in C.P itself and the meeting point will also be C.P only as decided earlier by him.

thanks

AD
Old 10th January 2014, 14:04   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
As long as that is the final plan, I'm good.
I would like to understand where we will be going for the actual distribution, though. Please clarify.

EDIT:
Can we please have more members participating in this cause? Every extra member/non-member joining us would make a difference.

Last edited by samarth.bhatia : 10th January 2014 at 14:05.
Old 10th January 2014, 14:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all, As per my talks with Utsav today morning regarding the meeting and distribution point it has been suggested from my end that all activities shall be done in C.P itself and the meeting point will also be C.P only as decided earlier by him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Quote:
As long as that is the final plan, I'm good.
I would like to understand where we will be going for the actual distribution, though. Please clarify.
+1 to Samarth.

Utsav,

Let us all know the plan. We just have 1 day to go.

IMO, a place crowded with high-end restaurants and branded showrooms is not the ideal location for the cause.
Old 10th January 2014, 14:42   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMO, a place crowded with high-end restaurants and branded showrooms is not the ideal location for the cause.
Agreed Rishi; but Rajiv Chowk Station is one place where more than half of our collected clothes can be distributed. Also I am going to CP at 4 for some work. Will update the thread with spots for distribution there by today evening.

thanks

AD
Old 10th January 2014, 15:59   #54
BHPian

See, I am keeping all suggestions in my mind. But, CP is a central route for almost everybody. I think the best is to meet there, decide on the spot, drive along, and distribute wherever we see people!
Thats why I decided a little early morning because I see a lot of people sleeping around the roads.
Old 10th January 2014, 17:44   #55
BHPian

I agree with Utsav. It is best we meet at CP, it's central and convenient for everyone and everyone can easily locate and reach the A block parking. Also I agree that we can meet and decide the route and figure out how to go about it there itself, it wouldn't take up much time. We can always meet in CP and if need be, drive together to lodhi road or wherever, together, as group, isn't that the whole point of a meet? to have a nice time bickering and driving together as a convoy!
Old 10th January 2014, 18:37   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, Here are the suitable spots for clothes distribution in and around C.P. Apart from these there can many more if we are further willing to drive.

The spot's name are as follows:

1. Turning of outer circle near KFC and Arshia Motors. Delhi Meet & Cause Initiative: Blanket and Clothes distribution Drive - 12th Jan @ CP-photo0482.jpg

2. The opposite side where the multi color Accord is parked on outer circle near the pallika signal. Delhi Meet & Cause Initiative: Blanket and Clothes distribution Drive - 12th Jan @ CP-photo0483.jpg

3. A Block Parking (the meeting spot) Delhi Meet & Cause Initiative: Blanket and Clothes distribution Drive - 12th Jan @ CP-photo0484.jpg

4. A Block shopping area (many people sleep on shops doors)Delhi Meet & Cause Initiative: Blanket and Clothes distribution Drive - 12th Jan @ CP-photo0485.jpg

5. The Wenger's Lane. Delhi Meet & Cause Initiative: Blanket and Clothes distribution Drive - 12th Jan @ CP-photo0486.jpg

6. The B Block market in CPDelhi Meet & Cause Initiative: Blanket and Clothes distribution Drive - 12th Jan @ CP-photo0487.jpg

7. Outer Circle on Shankar Road Delhi Meet & Cause Initiative: Blanket and Clothes distribution Drive - 12th Jan @ CP-photo0488.jpg

8. The Minto Bridge (both side) Delhi Meet & Cause Initiative: Blanket and Clothes distribution Drive - 12th Jan @ CP-photo0489.jpg

For this fortunate and humble deed I invite guests, members, moderators and support staff of tbhp who are put up in Delhi-NCR to come and join this genuine and heart-warming cause. We all are from different walks of profession yet we all have united to be a part of this precious cause. Hence, requesting one and all to join us in this gesture.

Route for Clothes distribution

1. Assemble at A Block and complete the distribution of A&B block

2. Move ahead and distribute on Shankar Road and Minto bridge

3. Take U Turn and from Minto bridge signal and cover up the Arshia Motor and the opposite side of it.

4. Return to A Block for breakfast and photoshoot.

Apart from the above details if any further details or suggestions are there then please feel free to share.

Thanks

AD
Old 10th January 2014, 18:49   #57
BHPian

AD, thanks for sharing it brother. Great effort of yours to work this plan out. And Yes OlI urge all mods to come forward for this too. Would be a little courteous on our part as BHPians.
Old 11th January 2014, 00:49   #58
BHPian

Here's a look at the list of attendance as of now-

1. Sidindica - Siddharth Shankar
2. Devilwearsprada - Utsav
3. Samar117 - Samar Narayan
4. Sameerg001 - Sammer Gupta
5. samarth.bhatia - Samarth Bhatia
6. Aditya Anand - Offline BHP'ian
7. Sinharishi- Risha Sinha
8. mints121
9. ad3952sn - Akash
10. AceF355
11. keshavarora + 1

9:00 AM CP A BLOCK PARKING.

Quote:

1. Assemble at A Block and complete the distribution of A&B block

2. Move ahead and distribute on Shankar Road and Minto bridge

3. Take U Turn and from Minto bridge signal and cover up the Arshia Motor and the opposite side of it.

4. Return to A Block for breakfast and photoshoot.

AD
Well, AD sir, like in the NFC meet, you seem to always recce and provide us with much needed and valuable information. I think we should stick to this route, if we don't find people/some blankets are left, we can try out other areas as suggested by Samarth Bhaiya.

We shall go together in a convoy.
Old 11th January 2014, 08:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
Well, AD sir, like in the NFC meet, you seem to always recce and provide us with much needed and valuable information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
AD, thanks for sharing it brother. Great effort of yours to work this plan out.

Dear Utsav and Samar, What I did was just a small help for our community. I did not want anyone to have an issue regarding the meeting point and the distribution. This was the last thing needed to complete your hard-work and efforts.

thanks

AD
Old 11th January 2014, 18:02   #60
BHPian

Guys, can I have a final confirmation for tomorrow?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks