Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2006, 23:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
Haha... looks like you a food junkie like me Sam. The best aloo paratha's i've ever eaten in Delhi were in the MAMC campus (maulana azad medical college). And where else can you eat em at like 3 in the morning! But for that you need to know someone at the college.

Not a local joint, but next time you in Delhi try out this place called The Big Chill in Khan Market. The best italian food (other than at flavours) can be found there. Or for thai food, go to Ego Thai at New Friends Colony. Talking about NFC, you MUST try out the shawarma's at this famous shady lebenese joint called Al Bakes there... you'll never turn back!

Ahhh... remenesence of my good ol' college days!

Godspeed,

Alok
Alok The Big Chill seves only passe Italian if you wanna have some real nice Italian I suggest you visit Olive the next time you are around here,(better still treat us there!!!) man it is seriously good!! But yes the Thai food at Ego's is outstanding and the shawarma's at the NFC Community centre back lane are pretty good too!!

And Sam next time you are here we will keep an itineary of good food joints ready for you including Karim's so hurry up eh! But gotta say this be prepared for some unwanted attention in Old Delhi if you turn up!!! Kids & Elders might just turn up enmasse to see Sam the Giant!!!

And yes I have heard about this great kebab place in Vasant Vihar called Al-Bakes or something (If I am not wrong, but will confirm with Gunbir once again!)

The place with the Morrison picutre is actually Cafe Morrison as Metallica pointed out and yes the place he is suggesting in Khan Market does serve some of the finest kebabs in Delhi!

P.S. Oh yeah lots of good parantha places too including AIIMS, Moolchand etc.!

Last edited by iraghava : 14th July 2006 at 23:39.
Old 15th July 2006, 00:31   #17
BHPian

Finally the pics have been put up.
Aha.. I LOOK WASTED in the pics.... must drink less

And Sam it was fun last time.. with all the funny tales you told and the new #%$# you learnt.

and as for the PIMP boy.. the ride's gotten upgraded with more pimp stuff.
Old 15th July 2006, 01:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

The kebab place was none other than Al Kauser in vasant enclave market on outer ring road. Infact, im just returning from there beer and kebabs, whatmore can one want!
Old 15th July 2006, 03:03   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

In my best Dilli accent.

Badi galt baat hai yeh arush. Tune changa nai kiya, dost ke sport ke bina kabab khane chala gaya.

How's that? Is that correct?
Old 15th July 2006, 09:22   #20
BANNED

OK you know what.. ALL OF YOU ARE GOING TO HELL....I come into the office open this thread and what do I read instead of 'BOYS FROM DELHI'.. sounds more like a thread started a-la OLIVER's TWIST or YAN CAN COOK...
SHAME ON YOU ALL FOR MAKING ME SO HUNGRY AT 9-20 in the morning.
Old 15th July 2006, 17:50   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Ha Ha - Mouthmelting Kakori Kababs from Delhi. 2L8, anyone would be tempted. I cannot stop thinking about those damn kababs.
Old 15th July 2006, 18:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not a local joint, but next time you in Delhi try out this place called The Big Chill in Khan Market. The best italian food (other than at flavours) can be found there.
Well... almost the best italian food... Next time you're there, ask for Asim (the owner) and ask him about Gunbir, Manik and gang... We literally were their first customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Now i wanna eat at that famous place near the masjid at old delhi. Karim's I think it's called. AND i wanna eat like a real solid Aloo paratha, more aloo less aata. And some more choley kulchey. Yay!
Sam, next time you're here, you HAVE TO go to Karims with me.
Old 15th July 2006, 20:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Me too me too me too! And i know we're gonna order a Raan. yum
Old 15th July 2006, 21:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Delhi Team-BHP gave SamJi a blasting time!!!!

I just ate 1/2 a tandoori chicken and was feeling quite happy for myself until I stopped by this thread......... aargh just the words delhi + kebab was enough to turn me into a hariyali kebab (green with envy ) and as I dived deeper into the thread everyones bashing you for how lucky all of you were to feast on the rasta food, which has to be absolutely the best kind of fare anywhere in the world... Niceeeee
Old 15th July 2006, 23:20   #25
BHPian

gunbir bhai........Niharee .......wht abt it...?..not letting the cat out..huh? .......guys trust me if u haven't eaten this Delicacy called Niharee - a sort of gravy.......that authentic mughlai......its like each morsel of it when u would eat.....all the mughal dynasty would turn in their grave ......
Old 16th July 2006, 02:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak
gunbir bhai........Niharee .......wht abt it...?..not letting the cat out..huh? .......guys trust me if u haven't eaten this Delicacy called Niharee - a sort of gravy.......that authentic mughlai......its like each morsel of it when u would eat.....all the mughal dynasty would turn in their grave ......
Speedofreak Bhai, itni raat ko main 'Bhape Da Hotel' se mutton barra, tandoori chicken aur dahi meat pel kar aa raha hoon... I thought I was too stuffed to think about food for a while but look what you did... Here I am thinking about Nehari... so if anybody finds me sleepwalking around Delhi... you know where Im headed.

Ummm.... guys, trust me... get Speedo to take you where you can get the best Niharee in Delhi... for the uninitiated, this is a traditional mughal mutton stew cooked over a slow fire for a long long time... relished typically with sheermal bread. Sam, put this on your list as well.
Old 16th July 2006, 11:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Now that's a spectacle I would like to see! Sam & Gunbir together in Old Delhi Would be quite a sight!!!!
Old 17th July 2006, 11:45   #28
BHPian

Ha Ha... looks like I turned a meet thread into a meat thread! Yes yes iraghava, next time i'm in delhi will surly treat you guys at Olives... and mezz (my personal favourite for beer!). Sigh! I'm really missing Delhi right now. Having lived there for 3-odd years has been an appetizing experience for me. Did more hogging than studying there:P

Godspeed,

Alok
Old 17th July 2006, 12:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

Alok we'll be looking forward to that

And yeah just to inform everyone few of us including Autopsyche, aZa, Fuelled etc. had gone to Al-Kauser's again and had the Galouti Kebabs again and man are they good or what!!!! Lip smacking and amazing! Had gotten Biryani packed for home too and man it was fantastic too in a proper Handi and everything!!!

Lovely food can see myslef going there regularly now!
Old 17th July 2006, 13:35   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ha Ha... looks like I turned a meet thread into a meat thread!
ROTLFMAO, now there's a clever line if there ever was one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks