BHPian

Hyderabad Team-BHP Meet-Jan' 2008: 1st Drive-And-Meet of the year

Count me in for Srisilam/Nagarjuna Sagar Trip guys

I badly missed the previous one :(
Old 27th December 2007, 21:13   #2
BHPian

Lets welcome 2008 with a BANG

OK Biryani (Veg or non veg)TBHPians

Last two meets we have set the baselines. From now on there is no looking back. Lets make this one a gorgeous one. We drive / ride to Nagarjunasagar / Srisailem / Ethipodela in a BIG BIG Jhoond.
It will be a one day / two day trip. Lets keep all options open. But the start should be together. What will be the minimum number? Chalo dekhte hai na. Lets have a ball. But if the HYDERABADI MODERATOR doesn't join in his place is suspended. we have already decided that on the last meet. ZAPPO be warned. This time Gautam is also comming. Avi you make sure of that.

So let it happen folks. Avi need your help and also Raj's. Raj please call on all the oldies, else we cant get the gang. vnabhi / satish need your ooperation

Regards

Kaushik
Old 28th December 2007, 10:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

guys, I am in. I have one condition though....the drive should be minimum 150 KMS one way

and yes, Dev, you have to lead the show this time round......
Old 28th December 2007, 14:04   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
guys, I am in. I have one condition though....the drive should be minimum 150 KMS one way
, anything lesser i am out. Let us stick to the two options of we have which is either Nsagar ( 155km) or Srisailam ( 225km) one way. And, also lets stick to the date of Jan 26th for this trip.

Deb, do make it this time as your moderatorship is at stake
Old 28th December 2007, 14:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

i vote for Srisailam.....saw some pics on the net and the place looked beautiful

Also, should we change teh title of the thread- it should be more hyd specific.
Old 28th December 2007, 14:27   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I am game for any destination. Deb, we request you to change the thread title to :

Hyderabad Team-BHP Meet-Jan' 2008: 1st Drive-And-Meet of the year
Old 28th December 2007, 16:13   #7
BHPian

Two things here. Frist the bad one, the road near the Dam is very bad and worst after the rains. It is about 15 kms and takes 45 minutes to cross the strecth. the good one - if we can manager to pay the security guard few hundred rupees, then we can drive on the DAM to reach the otherside and it saves One hour driving time.
Nagarjuna sagar, we can drive straight away and come back by night.
Old 28th December 2007, 18:41   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Prem, i assume your post is talking only about sagar. I go there quite frequently and it is very difficult to bribe the guards on the bridge to let us go via that route, tried in the last tbhp meet. And, the round about route of 15km is quite good albeit uphill and downhill ( which is quite fun to drive on) and it wont take you more than 15-20 minutes to get on the other side.

Finally, we tbhpians should never comment that we 'cannot' do Srisailam ( 460kms) back and forth in a single day
Old 28th December 2007, 18:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

sagar tip is quite common...make it two days srisailam trip...460 kms in one day will just be driving....no time to enjoy srisailam..
Old 28th December 2007, 19:05   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
sagar tip is quite common...make it two days srisailam trip...460 kms in one day will just be driving....no time to enjoy srisailam..
Kutlee, we should be saying that Sagar trip is common not you.

I am game for either but, i need to head back the same day on Jan 26th.
Old 28th December 2007, 19:22   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks one of our Hyd tbhpian did the srisailam trip recently. Here is the report and some nice pictures to give you a heads-up on what to expect:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tml#post670366
Old 28th December 2007, 19:58   #12
BHPian

Sagar or Srisailem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
hi kutlee,

we will do it your way provided you turn up for the drive.

@Avi - Prem is talking about Srisailem. Just the point where you start getting down from the hills to take the road across the bridge, there is a way to drive across the dam proper, which is out of bounds. I have also heard that you can bribe the guardas to drive on the dam, but I am not sure being 26th Jan whether we will be able to do so. Prem ????? any insider info??????
Old 29th December 2007, 18:07   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchatt View Post
hi kutlee,

we will do it your way provided you turn up for the drive.

@Avi - Prem is talking about Srisailem. Just the point where you start getting down from the hills to take the road across the bridge, there is a way to drive across the dam proper, which is out of bounds. I have also heard that you can bribe the guardas to drive on the dam, but I am not sure being 26th Jan whether we will be able to do so. Prem ????? any insider info??????
Hmm, ok. I am aware that when you approach Srisailam when you go down and take a right on to the bridge, the roads before and after this bridge are horrendous for a few kms, only you and himanshu would be clapping your hands in glee while we sedan folks will be cringing in agony as our shocks will be tossed up to hell and back . But, then again, it shouldnt take so much time.
Old 30th December 2007, 21:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

i know this is slightly OT, but is there any plans of a 2 or 3 hour meet rather than a 2 or 3 day meet? lets pleaseee have a small meet where all can come,sit,get to know each other and then u guys can have the BIG meet.

this being an humble request from the youngest t-bhp member in hyd
Old 30th December 2007, 22:32   #15
BHPian

Yes, let me check it out. Last time, my Brother-in-law drove on the DAM while returning from srisailam after driving on the bad stretch. It was a maruti car and he need to beg the guards for him to come back safely.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed