Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2007, 22:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Long drive(Bangalore)- Sunday morning!!!

Hey guys,
I know this is coming your way with a much shorter notice however this is the plan: Me and a few friends have decided to go for a drive on Sunday morning(11th Feb)... We plan to do around 300Kms max(two way). The idea is to just get away from the city hum drum n just DRIVE!!!

We have decided upon meeting at 6.30am at Dakshin Honda on hosur rd then take Krishnagiri rd and drive on say around 100 to 150kms, halt, chilllout at some desi food joint and return.

My OHC Vtec and a swift confirmed...Around 6members confirmed as of now... We planned only some time back so we are expecting more numbers anyways in times to come...

If anyone interested, kindly let me know...My number is 9845312601.

The whole idea of this drive out is to DRIVE our loved and well preserved machines on the roads we love and not to to visit some tourist destination...so, here's an 'Invite' to those enthusiasts only...

You can bring along anyone with you; Friends, non tbhpians, spouses etc...

Though this isnt an Official Official Tbhp meet, bigger turnout is only better!!!

Last edited by The Wolf : 9th February 2007 at 22:10.
Old 9th February 2007, 22:10   #2
Team-BHP Support

May not be a good idea. Next day is Karnataka bandh. Atibele-Hosur-Krishnagiri.. Looks like a borderline situation.
Old 9th February 2007, 22:19   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The Wolf,

Might I suggest Bellary Road - you could even catch a glimpse of some those fighters at the same time. As Rudra suggested, avoid Tamil Nadu border.
Old 9th February 2007, 22:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
May not be a good idea. Next day is Karnataka bandh. Atibele-Hosur-Krishnagiri.. Looks like a borderline situation.

Aaah, didnt think about it!!! Ok we switch to Mysore road then...
Old 9th February 2007, 22:23   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Aaah, didnt think about it!!! Ok we switch to Mysore road then...
Dont even think abt it. If all else fails, do the old Madras Rd till Chittor
Old 9th February 2007, 22:24   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Ok we switch to Mysore road then...
Towards Mandya? Wolf, I think it's high time you know about the problem areas in Karnataka....

Boy, these guys get fast cars and forget everything.
Old 9th February 2007, 22:31   #7

HOw about Horesley Hills in Madanapalle on the way to chittor, It is around 150 kms and your car will be put to test on flat road, steep curves and the ghats.

My two cents

sn
Old 9th February 2007, 22:53   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayshak View Post
HOw about Horesley Hills in Madanapalle on the way to chittor, It is around 150 kms and your car will be put to test on flat road, steep curves and the ghats.

My two cents

sn
I guess if u plan to take the chintamani route to madanapalli you will be hearing a lot of curses from many here .. Roads are not that good , specially not in the krishnagiri , mulbalgal or bellary via tumkur league ..

Well im not sure as of now , dont have a ride unless a certain uncle decides to give me a taste of some BOOST over the journey .. Will confirm surely by tomorrow evening .. If i get my car by then , then pls make sure that someone gets a 800 or something to give company to my pace ..
Old 9th February 2007, 23:10   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Well im not sure as of now , dont have a ride unless a certain uncle decides to give me a taste of some BOOST over the journey .. ..
Suggest you stay indoors and enjoy a Bournvita or Horlicks till this bandh stuff dies down
Old 9th February 2007, 23:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Towards Mandya? Wolf, I think it's high time you know about the problem areas in Karnataka....
Rudra Sir, I do have a fair clue of these sensitivites but I just can wait anymore...Im sick and tired of 'Nextweek lets go' thingie...

Quote:
You make me look like a juvenile delinquent with that statement...haha!!!

Anywas, Middle finger to the bandh, lets do the DRRRRive!!!!!!!!!!

The bandh is on Monday so sunday morning should be peaceful while the troublemakers are getting rid of their Sat night binge hangover...LOL!

The roads are waiting......lets go have a safe and ecstatic drive my fellow men...

Ajmat sir: No brownie points for pretending deterrence...LOLzzz...And helllowww, wats up with the bournvita thing?? That too on a weekend?? I would rather have talked about some aged malt ;-)

Last edited by The Wolf : 10th February 2007 at 00:09.
Old 10th February 2007, 01:39   #11
BANNED

Quote:
May be wolf should get a iron clad mesh on his OHC to fend off those flying rocks, or even dodge the rocks(skills permitting).

Jokes apart, couple of my relatives got stuck near mandya for a couple hours, and the situation seemed tense. Showing the middle finger to riots and going on with business is the right thing to do, but you cannot get into the middle of a riot, and think you can do the same. I am not saying there is going to be a full scale riot, but why take chances.
Old 10th February 2007, 02:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
May be wolf should get a iron clad mesh on his OHC to fend off those flying rocks, or even dodge the rocks(skills permitting).

Jokes apart, couple of my relatives got stuck near mandya for a couple hours, and the situation seemed tense. Showing the middle finger to riots and going on with business is the right thing to do, but you cannot get into the middle of a riot, and think you can do the same. I am not saying there is going to be a full scale riot, but why take chances.
Dude, riots are on Monday and the drive is planned for Sunday early morning...Do you still think that it might not be a good idea??
Old 10th February 2007, 02:44   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Dude, riots are on Monday and the drive is planned for Sunday early morning...Do you still think that it might not be a good idea??
Well, rioters do not make an appointment. All you need is a cab with TN registration, that decides to tour Mandya on a quiet sunday morning.
Old 10th February 2007, 02:57   #14
BHPian

Use common sense dude! Better safe than sorry. You have put it off for so long.. whats a few more days? If not for yourself, think about your car
Old 10th February 2007, 03:09   #15
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Seems fair enough , however it wont be possible the next weekend as most of us would be in bombay .. Maybe after that ?? Ritesh looks like u might have to wait a little longer now .. LOL ..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks