Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Ideal Date and time to have a BHPian meet
March 2 2019 - Lunch 47 63.51%
March 3 2019 - Lunch 27 36.49%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2019, 14:13   #181
BHPian

Re: Mumbai + Pune BHPians meet - Lunch on 2nd March, 2019 (Sunny's Dhaba). EDIT: Pics from page 11!

This was my 1st official TBHP Meet, despite being a member from 2006. It was a fantastic experience, to meet so many people and GTO.

Thanks for the lovely pics, specially loved the Bikes.
I was very excited to see the XUV 300 in flesh and think its a gorgeous vehicle.

Hope to be part of coming meets and once again, a big Thanks to TBHP and all members for a lovely Saturday,
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 14:15   #182
BHPian

Re: Mumbai + Pune BHPians meet - Lunch on 2nd March, 2019 (Sunny's Dhaba). EDIT: Pics from page 11!

Lovely Pictures and nice way of referring to people with their cars. I would be shifting to Pune soon so maybe next meet I will take part. Fingers Crossed and Hope's Up.
Old 4th March 2019, 14:23   #183
BHPian

This was my first meet with the team Bhp brethren and boy I must say to me it was truly worthwhile as it was one place I felt at home mingling among and spent time with like minded people .

Driving to the meeting point though was a downer as I have done this stretch innumerable times but it was jammed at most places, may be the long weekend break Saturday, Sunday and Monday coupled with road work being done to blame.

GTO it was a pleasant surprise, must say a small world you being a boscoite know a lot of mutual acquaintances, teachers and principals. Test car, The XUV 300 in actual was a pleasant surprise in the burnt orange metallic colour.

“We at BMW do not build cars as consumer objects, just to drive from A to B. We build mobile works of art.” - Chris Bangle
Karan, you upped the ante. Your E46, a stunner and a true labour of love. The exhaust tone “Music to the ears”

The cars so many in number, the super bikes too but the cycling all the way from Pune and R. Sudarsanan from Bangalore in his Bimmer were the cherry on the cake.

'Cars' is simply near and dear to my heart”- John Lasseter
The Mumbai –Pune meet to me proves just that.

Mumbai + Pune BHPians meet - Lunch on 2nd March, 2019 (Sunny's Dhaba). EDIT: Pics from page 11!-img_5001.jpg

Mumbai + Pune BHPians meet - Lunch on 2nd March, 2019 (Sunny's Dhaba). EDIT: Pics from page 11!-img_5002.jpg

Mumbai + Pune BHPians meet - Lunch on 2nd March, 2019 (Sunny's Dhaba). EDIT: Pics from page 11!-img_5015.jpg

Mumbai + Pune BHPians meet - Lunch on 2nd March, 2019 (Sunny's Dhaba). EDIT: Pics from page 11!-img_5016.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 5th March 2019 at 01:00. Reason: Minor typo. EDIT: Pictures inserted in-line. Bimmer ;)
ToothyPetrohead is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 15:23   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
GTO, karan561, SDP, ChiragM, blackwasp, bigblackshark, surjaonwheelz, sujaybhandare, Mr.501, abhisheknandan, Samfromindia, ksameer1234, TusharK, Ricci, sukiwa, miharbe, Axe77 and Amey Kulkarni; that's as far as a I got with my grip'n grin. I'll be better next time at working the crowd.
Nice meeting you Mohan. Great meeting you all. I was catching up with Pune folks after a long time. Meeting new bhpians was a pleasure too. Some we had met last year at "Sheetal da dhaba"

As someone said over lunch, "It was great putting faces to the handles!"

Met GTO for the first time and his tagline was "See you on the forum!" That's what keeps us connected. So keep posting guys!

Meeting TusharK (the news guy) and ChiragM was fun, they were younger than expected! Blackwasp (Kanad) was in his axis (imaginary orbit) as usual, knowing him since he used to have a much lighter footprint!

Meeting tbhp photographers team and their gear was another takeaway (Legendary D4 & 70-200 f2.8)

The vehicle line-up was simply awesome! What men's dream, boys had it!

Sukiwa had been an inspiration in behind the scenes, right from pinging folks personally to booking the venue.

Last but not the least, we had great company in Samfromindia's Ecosport, Ricci, Sam & I extended our auto and non-auto threads during the drive!

Get your personalized tees before the next meet!

Cheers,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 15:33   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Absolutely. I will ping you before I get out towards those parts. Also please do reach out to me if you are planning a big ride. I will join if I can.

Super. Easily the best pictures of the day.
Not planning anything on bike as heat is going up. But surely will surely let you know if any rides are planned in future. And they will be long rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How you bikers managed to ride in that heat + riding gear, I have no clue.
Yeah the heat was unbearable especially on the return leg after having lunch. May be our love for biking and the meet up enthu kept us going
sujay bhandare is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 19:14   #186
BHPian

TBhp is indeed quite a strong community which interacts digitally on an ongoing basis. I read and absorb a lot from the forum. I hence love any opportunity which allows me to drive down and socialize with the group in the traditional way. I am glad to have attended one of the biggest meets. The sheer size of the number of participants made it a tad bit difficult for all of us to interact with each other and get to know all. It was great to break bread together and I did enjoy the conversations with the members on the lunch table. I don’t have pictures to share but I will admit to a guilty pleasure of getting excited to see pictures of my ride on the forum in the meet thread. Thank You GTO and ChiragM for the shots and also for the company of driving along side on the way to Lonavala and back.

Best,

Raj B
RajBajwa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 19:52   #187
Lij
BHPian

A saturday very well spent.

My 2nd Team-BHP meet in 2 years and a huge one at that!! Thank you all for making it such an enjoyable day.

Special thanks to Akshay.Hemmady who started the thread and sukiwa for sending out PMs and organizing the event at Sunny.

Wonderfull to meet RSUDARSANAN who drove down from Bangalore when he saw the meet planned!!

Driving on the expressway with all petrol heads around was absolutely delightful. Must say that the XUV3OO front looked a bit menacing when it tries catching up and you see it from the rear view mirrors!

ChiragM, SDP thanks for the pictures of my ride on the E-way.

Although coudn't catch up with the entire gang as it was a huge meet but have to mention the few whom I could catch up with and remember the handles as well -
GTO, ChiragM, SDP, karan561, Axe77, Akshay.Hemmady, RajBajwa, Sameerpb, Mohansrides, RWD, Kashish, miharbe, blackwasp, ksameer1234, Ashwin Morey, R2D2, sukiwa, TusharK, thewhiteknight, anandpadhye, AutoSphere, toothypetrohead.
Lij is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 21:02   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice meet though I couldn’t stay too long. Nice to meet some old friends and make new ones.

This is a total long shot but did anyone see and pick up a black Vincent Chase hard case containing my prescription glasses? Must have been in or around the Sunny’s parking lot. PM me if you have them!
noopster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 07:44   #189
BHPian

And, I managed to miss my third meet. Disappointed that I could not meet fellow Bhpians but confident that I will somehow make it to the next one.
Sorry for the last minute ditch guys. Hope to make it up for the next one.
Old 5th March 2019, 18:13   #190
BHPian

Super nice photos these are . Although I missed the meet again but this time I was genuinely busy so couldn't have joined anyway.

Good to see the babies of bhpians and waiting for next meet .

By the way, Sukiwa is the only bhpian who has interacted with me, face to face, till date.
turbodude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 13:11   #191
Senior - BHPian

One small suggestion for future meets.

Can we ask the owner of the place to stop music? It becomes hard to hear people across the table with those jhintak music playing in the background.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 09:29   #192
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Tejas Gandhi for sharing this group shot!
Mumbai + Pune BHPians meet - Lunch on 2nd March, 2019 (Sunny's Dhaba). EDIT: Pics from page 11!-_tej2064.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Can we ask the owner of the place to stop music?
Good idea. Will do next time .
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 09:56   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
By the way, Sukiwa is the only bhpian who has interacted with me, face to face, till date.
I think he must be the only one who knows and has met (almost) all active Pune BHPians in person - even anti-social ones like me

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 11:50   #194
BHPian

Ouch! Double Ouch!! Triple Ouch!!!

I couldn't make it!

Anyway, you guys have put so many photos and so many explanations, I feel that I did not really 'miss' it. Anyway, next time I want to be there. Could you have it on the weekend with the 2nd or 4th Saturday? Then it is easier for me. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GKMahajan : 7th March 2019 at 11:50. Reason: Small grammar mistake!
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 08:47   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Absolutely without a doubt ! Dashcam is one of the most essential accessories one must buy right after getting a car.

The E46 was surely the star of the show ! Is it a 328i or 318i ? It was a pleasure meeting Karan His posts on TeamBhp and Youtube channel is very entertaining & informative. Posting a video of the exhaust note below which everyone is raving about !

Exhaust Note (Headphones Recommended)
Hey Sam, absolutely agree with you on that regards the DashCam. My XUV got one in the first week of purchase. Its a Transcend drivepro 220 and has been serving well last 2 yrs. It is a 328i i believe. Had read it somewhere earlier in the post.
Thanks for the lovely video of KKC's beemer. Its a pleasure to hear and an absolute thrill .

Thanks also to ChiragM for the lovely pics especially of my XUV
The rolling shots are brilliant as well.

Lets catch up soon again. Already waiting for the next meet!

Last edited by SDP : 8th March 2019 at 09:22. Reason: Video link removed from quoted portion
vinitbhavi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks