2. rr_zen.
3. para_7k (Please confirm)
4. Headers
5. BBLost
Old 30th September 2009, 12:16   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I propose a city meet at the Saravanabhavan mentioned by Headers on Friday (02.10.09) evening, for those who are not going to Pondy. And for everyone, if the Pondy plans do not fructify. Those in favour please add you name and highlight it.

1. Gansan
2. rr_zen.
3. para_7k (Please confirm)
City meets can happen anyway, immaterial of whether guys are going to pondy or not. I am also in for the city meet btw.

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 30th September 2009 at 12:28.
Old 30th September 2009, 12:45   #1548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that! A meet need not necessarily mean a drive meet, though it is more enjoyable. Let a city meet too have a place in the scheme of things, to accommodate everyone.

@Petrolhead, Saravanabhavan was only suggestive -something I thought up instantly in lieu of Woodlands Drive-in, so any other suggestions are welcome. We all know about the parking problems around them.
Humble suggestion guys.

Long Drives ?
Enjoying a long Drive meet is all fine. But you guys seem to be running in closed circles. Either head to the track and start blazing the tarmac or ripoff to some long drives where only few can make it. Not all are in the same plane. Options, situations and lifestyle differs and that should'nt be a criteria in determining the Love & passion for cars. Its actually more fun to meet new people, make new friends and discuss interesting stuff than sms'ing select friends and start burning gas.

City meets ?
I am not in favor of city meets too. First of all there are not many such places in City to accomodate so many cars. Secondly, if we go in for city meets what difference does that make from your regular day-to-day drives (apart from meeting some sweet people).

So what is that i keep cribbing about ?
simple and straight. why dont we think about some place in ECR (where some good food is available) or even Tiger Caves or Mahabs? It gives you atleast a good 50-60KM to drive. More people can join in. Lots of free space to park cars / discuss topics. Why not early morning meets in Bessie? or Even to places enroute to Vandalur / Dindivanam. Good roads man, real fine roads, Nice places to shoot too (the photos of course)
Ofcourse time and again we should have those long drive meets or Track meet or city meet.

For married individuals a night stay may be the only thing that keeps him away from the long meets. For people on tight budget, it doesn't make sense to burn so much oil, for meeting few memebers in Pondy. For people who drive mostly in city, city meets are more of a put off. Some people just can't spead more time. So considering all this, i suggested the above. (Again spending time - means spending good 3-5 hours (incl drive / lunch / dinner / breakfast))

My humbe suggestion is have these kinda of short meets often so that more people are actually involved, else the whole purpose of such a great community becomes ineffective

All said, please go ahead with your Pondy plans. have a nice time and post pics too. maybe we can meet up sometime during city meets / out of city meets (i hope it happens)

apologies if some you find my post irrelavant or useless

Cheers
Praveen

Last edited by Mi10 : 30th September 2009 at 12:49. Reason: Typo
Old 30th September 2009, 13:01   #1549
BHPian

@praveen - I totally understand what you say. Nobody here is saying no to city meets. To be quite frank most of us met up through city meets. Overnight meets do not happen everyday. Its almost after a year and a half (correct me - I know its longer) that we have finally managed to come up with something. Besides dude, trust me, everyone here is running on shoestring budgets and that is why we make it a point to reduce costs as much as possible whenever we step out for a meet. This meet had us dodging and ducking for quite a while due to various constraints.

City meets do happen. just that someone needs to take the initiative to work things out. I guess its fair enough to not expect the same people to be breaking their heads all the time right? As far as meets go, someone needs to take up the initiative of organizing it and make sure that it caters to a majority of the group (cant ever satisfy everyone). If more people start doing it, I guess we would have quite a few meets to post on this thread. We had everything from breakfast meets to beach meets to drive meets in the past. So there is no reason for them to stop happening. Just that somnone needs to come up with a concrete plan. So next time there is a city meet Id be there for sure and I can say the same for quite a few others here as well.

I am not going to complain cuz some one had a meet that did not interest me. At the end of the day not all meets interest everyone but that cant bring an end to such meets can it? Different people have different choices and preferences. So hopefully in future we would have more city meets where everyone gets to join in. You can count my participation in for sure.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:12   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
City meets can happen anyway, immaterial of whether guys are going to pondy or not. I am also in for the city meet btw.
Count me in for this.

BTW, which Saravnabhavan ?
Old 30th September 2009, 13:16   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
@praveen - I totally understand what you say. Nobody here is saying no to city meets. To be quite frank most of us met up through city meets. Overnight meets do not happen everyday. Its almost after a year and a half (correct me - I know its longer) that we have finally managed to come up with something. Besides dude, trust me, everyone here is running on shoestring budgets and that is why we make it a point to reduce costs as much as possible whenever we step out for a meet. This meet had us dodging and ducking for quite a while due to various constraints.

City meets do happen. just that someone needs to take the initiative to work things out. I guess its fair enough to not expect the same people to be breaking their heads all the time right? As far as meets go, someone needs to take up the initiative of organizing it and make sure that it caters to a majority of the group (cant ever satisfy everyone). If more people start doing it, I guess we would have quite a few meets to post on this thread. We had everything from breakfast meets to beach meets to drive meets in the past. So there is no reason for them to stop happening. Just that somnone needs to come up with a concrete plan. So next time there is a city meet Id be there for sure and I can say the same for quite a few others here as well.

I am not going to complain cuz some one had a meet that did not interest me. At the end of the day not all meets interest everyone but that cant bring an end to such meets can it? Different people have different choices and preferences. So hopefully in future we would have more city meets where everyone gets to join in. You can count my participation in for sure.
Thanks Petrol head for clarifying mr doubts. I ll see what best i can do to make the regular meets happen (frequently).

You guys have a good time there in Pondy. Drive Safe and post pics. Probably we can meet next time around
Old 30th September 2009, 13:30   #1552
BHPian

I know a decent place off the ECR in Pallavaram. Green Meadows, I think it's called? Greenery, pool, rooms if required. Can take pot luck or order food from there. People who want to can carry in That Which Shall Not Be Named; not sure if the place has a license of its own.

Just an alternate option to Saravana Bhavan for the next city meet...
Old 30th September 2009, 13:34   #1553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
I know a decent place off the ECR in Pallavaram. Green Meadows, I think it's called? Greenery, pool, rooms if required. Can take pot luck or order food from there. People who want to can carry in That Which Shall Not Be Named; not sure if the place has a license of its own.

Just an alternate option to Saravana Bhavan for the next city meet...
I think you mean Palavakkam and not Pallavaram. It need not necessarily be Saravanabhavan.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:37   #1554
BHPian

^^ Yup, you're probably right. My bad. Anyhow I meant it as a suggestion for the meet after the one at Saravana Bhavan [EDIT: and after the Pondy drive too. Future plan, future!]. Since Friday is so close, I suggest we freeze on S. Bhavan as the place for the present city meet.

Last edited by Perakath : 30th September 2009 at 13:38.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:39   #1555
Senior - BHPian

The HSB (Hotel Saravana Bhavan) idea is interesting, good.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 30th September 2009 at 13:43. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 30th September 2009, 13:40   #1556
Team-BHP Support

There is a Saravana Bhavan inside Spencers.
Parking (Rs 15 per hour) will not be a problem.
Location is almost the center of the city.

Service decent. Plus there are a bunch of other options available.
There are two food courts inside Spencers.
This one is inside phase 1 (I hope I am correct).
And less crowded and more brightly lit than the other.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:57   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that! A meet need not necessarily mean a drive meet, though it is more enjoyable. Let a city meet too have a place in the scheme of things, to accommodate everyone.

@Petrolhead, Saravanabhavan was only suggestive -something I thought up instantly in lieu of Woodlands Drive-in, so any other suggestions are welcome. We all know about the parking problems around them.
I'm ok for Friday after 6 PM.
Old 30th September 2009, 14:04   #1558
BHPian

I'm still on for Pondy on Saturday- what about the others??

1.Petrol_head
2.Headers
3.Nitrous (did not bother to ask cuz I know our man and his mistress would be there)
4.2themax (assuming that if you are in for the catamaran thing you would be in for pondy as well)
5.Esteem_lover (just an assumption - u need to validate that john)
6.Sutta Kambi aka Hot Rod aka Lightning Rod aka @#!%@ aka @&#*$#
7.Pras Oct
8.Phoenix
9.Perakath
10.Neoranjit
11.Bakiya_2k12
12.Mission_Safari + vdiatech
13. Fiery Enzyme
Old 30th September 2009, 14:14   #1559
Senior - BHPian

OK, this is how it stands for the city meet at present. Venue : HSB (yet to decide whether the one mentioned by headers / bblost). Date & Time : Friday 2nd October, 6.00 P.M. I have taken this list as confirmed from the individual posts. All others can include their name in bold in the same list please.

1. Gansan
2. rr_zen
3. para_7k
4. bblost
5. pras.oct25
6. Mi10
7. Blue Thunder
Old 30th September 2009, 14:15   #1560
BHPian

1.Petrol_head
2.Headers
3.Nitrous (did not bother to ask cuz I know our man and his mistress would be there)
4.2themax (assuming that if you are in for the catamaran thing you would be in for pondy as well)
5.Esteem_lover (just an assumption - u need to validate that john)
6.Sutta Kambi aka Hot Rod aka Lightning Rod aka @#!%@ aka @&#*$#
7.Pras Oct
8.Phoenix
9.Perakath
10.Neoranjit
11.Bakiya_2k12
12.Mission_Safari
13. Fiery Enzyme

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks