Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2006, 14:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

I just checked with satyam and there's only one show which is at 10pm.
I'd say saturday 10pm. What do y'all think??
Old 26th October 2006, 14:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

i think i can make that. would confirm by tonite after inferring with the madam. cheers

man, sat 10pm, we would end up in the theatre really sloshed, i guess he he he

Last edited by esteem_lover : 26th October 2006 at 14:26.
Old 26th October 2006, 16:17   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
man, sat 10pm, we would end up in the theatre really sloshed, i guess
sat 10pm is fine for me... just purrrfect actually.... but i will need to hook up with someone as my car rests on sat night... (cos i dont drink n drive )
Old 26th October 2006, 16:41   #49
Senior - BHPian

U guys want to modify the thread title...??? It still talks about 6th August
Old 30th October 2006, 15:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Meet Report

DATE : 28/10/2006
TIME : 8.30 PM

It's raining cats & dogs in chennai all day & more from the afternoon. The meet looks like it is not going to happen. All the streets are beginning to flood rapidly. Is this meet cancelled or what ? i brave the rains & my esteem wades through the water to reach satyam cinemas at 8.30 sharp. I call up Nitrous, surely hoping no one's gonna turn up & find that he is already arrived & parking his car. So we (Myself, Nitrous, Manx, Headers, n_aditya, Hotrod, Islero) meet in the Gem Restaurant just opposite Satyam Cinema. First we check out the club upstairs. Its exploding in the seams. Disappointed we go to the restaurant & equally disappointed that no drinks are served here. Man ! a saturday night, a Team BHP meet & no liquer ??? totally unacceptable. Wild ideas come from E_L, Manx & Headers, 3 desparate parties. Someone even suggests TASMAC or Car Bar. All the while it is pouring outside. The waiter seems pretty stiff about the rules. This is where manx & headers show their experience. They decide to 'educate' the waiter, telling us that it would be useful for future meets. So they first order chicken & fish etc along with some lemon juice (??????) and pepsi ???? Now, the waiter is softened & he is sure of a healthy tip, manx calls him aside & whispers something & the waiter agrees for 3 drinks. Wow! Now after further 'education', he agrees for 2 more. But not any further, he says as the restaurant fills up. So we finish the Tandoori chicken, Fish tikka, Chicken pepper fry etc.& leave for the cinema across the road. The rain has still not let up & we scramble for our cars & get into the hall. After 1 hour of rollicking entertainment (what drifting !!!), we head out. manx & n_aditya felt that the night was still too young & it is too early to call it a Team-BHP day. It was 12.30 am. So they decided to hang out with headers & myself,

nitrous & the 2 kids (islero & hotrod) headed home. It was raining very heavily & visibility was poor & the roads were really flooded. It was a miracle that we reached home safely. The next day we find that 3 people died in a santro, barely a km away from the Team-BHP meet.

Impressions

1. Nitrous - Terrific guy, who takes the pain of organising all this everytime. He is really the anchor of T-BHP in chennai.

2. Headers - Cool guy with lots of charm. Loves taking potshots at n_aditya.

3. manx - Not very much around in T-BHP forum, but always there for the meets, i am told. Good in 'educating' waiters at restaurants.

4. n_aditya - an esteem man, like me. didn't get much of a chance to interact with him. Maybe next time. the poor lad brought his car because i wanted to take a look & i couldn't even take a peep. sorry, aditya, next time, we will meet up & spend more time looking at our cars.

5. Islero - An automobile engineer in the making with a flair for fast cars & bikes. Very enthusiastic about his interest.

6. Hotrod - The youngest of them all. Dreams of being a commercial pilot. I sincerely hope your dreams come true man,

wonderful kids, those 2. Look at their enthusiasm to watch this movie with fellow T-BHPians even after seeing it a zillion times at home on DVD. Looking at them, i know the future is in good hands, though not neccessarily in safe hands. LOL. No offense meant guys. You are terrific. Just dont ask to drive my car, ok ? i love to watch you drive any other car. overall, a good meet. could have been better, if not for the rains. Hope to have a better meet next time. Thanks everybody who came, braving mother nature.
Quote:
at 10pm is fine for me... just purrrfect actually.... but i will need to hook up with someone as my car rests on sat night... (cos i dont drink n drive [IMG]images/smilies/I%20Rule.gif[/IMG] )
n_aditya, true to his word did not drive home but slept in headers' house & left the next morning.

Pics coming up (Just 2 of them & not very clear)

Last edited by esteem_lover : 30th October 2006 at 16:00. Reason: Include the Title
Old 30th October 2006, 16:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

Meet Pics

Apologies for image quality

Nitrous, n_aditya, Islero, Hotrod, Headers

esteem_lover in place of nitrous

manx, conspicous by his absence.

@n_aditya . could you do something to these pics please ???
Old 30th October 2006, 16:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

Very good report,saar.
Im happy it happened and that we had MAJOR fun at the restaurant and the movie.
Old 30th October 2006, 17:07   #53
BHPian

kool report esteem_lover, i missed the meet since i already saw the movie, how did u find movie
Old 30th October 2006, 17:17   #54
Senior - BHPian

[quote=esteem_lover] ...and pepsi ????

Yes.. pepsi for hot rod and me cos i had to drive.... (to clarify before some1 jumps to conclusions...not that i cant hold my drink... it is just one of my principles in life...)
A big thanks to nitrous for painstakingly organising and making the meet a reality...

P.S. he is a part of THE MINI MEET that happens every weekend in a watering hole and has not complained so far... he is a teetotaller in the midst of thristy people like headers and me...

rains played spoilsport that evening and washed away any further fun activities... we wanted to head to reliance and play NFS:UG... there is a 24 reliance center in chennai...

also would like to thank headers for letting me crash at his place... didn't wanna risk goin for a swim with my car that night... and also was extra sweet to drive me in his jeep all the way to my house in the morning just to ensure the roads were cleared of the sea of water.... and then i returned to drive my baby back home safely...

hey pal... tried to modify the pics but not too much of a change... will try again.
nice report there E_L... and thnx for everyone who came inspite of the weather conditions...
Old 30th October 2006, 17:18   #55
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a nice meet that happened.
Yes, nitrous is the true organiser.

What was that Santro incident about ? Do not remember reading it in the papers ?
Old 30th October 2006, 17:25   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
What was that Santro incident about ? Do not remember reading it in the papers ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-monoxide.html
Old 30th October 2006, 17:29   #57
BHPian

hey esteem lover, gr8 report man ! wish i was there though.....wud've been a lot more fun with u guys !!!

anyways, watched the movie on Sunday nite with a pal who's not too much of a car freak (but i noticed him watching with his jaws wide open and eyes popped)....wow dudes, the movie is awesome ! i would rate it better than part 2 but not as good as part 1.

the best part was after the movie...in the parking lot, there were cars revving hard everywhere, wheelspinning and burning out.....the slipsteam too revved for all she was worth. Driving down Anna Salai i was nearing Spencers when a silver grey honda city overtook me from the left and cut me off.....i downshifted from 4th to second and floored it and it was almost like a replay of the movie (just no drifting)....took the extreme right of the lane at Anna Salai and turned left into Ethiraj Salai, carrying more speed into the corner and took the guy from the inside line (F1 ishtyle !) and was ahead of him till Connemara....after that the city just powered away. After all, there's only that much that a M-1000 can do :(

Reached home feeling great that I had outdone the city guy at the turn. Thanx to F&F for the inspiration !!!

Now over to drifting practice (incidentally that was my first post in T-Bhp - how to drift a FWD car !!!)
Old 30th October 2006, 17:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatesh_t3
kool report esteem_lover, i missed the meet since i already saw the movie, how did u find movie
hi venkatesh,
that is no reason not to come to the meet. you dont have to look further than our islero & hotrod, who had to take permissions from reluctant parents to go for a movie in the middle of the night in heavy rains, even though they have also already seen it.
Old 30th October 2006, 17:37   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
hi venkatesh,
that is no reason not to come to the meet. you dont have to look further than our islero & hotrod, who had to take permissions from reluctant parents to go for a movie in the middle of the night in heavy rains, even though they have also already seen it.
yes and they were so excited and were chattering away like cricket commentators.... nevertheless they were really fun to be with...

slip stream, supreme baleno... wish you could make it... SB i am yet to meet you so lets plan another meet sometime soon...
Old 30th October 2006, 18:10   #60
Senior - BHPian

wow, slipstream seems to have had some fun after the movie too.

yeah, aditya need to catch up one day. I have not met esteem_lover also.
The rest of the guys in the snaps I know from the last meet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks