Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 15:31   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
A thousand pardons huzoor. Meri jaan baksh do. Btw what did you do to iRaghava now that you are out?
Maine kya kiya?

Quote:
Have a great meet guys!
You can go to Badlapur on Sunday?

Even KPBhatt can postpone his drive to Mumbai for Sunday.
Old 10th August 2007, 16:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Maine kya kiya?
Oops that was for Normally_Crazy. He's the one that IRaghava caught in Sam's delightful description.

Got some work to be done, and also have to "babysit" the dog for the next two days.

Superavi
Old 11th August 2007, 07:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

ok guys,

I am off from Mumbai. Will call any of you if I get lost. See you in the evening.

Cheers
Old 12th August 2007, 14:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

A short report on the meet

I left Mumbai at 0830 hours and reached the end of the express way at 1010 hours. proceeded to my destination with telephonic help from Shrivz. Reached the location at 1045 hours and sat through till 1300 hours attending the conference.

Got off at 1300 hours and Shrivz was just outside the place where I was, so he came in and we decided to get some lunch. I had to change before that so we proceeded to Shrivs place and I got the makeover done. Meanwhile Shrivz had called up Fiatsingh Walla and he was at his college and promised to join up. After transfering all my data on his HD, at about 1530 hours - Shrivz led me to lunch.

We reached a place called Malaka Spice in Koregaon Park. I saw that they had "Mee Goreng" on the menu and decided on it. Also ordered some steam rice and Thai red curry too. And then it hit Shrivz, the spice in the noodles. Meanwhile Karl arrived and we sat there chatting and having some good Thai food.

1730 hours we called up MF and he decided to meet us at Shrivz's place - so we left from the hotel and headed back to Shrivz's place. MF arrived from work dressed like an EXECUTIVE and we sat there generally gossiping (who says men do not gossip?). Also watched half a movie - Mr Angrez. Meanwhile we had called up quite a few guys to come over for the meet in the evening.

Shrivz then had some work between 1830 hours - 2030 hours ( BIRD WATCHING was the unanimous view of everyone) and he left. Me , MF and Karl then proceeded towards The Grand for our session. Picked up a friend of mine and Amey had reached there in spanking new Swift with nice alloys before us. Amey left early as did my friend. So we 3 - MF, Karl and me sat down - talked and talked - ate and drank - and the Swale turns up. And in a while Shrivz comes in too. Swale is also driving back to Mumbai after the meet - I have company till Mumbai and I was glad.

After we finish off at the Grand we go staright to Dorabjee's. Sadly everything was over and we managed to get some Kheema, Chicken Masala, Chicken Biryani , Mutton Biryani and Mutton cutlets topped off with Caramel Custard. Awesome.

I was satisfied and Swale and me decided to leave for Mumbai at 2330 hours. An uneventful drive back - except for a Cayman S - I reached home at 0130 hours. Swale continued to his home.

A BIG Thank you to Shrivz, Karl, MF, Amey and his friend Dhaval and Swale. I had a great time yesterday and I wish you guys did too.

Pune is a nice place and I intend to go there often now. Good quality there.
Old 12th August 2007, 15:43   #20
Team-BHP Support

Ok N_C you missed the highlight. Me, Karl, N_C and Chetan got off the car at Grand:

(I remove a packet of Gold Flake Lights and offer it to N_C)
N_C: "Haat saala."
N_C stares at Chetan on his left and Chetan immediately removes a Classic Milds from his pocket and offers it but without a Light.
N_C to me: "Light de"
So I ask "Don movie ka shooting chal raha hai kya?" and give him a light.
Immediately Grand hotel starts playing "Mujhko pehchaan lo mein hoon Don..... "
What a co-incidence. Even Grand greeted N_C with style.

The stories of MF with KF have to be good and they turn into absolute fun when we have a select few members around .

N_C, when do you plan your next trip? And you still haven't told us about the surprise. Next time we'll walk on North Main Road doing the usual bird watching (taking tips from Shrivz of course).

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th August 2007 at 15:44.
Old 12th August 2007, 16:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Looks like all of you had a great time in Pune with Donji.
Good food, good friends, good booze, good car (and everything else) chat, thats what makes a good meet. Next time around, i coming too. Anyone take some pics....of Donji at least??!!
Old 12th August 2007, 16:53   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
After we finish off at the Grand we go staright to Dorabjee's. Sadly everything was over and we managed to get some Kheema, Chicken Masala, Chicken Biryani , Mutton Biryani and Mutton cutlets topped off with Caramel Custard. Awesome.

Pune is a nice place and I intend to go there often now. Good quality there.
Dippy, we missed you at Dorabjees...and during The Angrez!
NC, as for good quality, MF and me both think thats debatable...hehe.

V-16, strangely nobody carried a camera. And I think we were all happy that way, leaving no trails of evidence.

All in all, good fun. Cmon people, lets do this more often, and with more than 3 people!
Old 12th August 2007, 17:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Great report of the meet. Pune guys are great hosts

@karl : Dorabjee to theek hai. But what's with Mr Angrez. Is that the movie Don goes around showing everyone on his laptop?
Old 12th August 2007, 17:30   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got off at 1300 hours and Shrivz was just outside the place where I was, so he came in and we decided to get some lunch.

After transfering all my data on his HD, at about 1530 hours - Shrivz led me to lunch.

What was discussed in that conference that necessitated 2 lunches ?
Old 12th August 2007, 17:36   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
What was discussed in that conference that necessitated 2 lunches ?
More importantly what was the contents of the HD that needed 2 lunches to copy.
Old 12th August 2007, 17:44   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
But what's with Mr Angrez. Is that the movie Don goes around showing everyone on his laptop?
This time it was on Shrivz' computer. And trust me buddy you should watch the movie and you will know why we missed you while watching the movie.

Quote:
NC, as for good quality, MF and me both think thats debatable...hehe.
You bet Karlos!
Old 12th August 2007, 17:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok N_C you missed the highlight.
Arre MF - Don khud ki tareef khud ki zubaan se nahi karta -as usual I just left it out and you said it. Mujh ko pehchan lo - Main hoon Don.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
More importantly what was the contents of the HD that needed 2 lunches to copy.
@ Vid and Mag - There was only one lunch -hehe - that happened at 1530 hours and as for the contents of the HD - it was the usual - music and movies (not the kinds a certain Dilla da tyre shyre walla carries around)

It was fun - I might be back on the 18th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Next time we'll walk on North Main Road doing the usual bird watching (taking tips from Shrivz of course).
MF - this is a deal. Shrivz will be our Raju guide.
Old 12th August 2007, 17:48   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
MF - this is a deal. Shrivz will be our Raju guide.
I still remember Shrivz joining us at Grand, all exhausted and sweaty. Wonder whether he used something else for birdwatching.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 12th August 2007 at 18:02. Reason: Quote - corrected
Old 12th August 2007, 18:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I still remember Shrivz joining us at Grand, all exhausted and sweaty. Wonder whether he used something else for birdwatching.
And he was GLOWING all over too I wonder now !!
Old 12th August 2007, 21:06   #30
BHPian

I had to leave early although i wanted to stay on :(
Had a beer and left so missed all the 'talk' which followed later on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks